Door sensor shows as motion sensor - v0.33

I’ve got one door sensor that is presented as a motion sensor in v0.33. It repros on my Evo and my Kindle Fire. I checked the config on the device and it is using the correct device_type and device_file. I have two of these devices, and one shows correctly while the other does not. Both configs are identical. Any idea why this might be happening?

Thanks.

Tom

Can you send me your user data and a screenshot of the device in Vera’s Web UI so I can take a look? Thanks!

Here’s a screen shot of the sensors in UI5.

Not sure which user data you need. An access account to my Vera or something different? Let me know.

Oddly, now both of them show as motion sensors in Homebuddy.

Thanks.

Tom

Look like MiOS changed the icons in the new firmware. I will update them in the next release.

Cool. Thanks for checking. Let me know if you need me to test anything.

I’ll take you up on your offer :slight_smile: I’m not sure if I got the icons right as there are 4 possible combinations:

armed/tripped
not armed/not tripped
armed/not tripped
not armed/tripped

Would you mind testing these scenarios with the latest snapshot? http://goo.gl/0B9CU

Thanks!

Sure thing. I downloaded and installed, but haven’t been able to finish testing. I’ll complete testing tomorrow and report back.

Have you gotten a chance to test?

Sorry, I got slammed with work. I will get this tested tomorrow.

OK, I finally got this tested. Sorry for the delay.

UI5 has the following icons:

armed/not tripped - green light/door closed/wall
bypass/not tripped - green light/door closed/wall
armed/tripped - green light/door open/ no wall
bypass/tripped - green light/door open/ no wall

Here are the results for the buddy build you provided:

bypass/not tripped - green light/door open/no wall
armed/tripped - red light/door open/ no wall
bypass/tripped - green light/door open/ no wall

While the buddy build does not have the correct icons for all options, I suspect that UI5 does not have the correct icons set either.

I’m not sure what the correct icon for each option is. Maybe this:

bypass/not tripped - green light/door closed/no wall
armed/tripped - red light/door open/wall
bypass/tripped - red light/door open/no wall

Thoughts?

Awesome, thanks for the feedback. I’ve contacted Mios about this and will report back when I hear from them.

I’ll have to review my code because based on your feedback, it seems that i made some errors, but I was actually thinking along the lines of what you suggested:
armed = wall
bypass = no wall
tripped = red light / door open
not tripped = green light / door closed

I will check this tonight after work.

Cool. Post another buddy build after you make updates and I’ll retest.

Thanks!

Tom

Please try the latest beta snapshot. I think I implemented it correctly the first time but I suspect that Vera sometimes passes an empty value instead of a zero to indicate not tripped/not armed. This build takes care of that.

Cool. Can you post a drop for the current build so I can load it on my Kindle as well?

Thanks!

Tom

It’s the same link: http://goo.gl/0B9CU

Oops. Sorry about that. Pulling it down now. I’ll try to get it tested tomorrow.

Looks like that drop is no longer working.

I apologize, I moved some stuff around which messed up my Dropbox… please try again now.

Also, I heard back from MiOS… according to one of their devs, Florin Cazan:

The Vera UI doesn't support icons representing more than one variable, so the door sensor icon changes based only on the Tripped variable. It doesn't change based on the Armed variable.

The new icons for the door sensor are the ones I attached: door closed, with wall and green light when untripped, door open with red light when tripped.

So now I’m torn… Vera can’t support icons based on 2 variables but Home Buddy can, so I’ll let the community decide – should I match the icon that Vera displays or take advantage of HB’s flexibility and render different icons based on both variables?

I prefer the additional information, so I’ve vote to have the additional variables supported on homebuddy and opening a DCR against UI5 to have it also support the additional variables.

I’ll pull the bits down and test today.

Rakstar,

I am doing what you are asking in my app. I have different images for the different states of the sensors. So the icons are different when tripped in arm and bypassed state and so on.

• Garrett

[quote=“rakstar, post:18, topic:172148”]I apologize, I moved some stuff around which messed up my Dropbox… please try again now.

Also, I heard back from MiOS… according to one of their devs, Florin Cazan:

The Vera UI doesn't support icons representing more than one variable, so the door sensor icon changes based only on the Tripped variable. It doesn't change based on the Armed variable.

The new icons for the door sensor are the ones I attached: door closed, with wall and green light when untripped, door open with red light when tripped.

So now I’m torn… Vera can’t support icons based on 2 variables but Home Buddy can, so I’ll let the community decide – should I match the icon that Vera displays or take advantage of HB’s flexibility and render different icons based on both variables?[/quote]