Devices in Room Not Displaying

Regarding the iPod ( iPod or iPad ? ) problem, this symptom is when the page is not fully downloaded and cannot start. meaning you miss either one script which is blocked downloading, or no response from the box

so check either:
a) the exact url you use to open the page
b) the proper connectivity and reachability of the vera box
c) the proper connectivity and reachability to the internet
d) are you using a non vera backend like openluup/rasperry project of akbooer ? if so, what exactly is the device/config you use ?

Thanks for your comprehensive reply.

Yes it is a window sizing issue and the problem is the same in both Safari and Chrome. The breakpoint is between 17 and 18 characters. I note that UI7 limits the device name to 20 characters. I don’t know if it would be possible to make the AltUi consistent with this?

I have, in any case, a number of devices with names longer that 20 characters as they were transferred when I moved over to my Edge from UI5 where the limit was higher.

I’ll rename my devices as and when I get some time.

Will get back on the iPad issue (it is iPad not iPod - sorry for the typo)

The URL I am using on the iPad is

http://10.0.1.17/port_3480/data_request?id=lr_ALTUI_Handler&command=home#

This works works with Chrome on the iPad but not Safari
As far as I can see I have the correct connectivity to bot the Vera and the Internet since AltUi is operating with no problem via Chrome.
Backend is standard Vera Edge.

Hope this helps

Rgds

Not sure then. Open it it chrome where it works, and save the page locally (html) and send it to me via private email, I’ll look

Not sure I know how to do that on an iPad but here’s a bit more information that may help.

Having attempted to open AltUi with Safari and then getting the message “Waiting Initial Data” I shared the URL and added it to the home screen. I then opened it from the home screen and got the AltUi home page no problem. I then opened the other pages and they all performed correctly.

I am assuming that the iPad is using Safari to open the page from the home screen although there is nothing on screen to confirm this.

I therefore have a work around but thought this information might be useful.

With thanks

[quote=“terencec, post:25, topic:189018”]Not sure I know how to do that on an iPad but here’s a bit more information that may help.

Having attempted to open AltUi with Safari and then getting the message “Waiting Initial Data” I shared the URL and added it to the home screen. I then opened it from the home screen and got the AltUi home page no problem. I then opened the other pages and they all performed correctly.

I am assuming that the iPad is using Safari to open the page from the home screen although there is nothing on screen to confirm this.

I therefore have a work around but thought this information might be useful.

With thanks[/quote]

Even stranger now as it should really behave the same. I use both modes ( home screen or standard safari page daily ), but I am glad you have a workaround.

As you say I’m good so I will now be getting on with some development of a user friendly panel to control my HVAC system.

One more bit of information that might assist your development. I now have both UI7 and AltUi opening from the iPad’s home screen. When I select UI7 I get all the Safari stuff at the top of the screen (just as though I had opened it directly from within Safari). When I open AltUi all the Safari stuff is missing. The only difference in setting up the icon on the home screen is the URL used otherwise the process was identical in either case.

If you come up with a fix anytime let me know and I’ll test it for you.

Also I am on the newest (just released) version of iOS (9.0.2).

Rgds

[quote=“terencec, post:27, topic:189018”]As you say I’m good so I will now be getting on with some development of a user friendly panel to control my HVAC system.

One more bit of information that might assist your development. I now have both UI7 and AltUi opening from the iPad’s home screen. When I select UI7 I get all the Safari stuff at the top of the screen (just as though I had opened it directly from within Safari). When I open AltUi all the Safari stuff is missing. The only difference in setting up the icon on the home screen is the URL used otherwise the process was identical in either case.

If you come up with a fix anytime let me know and I’ll test it for you.

Also I am on the newest (just released) version of iOS (9.0.2).

Rgds[/quote]
ok.
that is by design when opening from the home screen. one user reported the trick to include a on the page to make it appear almost as if it was a native IOS apps. so I did.
I am also on 9.0.2