Device Handler Request - GE\Jasco Fan Switch 14287

I think these are what you should have:
D_DoorSensor1.json (device json)
D_DoorSensor1.xml (device file)
if you are using it for a door contact

Brilliant. Thank you. I think that fixed the door sensor!! I just stepped out but I made the changes from my phone and will test later this evening when I get home.

Thanks so much for your help!!

Hmmm, with the door sensor, I still get a message ā€œwaiting for wake-up to configure deviceā€. So itā€™s been at least 6 hours since I made the changes to the JSON and XML files.

Is there a manual wake up? Depending on the device it might never wake up (I have some key fobs like that) or might be an extended period (once per day)

Go to your sensor, then settings. The wake up interval should be there.

C

Yes I believe there is a manual wakeup. Also, Iā€™ve read that you can pas a magnet over it and that should also wake it up. None of these seem to work. Although the device is detected and paired when I click on ā€˜Pollā€™ in Actions, I get a message ā€˜Timed out, waiting for Node to Replyā€™, then I get, ā€˜Waiting for Wakeup to configure Deviceā€™, and then finally ā€˜ERROR: Unable to get any information on nodeā€™

I have the device right on top of the Vera.

Just to keep everyone updated (also I think this portion should probably be moved to another thread), I tried removing and re-adding the device, but this time, I tried waking up the device immediately after pairing by pressing the button on the device.

Now I get a message saying ā€˜Please Wait! Getting the manufacturerā€™. As far as I can tell, Iā€™ve never seen this message before so this maybe a positive development. dome

I also renamed the XML and JSON as per @sky320instructions. Iā€™ll let this sit for a while and see if it works.

Try the following:

1. Log into http://home.vera.com
  2. Connect to your controller from the portal
  3. Reload the LUUP engine
  4. Pair Generic Z-Wave device
  5. Allow pairing to complete
  6. Hard refresh broswer
  7. If device doesnā€™t show, reload LUUP engine & hard refresh your browser.

You shouldnā€™t need to do any of the above except steps 4&5 but I have personally found that clearing the Veraā€™s ā€œcurrent stateā€ improves my ability to pair stubborn devices. I donā€™t recall the GE Smart Fan switch as being one of the stubborn ones and I have three paired with my V+

Hello @blacey, the device (GE Fan Switch) does show up, it just shows up incorrectly and then does not work. It throws back multiple errors.

Iā€™ll try the steps though and see if that works.

Thanks.

Did you check the wake up periodā€¦?

Patience may have been you friend.

C

Wake-up period is set to the default. Iā€™m out now so it will have a chance to sit for a few hours. Iā€™ll try some more when I get back in. It is a little disturbing that the only 2 Zwave devices Iā€™ve tried pairing are having issues.

They both came from my Wink and Iā€™ve factory reset (or at least I think I did) both of them.

Do you know what the default for those devices is?

C

I see that 1800 is what is set, but I thought it was Vera that set the default and not the device. Even so, 1800/60 is 30min, so it should have woken up multiple times by now.

It should indeed. :frowning:
But is that whatā€™s set or what itā€™s trying to set. What does the manual / documentation say?

C

In addition to what everyone else has added, have you installed a new battery. I have had devices that I had to install a new battery for it to report on a manual wake up command. Being that there is only two devices have you considered a factory reset of the Vera?

1 Like

Thatā€™s a good shout. I had awful issues including stuff without brand new batteries.

C

Hello @sky320, I bought new batteries, but I think I may try with a new set just to make sure (Iā€™ve been at this for a while now so I donā€™t think the batteries are BRAND new anymore)

As far as the factory reset on the Vera, I do have about 30 other devices (Zigbee, Lutron) that I do not want to wipe. Iā€™m going to try at this for a little while longer but this will be the 2nd time Iā€™ve had to start from scratch on my Vera (the first time was Zigbee issues). I donā€™t think I have it in me for yet another factory reset so if this doesnā€™t pan out, I think Iā€™ll be moving on from Vera.

Documentation?? HAHAHAH. I wish!! These things come with the most basic of documentation. They show you how to change the battery. lol

Ah
Sorry :wink:

C

Nah man, itā€™s no ones fault.

When I clock on the door sensor button rapidly 10 times, I can get it to the ā€˜Please Wait! Getting the Manufacturerā€™, but then it just hangs there.

This would suggest that there is some sort of communication between the device and the Vera, but thatā€™s as far as I get.

OK, found some documentation from their website. Dome Documentation

It says that I need a 3.6v CR2. I will note that m,y CR2 Batteries are 3.0V. I didnā€™t think they even came 3.6. I wonder if this is the whole issue.