Ecolink Garage Door Tilt Sensor

So I just received an configured my ecolink tilt sensor. It seems to work fine to tell me whether the door is closed (green man) or open (red man). Can someone advise me on how I can set up so I can receive an email notification if the door is left open for a specific amount of time (say 10 mins?)

Thanks.

It can be done with PLEG.

I’ll check out PLEG,

Also, Now on the control panel on my computer it said “Waiting for wakeup to configure device”. Does anyone know what that means and if I need to and how to get rid of it?

it will wake up on its own and the configuration will get sent to the device, or you can wake it up by pressing the wakeup button on the device and force it to happen.

Hi,

I got my tilt sensor in the mail a couple of days ago and flat out cannot get it to pair with my Vera3.

1. I have tried pairing from the web interface and by using the zwave button on the front of the Vera.
  2. I have take the battery in and out multiple times.
  3. I have set the tilt sensor on top of the Vera3 and near it.
  4. I have unplugged the Vera3 and plugged it back in to reset the base unit.
  5. I have tried pairing the tilt sensor with the cover on and off.

I have not went out and bought a new battery, the one that in came with is a panasonic that says it is good until 2022 but I have not tested it to see if it is any good per se. The red led comes on when putting the battery in. I could let it sit on top of the Vera3 for like an hour in pairing mode and see if anything happens.

Is it time to return it to Staples for another one?

Did you try to remove it from the ZWave network first?

No. I can try to do an exclude and then try to include and see what happens. I know I had that problem when replacing a bad wall switch once. I’ll give that a shot, thanks.

UPDATE: That did the trick, thanks for the help!

This looks and sounds identical to my “ZG 8101EU” from “Vision”. I notice several of you mentions there are no switch to include/exclude etc. On mine the tampering switch is the one for inclusion/exclusion (metal switch inside the housing, it gets pressed by the cover). Hold for 1 second to include/exclude.

So I have 3 of these all work. Added to network without problems. What I want to know is there a way to reverse the status reporting? I used 2 on the grave doors work performance perfectly. The 3rd I have placed on attic door. This door being horizontal when closed works if you know that is the case but would be nice to have it report properly with a minor configuration change or device edit.

Sent from my Venue 8 3830 using Tapatalk

We now have a un-boxing and installation video of this unit on our site. If anyone is interested in seeing this great sensor working, please check it out.
http://www.007systems.com/garage-door-tilt-sensor-tiltzwave2-eco.html

I just got one of these. Added fine but seems like it is working opposite of what I’d expect.

Vera shows Green when the sensor is laying flat/horizontal and Red when the sensor is upright/vertical?

Looks like it should be the opposite since when it is upright/vertical on the garage door, the garage door will be closed?

anyone else have/had this issue?

[quote=“Aaron, post:31, topic:178848”]I just got one of these. Added fine but seems like it is working opposite of what I’d expect.

Vera shows Green when the sensor is laying flat/horizontal and Red when the sensor is upright/vertical?

Looks like it should be the opposite since when it is upright/vertical on the garage door, the garage door will be closed?

anyone else have/had this issue?[/quote]

Probably a stupid question, but did you install it with the orientation arrow facing up?
I go through it with our video.

http://www.007systems.com/ecolink-z-wave-garage-door-tilt-sensor-unbox-and-installation.html

[quote=“Jamr, post:32, topic:178848”][quote=“Aaron, post:31, topic:178848”]I just got one of these. Added fine but seems like it is working opposite of what I’d expect.

anyone else have/had this issue?[/quote]

Probably a stupid question, but did you install it with the orientation arrow facing up?
I go through it with our video.

http://www.007systems.com/ecolink-z-wave-garage-door-tilt-sensor-unbox-and-installation.html[/quote]

… not a stupid question at all. Though you’d think, logically, the developer would provide a setting to change the orientation trigger. Or maybe we need to request a Vera feature to do so?

After two attempts to remove/add while in the horizontal position, I thought the same thing and tried to add it when it was vertical. Same result :frowning:

I think you might be misunderstanding what @Jamr is asking (pardon me if not).

He means physical installation of the device. There is a small, almost undetectable, arrow on the unit that indicates what direction is “up”. When you mount the device on the door, this must be up to work correctly.

it was not installed yet. I just added it… it seemed to ‘self correct’ after I removed/re-added for the 3rd time… making sure to have it vertical when adding. I just added my 2nd unit. Seems even after Vera configures fully I must do a ‘reload’ on the UI for it to start registering triggers.

As you can see in the video, I had it at various angles when I dadded it and it added fine. I am curious as to why you had problems.
I have learned to make sure you add devices to your controller at their installation location. Apparently when you add devices, they store repeater information.

Doe anyone know how to add the tilt sensor to ADT pulse system?

Paired instantly with no problems to Vera3. Just curios though, is there a way to change it so that it shows open/close and something other than the motion sensor man rather than the Armed/Bypassed motion sensor ?

It seems to report itself as a motion sensor and Vera displays it as such with the options to Arm or Bypass. The green man shows it’s ‘closed’ with the red man showing it ‘open’ The MIOS crew would have to update the code for this device to be recognized as a GD sensor and show it as such with eg an open garage door and a closed one.

I had several false positives using two of these. Anyone else see this?