DLNA Plugin and Xbox One

Should this work with Xbox One? I just want to see the play/pause status of Netflix on my Xbox but it doesn’t seem to register with the DLNA plugin

Can you confirm that your Xbox one can be driven (as a renderer) with another dlna controller ? If you confirm that point, then we will investigate why it is not possible with my plugin.

What do you mean exactly by register ? When you start a discovery with the plugin, does the Xbox one appear ?

Hmm, I can’t confirm that but I will try to find a good resource. I’ve seen conflicting posts, which is partially the reason I’m posting here.

When I hit discover, nothing shows up. Not even XBMC which is currently registered (which is weird…)

I’m wondering where I can find this as an alternative:
‘you can enter the URL of your renderer XML description file’

Use the application “device spy” to verify if your Xbox one is discovered as a upnp device and to get this famous URL if it is.

Here is what shows up for my Xbox, I put the IP in DLNA plugin and it didn’t seem to connect

Good news, it looks like the Xbox one is a UPnP renderer.
Open the contextual menu on you should fin an entry like “Open the description file”. It will open an XML file in a new browser window. The URL in this window is to be used in the DLNA plugin.

Here’s the output. I tried putting ‘http://192.168.1.124:2869/upnphost’ in the plugin and it didn’t connect. It seems to connect to XBMC fine though.

I couldn’t find the description file but I think that’s the right URL?

Right click on “Xbox SystemOS” and select the first menu item named “Get Device XML”. It will open the XML description file in your WEB browser. Use the URL displayed in your WEB browser as input in the DLNA plugin.

It is still not working, please attach this XML file for investiguation and enable the debug logs in the plugin and provide the logs generated when you reload your Vera. There is probably an error message in the logs that will help me to understand what’s wrong.

Thanks! That worked and it connected - but it isn’t registering any sort of play/pause status. I’ve attached the XML - I’m not sure if it’ll be of any help.

Note: It does work for XBMC.

The file looks good.

Ok, by “registering”, you mean “notifying”.

Are you able to control your Xbox One using the plugin (buttons Play/Pause/Stop) ?

Have you installed the UPnP Event proxy plugin ?

Do you see errors in the logs ?

Yep, uPnP Event Proxy is installed.

I can’t control anything (or so it seems) and Xbox isn’t notifying the plugin of any play/pause status either.

The log here: http://192.168.1.71/cgi-bin/cmh/log.sh?Device=LuaUPnP looks okay, is that the right place?

Please enable the debug logs using the plugin UI and then if you are not familiar with SSH and Shell commands, use the Info Viewer plugin to get the logs. I alread explained that to someone in the Sonos section: http://forum.micasaverde.com/index.php/topic,12678.msg184066.html#msg184066
In your case, use DLNA rather than Sonos as filtering string.
Display the filtered logs using Info Viewer plugin and then reload the Vera. Provide the resulting logs for study.

I can SSH for a file if its easier. I got the LuaUPnP.log after enabling debugging in DLNA plugin. Its gibberish in notepad though…is there a program to open it in?

If not I can try to get the other Info Viewer plugin.

Open it in wordpad for example.

You van reduce its size keeping only lines that interest me using such a command:
cat thefile.log | grep DLNA > /tmp/thefinallog.log

[quote=“lolodomo, post:15, topic:182223”]You van reduce its size keeping only lines that interest me using such a command:
cat thefile.log | grep DLNA > /tmp/thefinallog.log[/quote]

Thanks! Here it is. (I just changed the extension from .log to .lua so it would upload)

I took a look at your logs and I see that error: DLNA: debug: upnp.setup failed: going offline

Checking my code, this error can only occurs when you enter a bad URL ! Avoid leading blank in the URL, I am not sure if it is accepted.
Please put again your URL in a WEB browser and check that it delivers the XML file you joined before.

[quote=“lolodomo, post:17, topic:182223”]I took a look at your logs and I see that error: DLNA: debug: upnp.setup failed: going offline

Checking my code, this error can only occurs when you enter a bad URL ! Avoid leading blank in the URL, I am not sure if it is accepted.
Please put again your URL in a WEB browser and check that it delivers the XML file you joined before.[/quote]

Thanks for the help! The URL seems OK, and it pulls up the XML fine - I copied it out of the Advanced > DescriptionURL field

Are you running UI5 ?

Remember that the plugin UI is not compatible with UI6 and UI7 as mentioned in bold in the forum.

Yep, UI5