cp.mios.com can't detect my Vera2 (1.1.1047)

I wonder if I’m having a similar problem. I just bought a used Vera 1. I upgraded the firmware from 1.0.979 to the latest beta, 1.1.1245. I’m getting 2 major errors, and some smaller ones probably related to these two: it says “Z-wave Failed To Start” on the dashboard, and when I click “Enable remote access” on MyMios, it says “I didn’t detect a unit on your home network.”

If I try to enable tech support full access it says it’s successful, but still shows that it’s disabled. Is it possible I’m incorrectly provisioned or not provisioned at all? Please help.

-Tom

[quote=“xlurkr, post:41, topic:166609”]I just bought a used Vera 1. I upgraded the firmware from 1.0.979 to the latest beta, 1.1.1245. I’m getting 2 major errors, and some smaller ones probably related to these two: it says “Z-wave Failed To Start” on the dashboard, and when I click “Enable remote access” on MyMios, it says “I didn’t detect a unit on your home network.”
If I try to enable tech support full access it says it’s successful, but still shows that it’s disabled. Is it possible I’m incorrectly provisioned or not provisioned at all? Please help.[/quote]

A few questions.

1. Do you have a Z-wave USB dongle attached?
  2. Did you connect to Mios for the upgrade or plug in the download link?
  3. Does the box have “Vera” stuck on the top & front or does it say “Asus”?
  4. Is there a sticker on the bottom with a Vera #?

JOD.

Yes. 2.78

2. Did you connect to Mios for the upgrade or plug in the download link?

I don’t remember, but I think the former. I think I went to the firmware tab on the old version and it told me a newer version was available and I clicked on the link.

3. Does the box have "Vera" stuck on the top & front or does it say "Asus"?

Vera top and front.

4. Is there a sticker on the bottom with a Vera #?

Yes.

-Tom

Just downgraded to 1.0.996, and it’s working fine. How will I know when it’s OK to upgrade to UI4?

-Tom

Update: MCV support bailed me out. They suggested I flash with 1.1.1062, and that worked. Then I upgraded to 1.1.1245, and that’s working great, too. Maybe you can’t go straight from 1.0.996 to 1.1.1245 on a Vera 1?

-Tom

This sounds like its a know problem to MCV. Might be usefull to add that to the How To steps on upgrading Vera 1.
If so, a little more info from MCV would be usefull…

This source should then be updated:
http://wiki.micasaverde.com/index.php/Firmware_Flash_Vera_1

As for the locale issue mentioned in this thread, please refer to:
http://forum.mios.com/index.php?topic=6652.0

(note to self, add this to the troubleshooting section on the wiki)

I had the same issues trying to find the vera device on my network,
I was able to link to it without it detecting though,
instead of my MIOS user name and password I just used my vera unit name and pass to link the app I was using and it linked no problem.
the same name and pass I use to log into my vera direct LAN IP portal when you make changes to your “users & account info” tab it requires a login and pass to your vera account. (my MIOS name and pass is actually different)
not sure if it will work for anyone but just stating what worked for me. hope it helps someone.
now I can connect from any worldwide internet connection or on my smartphone cell service with wifi off.

using vera edge UI7
ISP: Comcast