Door Lock Schlage FE599

Sorry to hear that you still having issues with the doorlock. Customer care representatives will contact you to get more details for the engineering team.

Any movement on this?

Hello @peterg88,
I sent you an email yesterday on this matter. Please check your inbox and reply at your earliest convenience.

@max
Ok,
When the lock was paired with my old Vera Edge I was able to:

1. remotely unlock/lock the lock through the app or desk top dashboard
  2. add user codes remotely and delete user codes added remotely, set parameters to the codes, such as only being valid for a specific date range.
  3. I was able to set and receive email alerts for when a specific user code was entered, low battery, wrong code entered, lock tamper. etc

@Max

Any luck with lock functionality?.
I have noticed on the mobile app, that when I click add device and choose locks, the Schlage lock does not appear on the list

Haven’t had luck on this in months, not only can’t I control it but when I try adding it “adds” multiple devices (locks) that I can’t delete, unpair or control.

Hello @serpico1 @peterg88
I took some time to get the needed logs from the controller. The first logs didn’t contain info that we can analyze. This week we are planning to go back to the investigation of this issue. I’ll keep you posted.

Hello @serpico1 @peterg88

We analyzed logs that we’d got from the controller. They’ve asked the following questions about steps you make to pair/unpair the doorlock.

What UI do you use to pair\unpair the device? Could you make screenshots of the app?

Steps to a correct pairing:

1. Unpair device from his root hub if it is contained in the current hub by the control Unpair. (Do not use control Delete, it remains the device busy by hub)

1.1 For android Door Lock > icon Basket > UNPAIR

1.2 For iOS could not find devices DoorLock

1. If the hub doesn’t contain the device Execute a factory reset of the device by the physical button Reset (use
    device’s manual )
    2. Pair (include) the device.

@Max
I have not had a chance to unpair/ re-pair my device. This is used in a vacation home, so I will not be on site to unpair/ re-pair the device until after february. Since this can not be done remotely, I will not know if the device is functioning until then.

However, to answer the question.
I use the Vera App on an android phone (Samsung Galaxy Note 8)
What firmware version should my controller be using?
Does the controller update firmware automatically or do I have to update the firmware through the app?

@serpico1 oh, you are right. That was the comment for @peterg88 He tried to add/delete doorlock to solve the problem.

We tested this doorlock with Linux firmware version 2.0.23.1817. This version has been pushed to all Linux-based controllers. Controller updates FW automatically. You can check your current FW version in Vera app.

@Max
Ok
I have FW 2.0.23.1817.1
application version 7.81.2.10
Controller 90000905

I have tried on Android and IOS neither allows me to unpair / delete

Hello @peterg88
Thank you for the info. I’ll talk to our devs and come back with feedback.
The main point they raised, is that they don’t see any pairing process in logs provided by our customer support from your hub. They can see attempts to delete the device. Therefore, they suggested doing a clean pairing.

OK I factory reset unit, put fresh batteries in and tried pairing again at 1:37 est Now I have a 4th door lock that I can’t delete or control.

We’ll try to get logs from your hub for this case. Then, we can analyze them to find the root cause of the issue.

Hi @peterg88

We’ve created a support ticket to follow up with this matter and have some newer logs generated for the department in charge to diagnose, we’ll be waiting for the reply.

1 Like

I have two Schlage FE599 locks.
The old Vera plus ran them thru Remotelock to further integrate to the property management software I use “Owner Reservations”
On the advice of Vera I bought a new Ezlo Plus but it does not work to bridge the lock with Remotelock. RemoteLock will not see the Ezlo Plus.
I am trying to send codes to guests from Owner Reservations to remotelock to Ezlo and then to the Schlage FE599 locks.
Any help is very much appreciated

@Max @melih
Well, I’m finally on site.
Cant seem to get the door lock unpaired to see if I can finally get it up and working

I also purchased an Aeotec range extender 7 in case the issue is distance from the hub. The door lock is about 18 feet from the hub, so I placed the extender in between the two. I was able to pair the extender with no problem. But as luck would have it, it too is having issues. The hub keeps dropping the device. One moment it appears in the mobile app, then it’s gone and appears to have reset itself as the extender goes into in pairing mode again

Hello @serpico1
Thank you for reporting us this issue. We’ll continue our investigation.We’ll get logs from your hub. Then, we’ll continue investigation on mobile app side. Which mobile app are you using? Android or iOS?

@Max
I use the android vera app