Beta started!

Just got the beta running. My first thought is that plugin support will be a key factor for me. Support for the 3M-50 Thermostat plugin, and the DSC Alarm panel plugin would be great. Most importantly though, I think it needs support for the Virtual Switch plugin. This would allow an access point to other unsupported plugins via setups on the Vera. Is this planned?

Gooood morning.
Thanks for the new build.
I can add my CT-30 Thermostat now, however I do not get any info on it.

See attached screenshot.
Any thoughts?

Flo

[quote=“intveltr, post:35, topic:172088”]

3. Dimmers keep a 3/4 blue circle all the time. The left 1/4 is either white for the partial dim %, or black/blank for the undimmed %. And seeing the blue ring on the other 3/4 looks like the dimmer is off at a glance. I don’t have an answer, but this piece of UI seems a little confusing.

That dimmer gadget works best on large dimmer controls. You can turn it off: go into the dimmer’s settings, and turn “Light level bar” off, then enable “Light level text” if you want to see the power % instead.[/quote]

Ahh, I like that better. Thanks.

Did you try virtual switches? I have several though I added them manually rather than install the plugin, but the end result should be the same. Vera presents these as real devices, and they should show up as any other swith in HomeWave.

For any plugin: if it defines the same uPnP interface as regular Vera devices, HomeWave won’t know the difference. I am planning support for devices that fall outside the regular Vera definitions (by allowing you to add custom definitions); the supporting framework is there in the software, but there’s no GUI for it yet.

[quote=“frichter09, post:42, topic:172088”]Gooood morning.
Thanks for the new build.
I can add my CT-30 Thermostat now, however I do not get any info on it.[/quote]

Not sure why that is… perhaos there’s a slight difference between the data structure of device:HVAC_ZoneThermostat:1 and device:Heater:1 (the latter is what I have). Both are defined in the uPnP standard so I can look it up even without having access to an actual thermostat like yours. If that doesn’t give me a clue, I’ll add a simple debugging window to the app to log what is going on, so you can send me those details.

By the way, did you try getting the temperature measurement from the thermostat (using a “Sensor measurement” control)?

That reminds me… I need to add a Fahrenheit readout to this thing :slight_smile:

Yeah, i tried everything and I am not able at getting a temperature measurement.
Let me know if and how I can sent you any log files if needed.

Flo

Looking good so far with tstat, temp, humidity, and door sensors. Arm/disarm would be useful addition.
1). Plugins for virtual switch and conditional switch (from mios Apps) don’t show up. I would love to see support for those please.
2). Swiping left and right is difficult without accidentally moving the dimmer settings. Any way to improve this?
3). On the Control Screen, can I only have 6 panels? I’m using one per room and I need more than 6 rooms. Perhaps I am not using it correctly.
4). Would also be good if I could display the text from the Variable Container plugin too.

Many thanks.

Jtmoore

Mine definitely don’t show up. What do you mean to add them manually?

My virtual switch didn’t come as a plugin from the MIOS store, but as a couple of files someone posted here some time ago. I uploaded these files to my Vera to create the switch.

I will try adding a virtual switch and some of the other plugins, and check how Vera exposes them on her web interface.

[quote=“jtmoore, post:47, topic:172088”]1). Plugins for virtual switch and conditional switch (from mios Apps) don’t show up. I would love to see support for those please.
2). Swiping left and right is difficult without accidentally moving the dimmer settings. Any way to improve this?
3). On the Control Screen, can I only have 6 panels? I’m using one per room and I need more than 6 rooms. Perhaps I am not using it correctly.
4). Would also be good if I could display the text from the Variable Container plugin too.[/quote]

1, 4) I will look into supporting specific or even arbitrary plugins.
2) Not easily. It is possible to make the app cancel a dimmer move once you leave the dimmer control with your finger, but it will be annoying to have the dimmer snap back to the old value if that happens, rather than stay on the last valid value. I could also cancel the dimmer action once a swipe is detected. I’ll experiment a bit with these options.
3) Select (highlight) one or more panels by tap-and-dragging, then hit the Grid button. You can then change the nr of panels on the selected area, allowing you to have more than 6 controls. For example, select 2x2 panels, then tap the grid button and change it to 3x3. You end up with 9 smaller controls instead of the original 4

For this one:
2) Not easily. It is possible to make the app cancel a dimmer move once you leave the dimmer control with your finger, but it will be annoying to have the dimmer snap back to the old value if that happens, rather than stay on the last valid value. I could also cancel the dimmer action once a swipe is detected. I’ll experiment a bit with these options.

maybe implement arrows on the top bar to switch between different screen.

Flo

Regarding my reported difficulty swiping left and right without accidentally altering the dimming setting… As a personal work round, I could just learn to position my finger to start the swipe inside the dimmer icon, rather on its edge. So, I can live with this limitation if there is no easy solution. I just need to teach my wife to do the same…

I’ve been testing via 3G connection and I can report that this works ok. I’ve increased the time out a little, as some times it would not respond.

I really like the Sensor icon and configuration, with ability to change the text and colour depending on current state. I have some binary switches (real and virtual) that I would like to use as though they were Sensors. Would it be possible if HomeWave could have option to display the switch as a sensor? Anyone else think this could be useful option, or just me? :wink: Thanks.

jtmoore.

For me if I start swiping inside the dimmer switch I get the problem that sometimes the dimmer gets turned on…
So I d still prefer some type of arrows etc. Maybe user configurable so people can turn it off if not needed.

Anyways +1 on fading color option. I really enjoy this feature!!!

Flo

You can configure the switch to look exactly the same :slight_smile: Just set the on/off colors and labels, and disable the ring for the off state. Then (if desired) disable user interaction so it’s display only.

Perfect! Many thanks.

New build has been posted, mainly having to do with Thermostats and Plugins.

Please note: If you have any Thermostat or Linear Sensor controls configured in Homewave, please go into edit mode, select the control, click the Link button (the little chain) and re-link the control to the right Vera device. This ensures that the new configuration settings of this build are carried over to your existing control.

Please also do the same for any Fortrezz temp / water sensor (both the temperature readout and the water indicator), and let me know if the device still works as expected.

This build should now support regular thermostats as well as the 3M-50 plugin, but keep in mind that only heat setpoint and ambient temperature are supported as yet.

You can also switch to Fahrenheit readout. After making the change in the app settings, you’ll have to return to the HomeWave home screen for the changes to take effect.

Thanks intveltr,

it seems to recognize my ct-30 now… however it shows 70C. This cant be right (I hope)…
How do I switch it to F?

Flo

Also, my Evolve relay switch is now showing up!
Great work.

My WWA-02 devices now appear as well as my Virtual Switch.

[quote=“frichter09, post:57, topic:172088”]it seems to recognize my ct-30 now… however it shows 70C. This cant be right (I hope)…
How do I switch it to F?[/quote]

That’ll be 70F :slight_smile: The only thing that actually changes is the unit label.

Go into the app’s Preferences (via your iPhones Settings thingy); you’ll find a setting for the temperature unit.