cp.mios.com can't detect my Vera2 (1.1.1047)

I sent an email to the admin I hope they will hel you.
I wonder if in Sweden there is somethng about your ISP and blocking Vera.
Do you have a friend with a different ISP ( internet company)
Do you have the time to check vera out using there internet?

I know that if you are not on the same IP as Vera you will have this problem.

Are you connecting via a VPN or anything?

Thank you zmistro, I really appreciate your effort to help me. I hardly think my ISP is blockning any ports or services, but ca’t tell for sure.

I wonder if I should flash it with a different firmware, is there any beta out to test or a previous? Or is it a bad idea?

And I am backing once again Mhjens sicne I think we have the exact same problem: very only accessible by direct IP since update to UI4.
(Cable operator in Belgium, all was working perfectly before the update. Tested on PC with IE and Safari, on a Mac with Safari and Firefox).
Vera is not detected by mios.com, the update link that was used originally(…vera2), neither from iVera, nor from SQremote, and also impossible to register my mios.com login directly in the Vera interface (doesn’t do anything).

I would start with unplugging everything forst. Router, modem , vera etc. The plug in your devices. If you dont see them yet. Do it again! I had to do this a few times and now im up and running!!

I bet it’s a ISP issue as they are outside the US.

MCV received my email said they’ll work on it.
Hopefully they will contact you soon

Thanks zmistro! I will try the Vera with another ISP as well so that we can rule that out, hopefully this week.

Another voice from Europe:
My Vera2@1.0.996 (as delivered by MCV) is not detectable by micasaverde.com/vera2 (but seems to have additional problems: “No Zwave” on GUI).

Jens unfortunately in your ticket #3403 you’ve set your email wrong (it’s ending in .com, instead of .se), you ticket was answered on 24 Sept, and forwarded now to your correct email.

If your unit is not detected by [b][url=http://micasaverde.com/vera2]http://micasaverde.com/vera2[/url][/b] can be caused by the followings:

-1- your unit doesn’t have Internet access. You should see eth1 led blinking.
FIX: Connect directly to your unit and manually adjust the network settings after you check the network connections and power cycle it.
-2- after the upgrade to UI4, your Vera unit didn’t get the new mios.com corresponding servers. Connect directly to your eth2 port of your Vera2 unit and type this in your web browser:[b][url=http://192.168.81.1/cgi-bin/cmh/sysinfo.sh]http://192.168.81.1/cgi-bin/cmh/sysinfo.sh[/url][/b]
If you see this line: “evtserver”: “”, then you should enable Remote Assistance and submit a ticket.
FIX: Contact tech support after enabling remote assistance.
-3- your ip address and your unit ip address are different. Point your pc browser to http://whatismyip.org .Note the number, then
connect to your eth2 unit port and go to Advanced->Net&Wi-Fi->Troubleshoot Network and note the External IP.
If the numbers aren’t the same your unit won’t be detected to be in the same network.
FIX: Connect to the Internet through your eth2 or wireless Vera network.
Note:1) Check your proxy settings also, if you’re connecting through a proxy, your ip will be different than your Vera unit. Disable proxy for the setup part.
2) If you have a GSM card/modem in your pc, this will have a higher priority, and you’ll conenct to it to internet, not through your home router/Vera unit.
-4- your unit is detected but you can’t connect to it (ERROR: Cannot communicate with your Vera.)
Note: this apply only if you connect to the internet through the same network as your Vera unit (your pc and your Vera eth1 port are plugged into the same router/switch)
- You’ve manually configured your Vera unit network settings and setup the Firewall to ON.
FIX: Change Vera’s firewall to OFF.
- You’re network configurations are wrong. I’ve encountered cases when people configured their routers internal private network to 192.169.xxx.xxx or 172.35.xxx.xxx, etc.
Note: Your internal network should have valid private ip addresses from A,B or C class. More info here: [url=http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Private_network]http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Private_network[/url]
If your Vera unit doesn’t have a private ip address it will be directly accessed from the Internet and will have its firewall ON.
FIX: Correct your network settings or if they are correct, connect to the Internet through your Vera eth2 port for the setup part.

[quote=“Ap15e, post:27, topic:166609”]Another voice from Europe:
My Vera2@1.0.996 (as delivered by MCV) is not detectable by micasaverde.com/vera2 (but seems to have additional problems: “No Zwave” on GUI).[/quote]

If you see this error message, and your Vera has Internet connection (eth1 led is solid) and you did already a power cycle to your Vera, then enable tech support
and submit a ticket. Your unit could have an us zwave firmware instead of the eu one.
One of the support rep will login and write the correct firmware.

Jens unfortunately in your ticket #3403 you've set your email wrong (it's ending in .com, instead of .se), you ticket was answered on 24 Sept, and forwarded now to your correct email.

I’m so sorry guys. Confused my work email with my private. Thank you zmistro for your effort to make me get in contact to MCV even thou I send them the wrong email.

I have now received an email from the MCV support and I will set my Vera2 into “Tech support full control enabled” mode and reply. I’m sure we will fix this now :slight_smile:

no problem

@cj

If you see this error message, and your Vera has Internet connection (eth1 led is solid) and you did already a power cycle to your Vera, then enable tech support and submit a ticket. Your unit could have an us zwave firmware instead of the eu one. One of the support rep will login and write the correct firmware.

Vera2’s Internet connection is ok (ETH1 led solid, ‘Internet ok’ on UI2 GUI). Worked with tech support, but problem wasn’t resolved.

Why would a unit with US Z-Wave firmware deactivate its Z-Wave chip in Europe (“No ZWave”)? Does the unit know where it is currently located?

Why is the ZWave LED on?

The Vera support have now fixed my Vera. They did a “server re-provision”. I assume that my Vera ID was locked in some way on their server.

Thanks to everybody who has been helpful, really appreciate it!

For all of the heat that MiCasaVerde administrators take, this is an example of what makes them great.

[quote=“Ap15e, post:32, topic:166609”]@cj

If you see this error message, and your Vera has Internet connection (eth1 led is solid) and you did already a power cycle to your Vera, then enable tech support and submit a ticket. Your unit could have an us zwave firmware instead of the eu one. One of the support rep will login and write the correct firmware.

Vera2’s Internet connection is ok (ETH1 led solid, ‘Internet ok’ on UI2 GUI). Worked with tech support, but problem wasn’t resolved.

Why would a unit with US Z-Wave firmware deactivate its Z-Wave chip in Europe (“No ZWave”)? Does the unit know where it is currently located?

Why is the ZWave LED on?[/quote]

The z-wave locale (EU, US) is stored in the provision database. If you make a fresh install or power Vera the first time and it wasn’t provisioned, Vera connects to the provision server and grab all the necessary data which needs to be stored in the nvram (non volatile ram). I noticed that in your case, in the db, the z-wave locale value was stored like ‘us’. The moment we changed that and re-provisioned your Vera, the z-wave was fixed. It is working now on the EU frequency, right?

The ZWave LED is on because the firmware is written on the zwave chip and Vera thinks everything’s ok.

[quote=“mhjens, post:33, topic:166609”]The Vera support have now fixed my Vera. They did a “server re-provision”. I assume that my Vera ID was locked in some way on their server.

Thanks to everybody who has been helpful, really appreciate it![/quote]

MCV so how did a re-provision help in this case?

@mcvovidiu

The moment we changed that and re-provisioned your Vera, the z-wave was fixed. It is working now on the EU frequency, right?

Yes, MCV’s support has fixed my new Vera V2. Thanks for the great support - but a new Vera should work right out of the box. There should be no need to contact customer support to get a new Vera up and running.

I agree but posting the information may help the next guy. It helps to the cause.

I got called in to investigate one report of not being able to connect to cp.mios.com recently. In the end the problem was the user was running Ui2 and so it was still on the old findvera.com server. The solution was to open the web page: http://micasaverde.com/vera2 and let it upgrade to UI4. It sounds like you did this already if you know your version is 1.1.1047. Just pointing out the only cause/solution to this problem I’ve seen so far.

That wasn’t the person I emailed you was it.