Development on hold

Its a shame its gone. IMHO its the best mobile app out there. I’ll continue using until it breaks. I’ll stay with UI5 as long as I have to just to keep this app. To echo what others are saying, i’d pay for the app if that what it takes to keep the development going.

Thanks for such a great app and all your hard work.

That latest available beta works on both UI5 and UI7. I use it daily and it has a Ui5 and a UI7 Vera it can access. That latest beta, as posted in here is not UI7 only. It just adds support for Ui7 to the existing support for UI5.

Just to echo what BOFH said the latest version posted online here works with UI7 and UI5

I have installed UI7 now this doesnt work for me. I see people are saying it works for them. Are there any setting I need to change?

I have managed to get it working with UI7 on my LAN but it doesnt work over mobile data. I have checker password and user name and all is fine. I have checked auto detect. I have also tried selecting remote mode, but still no good. I get a no network error,

What should the server settings be in the edit vera settings.

I have

vera-us-oem41,mios.com
vera-us-oem11,mios.com

Anyone have any thoughts how to correct this one. Many thanks.

[quote=“col8eral, post:45, topic:185707”]I have managed to get it working with UI7 on my LAN but it doesnt work over mobile data. I have checker password and user name and all is fine. I have checked auto detect. I have also tried selecting remote mode, but still no good. I get a no network error,

What should the server settings be in the edit vera settings.

I have

vera-us-oem41,mios.com
vera-us-oem11,mios.com

Anyone have any thoughts how to correct this one. Many thanks.[/quote]

Those commas above should be dots, so it should be written as:

vera-us-oem41.mios.com
vera-us-oem11.mios.com

Remember to check off MMS (UI6) as well. Good luck!

Thank you. Got it working. Ticking the UI6 seemed to be the key. everything seems to work fine. The only think I found not to work is the remembering the dimmer percentage for lights. Other than that great!

Actually, I stand corrected. I got the app remembering dimmer settings too.

Tis is a great app and despite no development for ages its still going strong!

[quote=“garrettwp, post:21, topic:185707”]Right now I do not have plans to release the source code. Maybe in the future, but not at the moment.

• Garrett[/quote]

I was wondering if you changed your mind yet? This would make a really nice github repo!

[quote=“sle118, post:49, topic:185707”][quote=“garrettwp, post:21, topic:185707”]Right now I do not have plans to release the source code. Maybe in the future, but not at the moment.

• Garrett[/quote]

I was wondering if you changed your mind yet? This would make a really nice github repo![/quote]

You could try sending him a message in case he doesn’t get notifications or looking for an email, as he hasn’t been active here since April.

+1 to :slight_smile:

Im still using this app. Seems to still be working well after all this tiime. Im using UI7. I hope it lasts a lot longer as I preer this over all other apps that are available.

The website (http://www.authomation.net) is still up even though the registration expired in 2014. No contact info, however some DIGging unearthed garrett.power@gmail.com as a possibility.

Would be nice if Garrett open source’d the code… his pp is still WAY better than Imperihome.

I still use this app it’s way better than anything else on the market and that’s even though it’s not been developed for ages just goes to show how good it was originally

I am about to have to abandon using this app even though I love it. I keep getting “failed to connect” error messages from it about 1/3 of the time now. I have a bunch of stuff that is linked up as quick command icons on my phone and I have tasker actions going through it…but they keep failing now.

I agree. I also have Imperihome installed, it is just more clunky. Imperihome now requires a cloud account and has other undesirable traits.

As of the past few weeks, I am getting the same error from the Internet. Local WiFi is fine, but Internet-based connection is now completely dead. As I wrote above, I had Imperihome as a backup, but it is quickly becoming a bad option. I was looking at the AutHomation’s options, I wonder if they changed the relay(xx).mios.com servers? Because it still works locally, I assume that it is just a server name issue?

If anyone knows the current relay(xx).mios.com server names, please do let us know. Thanks!

I am using
vera-us-oem-relay31.mios.com
vera-us-oem-relay12.mios.com

And things are working for me. I think i ran into the same problem you did.

I too cannot seem to find an app as good as authomation.

Sent from my Nexus 5X using Tapatalk

[quote=“tedp, post:57, topic:185707”]I am using

Sent from my Nexus 5X using Tapatalk[/quote]

Thank you for your reply! [applauded] Under the Manage Vera/Edit settings, there are three entries for servers. Previously it was 41, 41, 11. I changed it to 31, 31, 12, but it still does not work. What is your port number? Mine is 3480.

There used to be a way to look up the MIOS server currently associated with your Vera. I tried to log into MIOS, but no joy. Does anyone know how to do that?

I assume my relays are different than yours.

[quote=“snovvman”][quote=“tedp, post:57, topic:185707”]I am using

Sent from my Nexus 5X using Tapatalk[/quote]

Thank you for your reply! [applauded] Under the Manage Vera/Edit settings, there are three entries for servers. Previously it was 41, 41, 11. I changed it to 31, 31, 12, but it still does not work. What is your port number? Mine is 3480.

There used to be a way to look up the MIOS server currently associated with your Vera. I tried to log into MIOS, but no joy. Does anyone know how to do that?

I assume my relays are different than yours.[/quote]The port # looks right. Why don’t you login through getvera.com (ensure a remote connection) and see what shows up in your browser’s URL bar. That should be the relay server.

Sent from my Nexus 5X using Tapatalk

Applaud again! Thanks for that tip. My relay is 51 and now AutHomation works again! Do you know how to determine the secondary server (the second relay)?