Devices in Room Not Displaying

This started with the last one or two updates. Don’t know which. There’s a Javascript error when displaying devices in a particular room. All other rooms seem to display ok.

The javascript error appears to be

TypeError: _devicetypesDB[elems[0]][device.device_type][json] is undefined J_ALTUI_multibox.js:106:2

I can display devices in a different room first, and the devices all look and work ok. This is the console output after clicking the room with the problem. And the image I attached shows what it looks like. It may just be coincidence that ALTUI is in this room. I have a second Vera3 with altui in a room and it works fine.

2015-09-29T19:56:53.907Z: ALTUI v0.82:Icon for device altuiid:0-178  device.type:urn:schemas-upnp-org:device:altui:1 J_ALTUI_utils.js:311:4
2015-09-29T19:56:53.907Z: ALTUI v0.82:Icon for device id:0-178  string from json:http://code.mios.com/trac/mios_alternate_ui/export/12/iconALTUI.png J_ALTUI_utils.js:311:4
2015-09-29T19:56:53.907Z: ALTUI v0.82:Icon for device id:0-178  string after correction:http://code.mios.com/trac/mios_alternate_ui/export/12/iconALTUI.png J_ALTUI_utils.js:311:4
2015-09-29T19:56:53.907Z: ALTUI v0.82:Icon for device id:0-178  IconPath:http://code.mios.com/trac/mios_alternate_ui/export/12/iconALTUI.png J_ALTUI_utils.js:311:4
TypeError: _devicetypesDB[elems[0]][device.device_type][json] is undefined J_ALTUI_multibox.js:106:2

Any ideas?

Thanks!! --David

try 84.759, I think I have seen and fixed that one

84.759 downloaded and installed. But no change. The room still isn’t displaying properly

Same here

Same here[/quote]
Can you share latest JavaScript console output ?

Same here[/quote]
Can you share latest JavaScript console output ?[/quote]

I have created a beta version 761 which may work and also with a little bit more debug so I can understand what happens. please do this
a- in UI5 UI7 , go to Apps/Develop and upload these 2 files
b- in UI5 UI7 , go to ALTUI device and set it in DEBUG mode ON
c- open ALTUI window
d- open console log ( Ctrl+Shift+J on chrome ) and clear it
e- in ALTUI go to device page
f- capture the whole output of console log and please send it back to me
g- in UI5 UI7 , go to ALTUI device and set it in DEBUG mode OFF

thx a lot

Same here[/quote]

I have created a beta version 761 which may work and also with a little bit more debug so I can understand what happens. please do this
c- open ALTUI window

thx a lot[/quote]

I tried the new version (761) and it worked again.

I have Attached the console log, if you still need it.:

Same here[/quote]

c- open ALTUI window

thx a lot[/quote]

I tried the new version (761) and it worked again.

I have Attached the console log, if you still need it.:[/quote]
thank you, the problem is around device 208, arduino relay. device type = urn:schemas-arduino-cc:device:arduinorelay:1

could you please give me the D_ArduinoRelay1.xml S_ArduinoNode.xml and Dxx.json files for this device ? is there a JSON file ?

Also could you go into MISC/DEBUG / Javascript code and type:

$.grep(MultiBox.getDevicesSync(),function(d) {return d.id=="208"})

thank you

EDIT: I had to deploy a couple of releases to fix another side effect on UI5. 765 should be the right version now

thank you, the problem is around device 208, arduino relay. device type = urn:schemas-arduino-cc:device:arduinorelay:1

could you please give me the D_ArduinoRelay1.xml S_ArduinoNode.xml and Dxx.json files for this device ? is there a JSON file ?

Also could you go into MISC/DEBUG / Javascript code and type:

thank you

EDIT: I had to deploy a couple of releases to fix another side effect on UI5. 765 should be the right version now

I have attached a zip with the xml and json files.

Here is the code output for

[ { "id": "208", "device_type": "urn:schemas-arduino-cc:device:arduinorelay:1", "id_parent": 134, "embedded": 0, "disabled": 0, "device_file": "D_ArduinoRelay1.xml", "impl_file": "", "manufacturer": "", "model": "", "altid": "4;255", "ip": "", "mac": "", "time_created": "1412860475", "states": [ { "service": "urn:upnp-arduino-cc:serviceId:arduinonode1", "variable": "ArduinoLibVersion", "value": "1.4", "id": 0 }, { "service": "urn:micasaverde-com:serviceId:HaDevice1", "variable": "LastUpdate", "value": "1443116119", "id": 1 }, { "service": "urn:micasaverde-com:serviceId:HaDevice1", "variable": "LastUpdateHR", "value": "19:35", "id": 2 }, { "service": "urn:upnp-arduino-cc:serviceId:arduinonode1", "variable": "RelayNode", "value": "0", "id": 3 }, { "service": "urn:upnp-arduino-cc:serviceId:arduinonode1", "variable": "RelayNodeHR", "value": "GW", "id": 4 }, { "service": "urn:upnp-arduino-cc:serviceId:arduinonode1", "variable": "SketchName", "value": "Relay", "id": 5 }, { "service": "urn:upnp-arduino-cc:serviceId:arduinonode1", "variable": "SketchVersion", "value": "1.0", "id": 6 } ], "ControlURLs": { "service_70": { "service": "urn:upnp-arduino-cc:serviceId:arduinonode1", "ControlURL": "/upnp/control/dev_70", "EventURL": "/upnp/event/dev_70", "serviceType": "urn:schemas-arduino-cc:service:arduinonode:1" } }, "name": "Arduino Relay Node - K?kken", "room": "3", "device_json": "D_ArduinoRelay1.json", "local_udn": "uuid:4d494342-5342-5645-00d0-000001cb690e", "altuiid": "0-208", "favorite": false, "dirty": true } ]

And attached is the

ok. I cannot see anything wrong here. strange. are you on a UI5 vera ?
anyhow latest version v0.84.765 should work fine , let me know if not.
thx for the help !

[quote=“amg0, post:10, topic:189018”]ok. I cannot see anything wrong here. strange. are you on a UI5 vera ?
thx for the help ![/quote]

Its all working as it should, maybe I’m not explaining myself right.

[quote=“dalhoj, post:11, topic:189018”][quote=“amg0, post:10, topic:189018”]ok. I cannot see anything wrong here. strange. are you on a UI5 vera ?
thx for the help ![/quote]

Its all working as it should, maybe I’m not explaining myself right.[/quote]

no you did explaining yourself perfectly, and I understood also it worked fine since the previous version. but since the “fix” I made was not really fixing a root cause , but just the symptom, I was trying to dig deeper in the root cause. that s all.

I could not find it , so for now we will stay with what we have. thanks again

I have some device names failing to display in the Devices view when opened in Safari (8.0.8) but they display correctly in Chrome (45.0.245.101).

humm … feels like a browser issue. safari on mac ? or ios ? do you use a custom theme ? have you tried to resize the window to increase the width of devices boxes ?

On a Mac (Yosemite). No custom theme. Cannot see any pattern to it but it is always the same devices that do not display.

I have also tried Altui on my iPad. Safari (iOS 8.4.1) gives the message “Waiting Initial Data” but Chrome works normally here also.

All OK on my android phone.

I would like to say that I have just started playing with this UI and it is already clear that it is a major improvement on UI7 so well done for that. I intend to build some custom screens in order to provide a user friendly interface for HVAC control so that my wife can at last operate the system herself.

Such a facility is not before time so keep up the good work.

Sorry -should have mentioned that resizing the screen makes no difference. Also noticed that opening a device with the name missing displays the name normally.

could you post a screen shot showing the issue ? I am not totally clear.
I use iPad daily, do you have issue with ipad ?
Also when you ‘say’ opening device, what action do you really mean in ALTUI ?
thx

Sorry I didn’t have a chance earlier today to try the ‘beta’ files you offered. But the latest release just downloaded and installed and the problem devices are displaying properly now. And fwiw I don’t have the arduino switch device. I do have some other custom stuff though.

Do you still need the debug log? If so I am attaching it.

Thanks!!

Here is a screen shot showing the missing device names as requested. This occurs when using Safari on the Mac. However, the problem appears to have corrected itself this evening. No idea why. I have included a screen shot of what it looks like now for comparison.

It may be due to my upgrading Safari to 9.0 earlier this evening or could it be something you have done? Either way I can no longer repeat the problem.

With regard to the iPod, I get the message “Waiting Initial Data” when accessing via Safari but it works fine with Chrome…

I hope I have made myself clear now and thanks for your support.

[quote=“terencec, post:19, topic:189018”]Here is a screen shot showing the missing device names as requested. This occurs when using Safari on the Mac. However, the problem appears to have corrected itself this evening. No idea why. I have included a screen shot of what it looks like now for comparison.

It may be due to my upgrading Safari to 9.0 earlier this evening or could it be something you have done? Either way I can no longer repeat the problem.

With regard to the iPod, I get the message “Waiting Initial Data” when accessing via Safari but it works fine with Chrome…

I hope I have made myself clear now and thanks for your support.[/quote]

thanks for the screen shot, I think this explains a bit the problem
if you notice the screen where device names are missing is a 4 column grid while the other one is a 3 column grid. what controls this choice between 3 and 4 columns is bootstrap breakpoint for screen of size medium or large which is by default at 1200px.

if your browser thinks its viewport size is >=1200px it will select a 4 column grid.

So in your case, what fixed it seems to be a change of viewport size reported to the browser and the only think I can think of is a combination of change of zooming factor and how safari works with text overflow css rules when a text overflows its container box.

more discussion on bootstrap breakpoint and how to customize it ( not easy ) here
http://forum.micasaverde.com/index.php/topic,34057.msg250360.html#msg250360