D-Link IP Camera Setup Issue

Working on setting up a D-Link DCS-920 and having some issues. I’ve got it set up with user name and password, static ip, and connecting wirelessly.

I have no issues viewing the camera through D-Link software/access, but when I try and set it up through vera2, I’m running into issues.

I think I’ve got it set up correctly (although I haven’t been able to find set by step directions anywhere online).

It keeps hanging on “Trying to get image from camera”

Here’s the latest url I’m using “http://cgi-bin/video.jpg” I’ve tried multiple.

I’ve also included a screen shot of the settings tab. If anyone knows of a some good step by step instructions, let me know. That appears to be a shortcoming of the vera2. Thanks in advance for your help!

My experience with the DCS-920 is documented here in the table “Cameras that work”.

Probably your URL is wrong. See if you can get still images with the URL: /image/jpeg.cgi

I don’t think you’ll get video with this camera, only periodic still images.

Yes, that url did the trick. Now I’m getting still images.

Anyone now if you can view video with this camera??

Streaming video is only currently available on some Panasonic cameras.

Can someone please tell me how to set up a DCS-920… I am trying everything, but I don’t get an image.

On all my local software the camera is working fine.

Thanks,

Dana

Anyone have any luck on the Airlink 101 IP Camera AIC600W. I can hit from a web page but I can’t find anywhere in the documentation the internal URL. They want you to use an application to view the camera. It does work with safari but when I use the x.x.x.x:8082/index.asp (arbitrary port I selected) in Vera I get no image. It works with my port forwarding so it no big deal, just would be nice…

Try using ‘image.jpg’. See if that works and let us know.

Thanks!

Dana, the more information you supply about what you’ve tried, the more we can help. “Trying everything” is not very specific. Have you tried the link in my reply earlier in this thread? Tell us what your settings are on the “Advanced” tab of the camera device in the Vera UI. I know these cameras work; I have three of them.

[quote=“Daniel MCV, post:7, topic:167509”]Try using ‘image.jpg’. See if that works and let us know.

Thanks![/quote]

No it does not… I did go through the list of URL’s in the wiki and couldn’t get any of them to work. I have also searched on the Airlink website and they do not mention anything.

Getting this for motion:
/mjpg/video.mjpg

@oTi

Where do you see that? I tried looking at source but didn’t see that… That URL doesn’t seem to work in Vera though… Because it is motion jpeg?

Snapshots seem to be at jpg/image.jpg (That was a guess, based on the path for motion. For the motion, right click, copy image location, paste in new tab; or use Firebug, etc.).

Currently looking at / streaming your camera in Vera.

Airlink 101 IP Camera AIC600W

DirectStreamingURL: /mjpg/video.mjpg
URL: /jpg/image.jpg

Note: maybe someone can move this hijack into a separate thread. ::slight_smile:

@oTi

What am I doing wrong? I have the generic plug-in installed and configured as shown

Is the camera really on port 8082? It may just be on 80 (which you don’t have to specify).

It really is on port 8082. My url I gave you maps that to the right port. I am using DynDNS. If you hit port 80 you will get my DSL router. What is the format for the URL field? I just put in /jpg/image.jpg

Sure. That’s external. So I’m definitely connecting to 8082 at your external IP. But it sounds like you changed the port in the camera as well?

Yes in camera settings.

[quote=“aschwalb, post:9, topic:167509”][quote=“Daniel MCV, post:7, topic:167509”]Try using ‘image.jpg’. See if that works and let us know.

Thanks![/quote]

No it does not… I did go through the list of URL’s in the wiki and couldn’t get any of them to work. I have also searched on the Airlink website and they do not mention anything. You can see my camera if you want (looking outside, not much fun)[/quote]

Nice weather there Aschwalb! Just a security warning… not only can one see your cam, also the log is available

The log immediatly shows that several streams are available and accesible (before NTP kicks in and solves your antique CAM ;-)), question is what the links should be. I saw video at index.asp (yes youre on port xxxx)

Hope you dont mind me butting in like this…just trying to help a bit.

@oTi@ anything i can do to help?

@oTi@ & @aschwalb

I’ve tried these direct links:

http://xxxsystems.com:xxxx//mjpg/video.mjpg
http://xxxsystems.com:xxxx//jpg/image.jpg

Both work.

Looking at the log your internal address would be:
192.168.1.xxx (internally im sure its on port 80, so i agree with @oTi@ not to specify it)

The correct format in your generic plugin would then be:

IP 192.168.1.xxx URL jpg/image.jpg Dont specify the MAC username/password as stated Timeout 5

You could try and play with the timeout with values between 2 and 10

Hope this helps…
On the bright side? Your cam works fine and the weather is fine there!

@oTi and @Henk

Thanks guys got it working. I had to delete the device, installed the Panasonic PTZ thinggy created a new device and entered the data and it worked… Not sure why this didn’t work with the Generic device though…

Thanks for everything. If you guys are up north and want to see sunny florida I can keep the log in active :slight_smile: