Check list for TTS problems

For users having problems with TTS, please check these points:

0 - Google has now to be avoided as TTS engine because not working well - you will only get few messages working per day. Rather use Microsoft engine.

1 - Are you running UI5 or a recent version of the plugin ? You have to run UI5 if your installed a version of the plugin before 1.1. Version 1.1 and later are compatible with UI7 (and probably UI6).

2 - Did you secure the access of your Vera in the local network (setup => unit settings) ? You have to leave the access not secured (access without a password). Even if you secured in the past and then undid it, it could be not enough and could probably require an action from Vera technical support.

3 - Is your Vera connected to Internet ? It is required to join Google servers. Not required if you are only using an OSX TTS server running in your LAN.

4 - Are your Vera and your Sonos on the same subnet in your LAN network ? They have to.

5 - Is the plugin working well except TTS ? If you have other problems, you have to resolve them before going further with the TTS problem investiguations.

6 - Did you update the variable RouterIp or RouterPort ? You have to not update these variables except if you know why and what you are doing (RouterIp set to empty and RouterPort set to 80).

7 - Does the problem occur whatever the Sonos model you are using for TTS ? If not, please tell us what Sonos model exhibits the error ?

8 - Are you able to play from a WEB browser a small* MP3 file uploaded in directory /www in your Vera using the URL http://:80/MyTestFile.mp3

9 - Are you able to play with the Sonos control application a small* MP3 file uploaded in directory /www in your Vera using the URL http://:80/MyTestFile.mp3

Please run a test without mixing TTS and grouping, that is just a TTS sent to a particular Sonos.

• Take care to not upload a big file, it will take all the memory of the Vera. Delete the file after your test.

Hello Lolodomo,

My problem is solved.
It was because of this :
4 - Did you secured the access of your Vera in the local network (setup => unit settings) ? You have to leave the access not secured (access without a password).

Long time ago i’ve changed the setting to unsecured but you need to reboot the Vera otherwise this setting is not applied.

[quote=“joe144, post:2, topic:181694”]Hello Lolodomo,

My problem is solved.
It was because of this :
4 - Did you secured the access of your Vera in the local network (setup => unit settings) ? You have to leave the access not secured (access without a password).

Long time ago i’ve changed the setting to unsecured but you need to reboot the Vera otherwise this setting is not applied.[/quote]

That did it for me as well

This seems to be working for me now as well. I"m sure I did #4, but maybe I didn’t reboot at the time. Thanks!

I take it back. tried to test it again when I got home. now getting error (when looking at Sonos) that the mp3 is not encoded correctly. tried exactly same thing as this morning.

What might have changed during the day?

I know I’ve seen that exact error when the URL was incorrect (in my case, TTS OS X ), it’s as if the URL error is being sent to Sonos generating the encoding error.

I take it back. tried to test it again when I got home. now getting error (when looking at Sonos) that the mp3 is not encoded correctly. tried exactly same thing as this morning.

What might have changed during the day?[/quote]

Hi, I was having the access denied issue, then I checked and the problem was my Vera secured. Unsecuring it fixed the problem. But now I have a wierd issue, sometimes it works sometimes not. When it does not works it says that the it is “unable to play the track is not encoded correctly”. I have checked and I can access the MP3 from my PC (before it is autodeleted) and played correctly, so I don’t know what is the issue.

I read also that could be networking issues, but I checked and everything is working fine, no IP conflicts, no signal loss, etc…

Thx.

Same issues

[quote=“Vreo, post:7, topic:181694”]Hi, I was having the access denied issue, then I checked and the problem was my Vera secured. Unsecuring it fixed the problem. But now I have a wierd issue, sometimes it works sometimes not. When it does not works it says that the it is “unable to play the track is not encoded correctly”. I have checked and I can access the MP3 from my PC (before it is autodeleted) and played correctly, so I don’t know what is the issue.

I read also that could be networking issues, but I checked and everything is working fine, no IP conflicts, no signal loss, etc…

Thx.[/quote]

I have done almost one houdred calls to TTS during the last hours (development of a new feature). I got this error message one time.

I can imagine, even I have done a lot and works fine, it seems that when you do several in a row, it works fine, but not when you leave it rest for some hours. I have it attached as a welcome when my door is open, so after 8 or more hours of standby is when it fails, but music works instantly. Any clue?

• What would be the new feature??

Maybe your Vera reloads at this time ? :frowning:
No other idea, sorry.

* What would be the new feature??

With TTS, you can now keep the current group. It is faster, no action relative to group management. Please read the other topic.

Thx, great!

For those having issues, you might consider installing the Plugin Viewer, filter on the Sonos device and see what’s occurring. The information is pretty verbose and you might be able to identify the issue.

I have the “info viewer”… assume that is what you are talking about? Do you input “sonos” in the Lua Pattern dialog box, then open the log?

I have the “info viewer”… assume that is what you are talking about? Do you input “sonos” in the Lua Pattern dialog box, then open the log?[/quote]

Sonos with a S in uppercase…

I have a “access denied” situation (seen in the Sonos control application).
Can conclude the Sonos MIOS app is creating/deleting a mp3 file in the Vera /www library but Vera can’t obviously access the Sonos system. Successfully checked all steps on your list except step 9 that I can’t understand how to do.
Running UI7.
Help please…

Edit: My problem is apparently step 9. I cannot playback a file on the Sonos system from the /www directory on the Vera (“access denied” displayed on the Sonos app).
What should I do?

What about the point 2 ?

[quote=“casaljungsvik, post:16, topic:181694”]I have a “access denied” situation (seen in the Sonos control application).
Can conclude the Sonos MIOS app is creating/deleting a mp3 file in the Vera /www library but Vera can’t obviously access the Sonos system. Successfully checked all steps on your list except step 9 that I can’t understand how to do.
Running UI7.
Help please…

Edit: My problem is apparently step 9. I cannot playback a file on the Sonos system from the /www directory on the Vera (“access denied” displayed on the Sonos app).
What should I do?[/quote]

i have exactly the same problem. And i tried unsecure the vera, unplug it and nothing happens for me. Any help?

Are you 2 running UI7 ?

Yes, UI7 ver 1.7.481.
“Secure your Vera” is unchecked and unit rebooted several times.
Vera and Sonos system on same LAN and subnet.
The access issue can be traced in the Sonos Log (Help - Error Log) but not in Vera (what I can find).
I can play a file from the Vera /www directory in a web browser on any client but apparently not on the Sonos system.
Is Sonos using port 80 to access Vera or another port that might be blocked?