Check list for TTS problems

[quote=“casaljungsvik, post:20, topic:181694”]Yes, UI7 ver 1.7.481.
“Secure your Vera” is unchecked and unit rebooted several times.
Vera and Sonos system on same LAN and subnet.
The access issue can be traced in the Sonos Log (Help - Error Log) but not in Vera (what I can find).
I can play a file from the Vera /www directory in a web browser on any client but apparently not on the Sonos system.
Is Sonos using port 80 to access Vera or another port that might be blocked?[/quote]

Yes, port 80.

I am using UI7 as well. And has exactly the same problem as above

OK, so I guess below ports are only applicable for Sonos traffic for routes outside my subnet and nothing I need to configure in my router?
Really annoyed I can’t find the blocking issue here… >:(

TCP/IP:
80 (HTTP)
445 (CIFS)
3400 (UPnP incoming events)
443 (Rhapsody, Napster, and SIRIUS Internet Radio)
4070 (Spotify incoming events)
4444 (Sonos update process)

UDP:
136-139 (NetBIOS)
1900 (UPnP advertisements / device discovery)
1901 (UPnP m-search responses)
2869 (UPnP connection to Windows Media Player 11 Network Sharing Service)
6969 (Getting Started process)
10243 (UPnP connection to Windows Media Player 11 Network Sharing Service)
10280-10284 (UPnP connection to Windows Media Player 11 Network Sharing Service)

Is there any way outside the UI7 GUI (“Secure Vera”) I can make sure the firewall is off, e.g. in a SSH terminal session?

Yes i am on UI7, have managed to find any solution yet to the access denied problem?

I’ve checked that vera is creating a file. And i can play it with my computer (if i?m fast). Then it delete’s it.

But as soon as sonos are about to play it, i get access denied. And yes, my vera i unsecured and i can login to it locally.

Can it be anything to do with me having a vera lite? Or maybe some other problem?
Can i filter the log somehow and post it to you?

The obvious access problem I have is that Vera requires authenication for accessing the /www content and what is published via port 80.
Step 8 in the checklist is ok only due to the fact I have authorized the browser for the “HomeControl” host at some stage…

I have even logged on directly to the LuCI/Open WRT i/f (http://{Vera_IP}/cgi-bin/luci.sh) but still I have not found out how to turn that authorization request OFF! >:(

If I correctly remember, one UI7 user had to ask Vera support to suppress this required authentication.

How do we compile that question to vera support? What exactly is it we are gonna ask for??

The question to ask to the support is why do I have to authenticate when I try to access to a file distributed by the Vera local Web server, while I have unsecured my Vera local access through the Vera UI (and rebooted) ? Of course you will precise that you are running UI7 as this problem does not exist with UI5.

The question to ask to the support is why do I have to authenticate when I try to access to a file distributed by the Vera local Web server, while I have unsecured my Vera local access through the Vera UI (and rebooted) ? Of course you will precise that you are running UI7 as this problem does not exist with UI5.[/quote]

Well that was indeed an exact question. Thanks a lot

Got this reply from micasaverde:

If you?re trying to access the backups containing your Vera configuration you will be asked to login as those are stored on the servers.

But can you please give us more details about your issue ? What you?re trying to accomplish ? Is it possible to attach into the email a snapshot with the message that you?re receiving ?

I am running UI7 and Sonos Plugin 1.3. I have Sonos devices working. I have tested TTS for each of the Sonos devices and it works. I am trying to create a manual Scene with “Say” and I cannot get it to work.

Suddenly I got it working. Don’t know what I dig or why. But it’s working now

Contacted Vera Tech Support about my authentication problem and got it resolved :slight_smile:

My problem statement;
“Hi, I need “anonymous” access to VERA /www library, i.e. what is published on port 80.
VERA (“HomeControl”) is currently asking for credentials to get access.How can I configure these access rights?”

Support logged in remotely and solved the problem and here’s their response from support on my question about root cause and how to resolve;
“This is a residual setting from ?secure unit? option. If you ever had this option enabled in the past, even if you disabled it, it doesn?t really gets disabled and we have to manually remove that entry from the Vera unit.”

Seems they would like to do it this way and not let us users hack in to the Vera unit on our own…

I have had a problem with TTS from day one of the Sonos plug in install in UI5. I recently went from UI5 to UI7. I just deleted and reinstalled the Sonos Plug In.
All of the other options on the plug in seem to work. I have not tried the test file option. My Vera lite is not secure.
Any other ideas to get TTS to work?

Hi,

first of all let me thank lolodomo for this awesome plugin. I use it on a daily basis. It works on all my zones except for one. I’ve got two Play5 and a sonos sub in my living room zone and I can’t get TTS to work. In every other zone it works fine (Play1, Play 3, Play5). Once I disconnect the sub from the zone it works. So my guess would be that it is related to the sub. Someone experience the same problemes? Is there a fix or a workaround? Thanks!

[quote=“kos42, post:36, topic:181694”]Hi,

first of all let me thank lolodomo for this awesome plugin. I use it on a daily basis. It works on all my zones except for one. I’ve got two Play5 and a sonos sub in my living room zone and I can’t get TTS to work. In every other zone it works fine (Play1, Play 3, Play5). Once I disconnect the sub from the zone it works. So my guess would be that it is related to the sub. Someone experience the same problemes? Is there a fix or a workaround? Thanks![/quote]

Yes, paired Sonos zones, which is probably your case with Play5+sub is apparently not perfectly handled by the plugin. There was attempts by myself in the past to make it work properly (based on logs provided by users) but I was probably wrong in my reverse engineering. Without ability to test it, this will be probably never fixed by myself.

But something should work; use “CURRENT” and send the command to your Play5. Like this, no change is done by the plugin to the group setup. The text is read by your current group (the one in which is your Play5).

I searched the forum trying to understand how to send the command to “CURRENT” but could not find out.
Could you please push me in the right direction?
Right now I am using Autovera and Tasker. In tasker I send the say command via Autovera to my Vera3. I’ve looked up all the variables in there and could not find “CURRENT”.
If this is only possible with some LUA Code, could you provide a quick example?
Thank you so much!

Kos42

I will update the wiki. CURRENT is the value to use for the GroupZones parameter.
Another available special value is ALL.

It is working with “CURRENT”. ;D On further investigation, when I switch to my second Play5 in the Zone it is working per default.
So, when having more than one device in a zone you just have to find the right sonos device and it will work even if there is a Sonos sub attached.
Great work! Thanks for the plugin. Now all my rooms are talking :slight_smile: