Door sensor shows as motion sensor - v0.33

Garrett, good to know… I’m leaning towards doing the same. I assume you haven’t received any negative feedback as this is probably a (slightly) better user experience than stock.

OK, got a chance to test this today.

The only change that needs to be made is for: bypass/not tripped - green light/door closed/no wall (It currently shows the door as open)

Once you’ve made the change let me know and I’ll test the build.

Thanks!

Tom

I have not received any negative feedback on the security sensor states.

• Garrett

Hi Garrett.

Feel free to consider my Homebuddy DCR as feedback if you like.

Wouldn’t you agree that a door sensor with a state of “bypassed but not tripped” generally means that the door is closed and the sensor is not armed? If that is the design for the status, from my perspective, it makes no sense to have the presented icon show an open door (since the door is in fact closed).

Just because no one says anything doesn’t mean it’s not a valid change request. This may just be a case of people not noticing or not caring (either of which is fine). I just figured if we’re going to bother fixing something, it make sense to fix it correctly. As with anything like this, you can take the DCR or rejected as “won’t fix”. It’s your call at the end of the day. I’m just providing the feedback.

Thanks.

Tom

Tom,

My comments are referring to how I show status of the sensors on my android app. When the sensor is in bypass and not tripped, it shows as the type of sensor and a blue shield. When tripped the shield turns red. If the sensor is armed the shield is green with a check mark. When tripped and armed, the shield is red and a check mark.

• Garrett

Gotcha. Yeah, the Homebuddy implementation is different. I hadn’t used your app, so I was unaware of how your implementation was done.