Beta started!

[quote=“intveltr, post:60, topic:172088”][quote=“frichter09, post:57, topic:172088”]it seems to recognize my ct-30 now… however it shows 70C. This cant be right (I hope)…
How do I switch it to F?[/quote]

That’ll be 70F :slight_smile: The only thing that actually changes is the unit label.

Go into the app’s Preferences (via your iPhones Settings thingy); you’ll find a setting for the temperature unit.[/quote]

Haha…
that makes more sense:)
For a moment I was like: wait…what??? :slight_smile:

Thanks!

So the thermostat displays the set point for heating right?
Is there any way how I can toggle between the heating and cooling setpoint?

[quote=“frichter09, post:62, topic:172088”]So the thermostat displays the set point for heating right?
Is there any way how I can toggle between the heating and cooling setpoint?[/quote]

Not yet. I hope to fix that in the next build, but it requires some GUI work which is always a bit of extra work.

[quote=“intveltr, post:63, topic:172088”][quote=“frichter09, post:62, topic:172088”]So the thermostat displays the set point for heating right?
Is there any way how I can toggle between the heating and cooling setpoint?[/quote]

Not yet. I hope to fix that in the next build, but it requires some GUI work which is always a bit of extra work.[/quote]

NP, thanks for the quick replies!

I had to reflash my vera and am taking the opportunity to start over, adding devices as new and recreating scenes. Now the app does not see the vera, and shows an emply list to select for devices and scenes. I checked the app settings, and it shows the correct LAN IP and vera unit#. I do not have the MIOS login set in the app.

My vera is working fine on my LAN and via MIOS.

Is it not refreshing something properly?

Is HomeWave connecting to your Vera (showing a white WiFi icon in the top right corner, not a red one)?
Did you try the Refresh button when the (empty) list of devices comes up?

Two other things you could try:

• Kill the app (double click the phone’s Home button, tap-and-hold HomeWave, and stop it), and restart Homewave.
  • Go into the app’s settings and clear the device ID and IP address. Kill the app, and restart. Check if HomeWave finds your iPhone on the LAN.

Is HomeWave connecting to your Vera (showing a white WiFi icon in the top right corner, not a red one)?
Did you try the Refresh button when the (empty) list of devices comes up?

Two other things you could try:

• Kill the app (double click the phone’s Home button, tap-and-hold HomeWave, and stop it), and restart Homewave.
  • Go into the app’s settings and clear the device ID and IP address. Kill the app, and restart. Check if HomeWave finds your iPhone on the LAN.[/quote]

Backstory, my rebuild is a result of my schalge battery replacement and my poking around trying to get the lock re-recognized. Somehow I lost z-wave communication. So I reset and restarted (Vera 2, UI4, 1362). After excluding and including most of my devices, I’m back up and running. mios.com works, automator app works.

Back to homewave, I cleared the device settings and restarted the app. it found vera, and the wifi icon is white. However, when I try to add a scene or a dimmer, the ‘select’ list is empty.

I uninstalled/reinstalled homewave, and I still cannot see any devices or scenes. Refresh in the ‘select vera device’ does not help. The unit is found and the wifi icon is white.

Is that the same UI version as before?

Another thing you could try is to fill in your MIOS details and remove the ip address, or disable wifi, then try again via MIOS.

When you refresh the list, do you get the spinny thing, and does it keep spinning or does it disappear quickly?

no, newer version.

Another thing you could try is to fill in your MIOS details and remove the ip address, or disable wifi, then try again via MIOS.

When you refresh the list, do you get the spinny thing, and does it keep spinning or does it disappear quickly?

I entered my mios login. same result. turned off iPhone wifi, same result. The spinner stays on the screen about 1/4 second.

I’m sure this is due to my rebuild. I wouldn’t suspect the home wave app if automator and cp.mios.com weren’t working, but they are.

Not able to get temps to change to F. I changed it in the setup. Turned off HomeWave and went back to the main screen. What am I doing wrong.

PS any timetabe for adding energy monitors?

+1 on the energy monitors. Thanks.

[quote=“Minnies, post:70, topic:172088”]Not able to get temps to change to F. I changed it in the setup. Turned off HomeWave and went back to the main screen. What am I doing wrong.

PS any timetabe for adding energy monitors?[/quote]

After the last update, something changed in the thermostat related controls so they need to be re-configured. You can do this by going to edit mode, selecting the thermostat control, and clicking the Link button (the little chain). Pick the same Z-wave thermostat from the list and click save, that should fix it. If not, delete it completely and re-add. (This is just because of the patch that added fahrenheit, and needs to be done only once for controls added before this patch).

As for energy monitors, what do these things looke like (in the Vera interface)? I don’t have one and I’m not sure what they look like. :slight_smile:

Regarding energy monitors, I have an Everspring AN158 and an Aeon Micro Energy Switch. Both appear in Vera as D_BinaryLight1.xml and I think MCV have built in the capabilities to display the Watts. I don’t (yet) have any clamp type units that monitor energy.

When playing around with lua code, the values from my switches are queried with the following example. I’m not sure what code would be used to get total KWh consumption etc.:

local watts    = luup.variable_get("urn:micasaverde-com:serviceId:EnergyMetering1", "Watts", measuredevice)

Hope that helps.
jtmoore.

I have the Aeon HEM. In UI it looks like a motion sensor except the figure is replaced with a lightening bolt. It shows the current wattage and KWH. It also shows clamp 1 and clamp 2, but they are not very important.

In addition to the data point “watts” indicated above the KWH is in “KWH”

[quote=“Intrepid, post:69, topic:172088”]I entered my mios login. same result. turned off iPhone wifi, same result. The spinner stays on the screen about 1/4 second.

I’m sure this is due to my rebuild. I wouldn’t suspect the home wave app if automator and cp.mios.com weren’t working, but they are.[/quote]

Thanks for mailing your JSON dump. I noticed you have no rooms set up on your Vera, and that is indeed what bugged HomeWave. The next build will fix this, in the mean time you can just add a room to continue working with the app :slight_smile:

Inveltr,

Am I supposed to turn on and off the thermostat?
If I click on the item nothing happens.
Not sure if that is supposed to behave like this…

Flo

Turning the thermostat on/off is not supported yet. Thermostat and fan mode will come as separate controls.

[quote=“intveltr, post:75, topic:172088”][quote=“Intrepid, post:69, topic:172088”]I entered my mios login. same result. turned off iPhone wifi, same result. The spinner stays on the screen about 1/4 second.

I’m sure this is due to my rebuild. I wouldn’t suspect the home wave app if automator and cp.mios.com weren’t working, but they are.[/quote]

Thanks for mailing your JSON dump. I noticed you have no rooms set up on your Vera, and that is indeed what bugged HomeWave. The next build will fix this, in the mean time you can just add a room to continue working with the app :)[/quote]

Ahhh, correct, I have not setup any rooms. Glad we caught this, as I’m probably an oddball with no rooms on a new build.

edit: I added a room without moving anything into it and the app works.

Thanks for the new build!
My D-Link wifi camera is working perfectly.
What is the refresh interval on the cam?

Also, thanks for putting the arrows in the top bar, navigating is much easier now!

If only my locks were supported :wink:

When are you planing to release this version?

The cam thumbnails refresh once every minute; this interval can be changed in the app settings. The fullscreen view refreshes continuously.

The plan is to submit Homewave to the app store at the end of August, but the way things are going, I think I will bring that date forward. The next few builds will wrap up camera support, support for locks, and full support for thermostats. After that it’s mostly polishing and localization.