Device Handler Request - GE\Jasco Fan Switch 14287

Dome door sensor or sensor pro?

According to the manuals I just found (for both)

For the pro
Inclusion is only press the button 3 times (not 10)
Wake up is every 2 hours
Manual wakeup is by removing and replacing the cover.

For the door
Inclusion is press the button 3 times
Wake interval is 12 hours.
Manual wakeup is press and hold the button for 2 seconds

Want to confirm you model number?

C

Mine is not the pro. Its the regular one.

Device has always been able to pair with the Vera. Problem comes after pairing is complete.

Iā€™ve tried factory resetting the device, and then re-pairing it with the Hub.

The Device always pairs with the hub without an issue. The Vera detects the new device and adds it (It sees it as a generic device).

The problem is that after pairing the device just stays in ā€˜Waiting for wakeup to configure deviceā€™, OR 'Please Wait! Getting the Manufacturerā€™.

The device can be manually woken up by pressing the button on the device for 2 seconds. When this is done, the LED on the device flashes, but still no change on the Vera itself. Itā€™s like the Vera doesnā€™t see it after it is paired.

:frowning:

What a PITA

C

SOLVED!!!

Ok, I did a factory reset of the Z-WAVE radio in VERA. This worked!!!

When I went to pair my door sensor, it actually appeared as a door sensor and is working properly!!!

Going to try now with the Fan Switch!!

Itā€™s a FESTIVUS Miracle!!!

1 Like

Fan switches now work as well! The answer was a factory reset on the ZWave Radio!

Happy Christmas! :smiley:
C

Very good that was going to be my next suggestion. Merry early Christmas! :slight_smile:

Not to dig up a corpse or anything, but I think Iā€™m missing something here and this appears to be the most recent thread on this deviceā€¦ is the GE Jasco 14287 Fan Switch actually properly supported? I can get add mine as a node but it just shows up as a regular in wall light dimmer. Running the latest VeraPlus firmware.