Beta started!

intveltr,

As another developer, I wanted to say great work!

• Garrett

App looks great. I really like the flexibility in setup and configuration. Opens up a lot of possibilities.

-Is the supporting documentation in the works? I would be happy to assist if you need help with that.

-I have several Fortrezz WWA-02 water/temp sensors. Are/will these be supported? I attempted to set these up but they don’t appear when selecting either Sensor Indicator or Sensor Measurement.

Thanks for the opportunity to provide feedback.

This is definitely planned, though it may take some time as it requires a nasty extra screen. Currently, you can specify control colors from a set of predefined “functional” colors i.e. Yes, No, Active, Inactive, Alarm, etc. In the future, you will be able to change those predefined colors as well.

Also, I have 3 door locks (actually two Kwiksets and one using the Woobsy Plugin) which are not showing up. Besides my door locks, my thermostat (CT-30) and camera do not show up in the list either.

Door locks & cameras are not supported yet, I’ll come to that a bit further on in the pilot :slight_smile: The thermostat not showing is a surprise. Did you check both under Thermostats and Sensor Measurements (for heat setpoint & reported ambient temperature)?

I love the way you actually swipe the individual controls. However, when sliding from one page to another, I often activate lights, scenes, etc. by accident. I am not sure if other users agree here but it might be helpful to add two little arrows to allow swiping through the individual pages.

Good to know this! The trick is to make long swipes; if you touch a control and then move off it, the control will not react (except dimmers / thermostats). But the title bar in Operate mode has enough room for left/right/home buttons, I can add these as an option.

Speaking of the circles, it also might be a good idea to chance the icon for scenes (or let users decide what type of icon to use). In my layout I usually have the dimmers and switches on the left side of the screen and some scenes on the right side. It would be nice if the scene icon would look slightly different so users get a better idea between the actuall physical switch, dimmer etc. and the programmed scene.... just a thought.

Anyone have a good suggestion for an icon for scene buttons, let me know! :slight_smile:

Anyways, thanks again for this great app and I am looking forward to testing the upcoming releases for sure. Also, if you need someone in the future to translate this app from English to German...let me know. :)

Thanks for the offer & feedback! :slight_smile:

Should be forthcoming soon.

-I have several Fortrezz WWA-02 water/temp sensors. Are/will these be supported? I attempted to set these up but they don't appear when selecting either Sensor Indicator or Sensor Measurement.

I’ll look into this (I might have a Fortrezz thingy lying around). Out of curiosity, how does the Fortrezz show up? Is it a single device, or 2 devices (each with their own Vera device ID)?

This is definitely planned, though it may take some time as it requires a nasty extra screen. Currently, you can specify control colors from a set of predefined “functional” colors i.e. Yes, No, Active, Inactive, Alarm, etc. In the future, you will be able to change those predefined colors as well.[/quote]
Thanks! I dont mind an extra screen to change the black background color, haha.

Also, I have 3 door locks (actually two Kwiksets and one using the Woobsy Plugin) which are not showing up. Besides my door locks, my thermostat (CT-30) and camera do not show up in the list either.

Door locks & cameras are not supported yet, I’ll come to that a bit further on in the pilot :slight_smile: The thermostat not showing is a surprise. Did you check both under Thermostats and Sensor Measurements (for heat setpoint & reported ambient temperature)?

Just re-checked everything. My T-stat is nowehere to be seen. Also the camera is not working but I think that this is normal at this point, right?

I love the way you actually swipe the individual controls. However, when sliding from one page to another, I often activate lights, scenes, etc. by accident. I am not sure if other users agree here but it might be helpful to add two little arrows to allow swiping through the individual pages.

Good to know this! The trick is to make long swipes; if you touch a control and then move off it, the control will not react (except dimmers / thermostats). But the title bar in Operate mode has enough room for left/right/home buttons, I can add these as an option.

Thanks for the tip. Its just something I might have to get used to :slight_smile: Yeah, the modified title bar would be nice to have for sure.

Speaking of the circles, it also might be a good idea to chance the icon for scenes (or let users decide what type of icon to use). In my layout I usually have the dimmers and switches on the left side of the screen and some scenes on the right side. It would be nice if the scene icon would look slightly different so users get a better idea between the actuall physical switch, dimmer etc. and the programmed scene.... just a thought.

Anyone have a good suggestion for an icon for scene buttons, let me know! :slight_smile:

How about not the round circle but a square around the text?

Anyways, thanks again for this great app and I am looking forward to testing the upcoming releases for sure. Also, if you need someone in the future to translate this app from English to German...let me know. :)

Thanks for the offer & feedback! :slight_smile:

Anytime!

Should be forthcoming soon.

-I have several Fortrezz WWA-02 water/temp sensors. Are/will these be supported? I attempted to set these up but they don't appear when selecting either Sensor Indicator or Sensor Measurement.

I’ll look into this (I might have a Fortrezz thingy lying around). Out of curiosity, how does the Fortrezz show up? Is it a single device, or 2 devices (each with their own Vera device ID)?
[/quote]

I found another thing.

I have some scenes set up with luup code to poll my battery operated devices.

When I execute the scene I do not get any feedback wether the scene ran successfully.
The icon color changes from blue to grey. I assume it should change to white after the scene ran?
Please see attached screenshot.

Flo

[quote=“frichter09, post:25, topic:172088”]When I execute the scene I do not get any feedback wether the scene ran successfully.
The icon color changes from blue to grey. I assume it should change to white after the scene ran?[/quote]

I noticed that in some cases, scene feedback is a bit iffy. Not sure if it’s a Vera issue or something in my code; I’ll investigate.
The ring turns white if Vera considers the scene to be “active”, which usually means that all devices in the scene have been set correctly. If you have Luup code in your scene, the “active” statue may not be quite what you’d expect (in which case, you can tell HomeWave not to show active scenes, in which case the ring will always be blue or grey).

The WWA-02 device shows up as a single device in UI5. It shows temperature and has water leak notification options. See attached.

Thanks!
I might change it to do not show active scene for now.
Flo

An idea for the coming camera support.

I have a camera in my garage, and I also have a trigger on the garagedoor so that I can see whether it is open or closed.

What could be nice is to have the sensor information overlap the picture from the camera, or maybe just draw a red or green border around the camerapicture to
show whether the garagedoor sensor is triggered or not.

Also, if you want a Norwegian translation at some point I’m ready.

Regards
TommyE

New build has been posted. Please let me know if the following devices now work:

• Fortress WWA02 temp/water sensor: both leak detector and temp reading should work, but you’ll need to add two controls to get both.
  • CT30 Thermostat (and others): Only supports heat setpoint and current temperature as yet.
  • Door sensors (Everspring SM103)

Scene status has been modified slightly: the scene control will go from grey (unknown) to blue or white on any message from Vera about this scene. Effectively, this means you will get confirmation that Vera received your request to run the scene, not that it actually ran to completion.

The default caption for untripped alarm sensors is now “ok”. This only applies to newly added controls; your existing controls will not be changed.

Great work.

I’ve only tested dimmers, switches (physical and binary), and scenes so far.

Regarding the control icons, basically I see blue when off and white when on.

1. switches seem to work intuitively; blue=off, white=on.

2. Scenes toggle between blue and white. I have an "all inside lights off’ scene. First run, icon goes blue, next run, icon goes white. The color toggle for a scene does not tell me anything. Maybe scenes should not toggle their color?

3. Dimmers keep a 3/4 blue circle all the time. The left 1/4 is either white for the partial dim %, or black/blank for the undimmed %. And seeing the blue ring on the other 3/4 looks like the dimmer is off at a glance. I don’t have an answer, but this piece of UI seems a little confusing.

[quote=“intveltr, post:30, topic:172088”]New build has been posted. Please let me know if the following devices now work:

• Fortress WWA02 temp/water sensor: both leak detector and temp reading should work, but you’ll need to add two controls to get both.
  • CT30 Thermostat (and others): Only supports heat setpoint and current temperature as yet.
  • Door sensors (Everspring SM103)

Scene status has been modified slightly: the scene control will go from grey (unknown) to blue or white on any message from Vera about this scene. Effectively, this means you will get confirmation that Vera received your request to run the scene, not that it actually ran to completion.

The default caption for untripped alarm sensors is now “ok”. This only applies to newly added controls; your existing controls will not be changed.[/quote]

yes i 'have installed and my sm103 works very well
tjhank you

i have a bug sometimes with enter the text on the off label but impossible
my solution enter in the case of the on label and after in the case of the off

The version #5 is working correctly.

I didn’t understood the support for door sensor. It was not already included with the Status Sensor?

Question: for the door/sensor is possible to see if they are tripped or not. How can I arm and bypass and check the status? Maybe clicking on it?

Thanks
Matteo

[quote=“intveltr, post:30, topic:172088”]New build has been posted. Please let me know if the following devices now work:

• Fortress WWA02 temp/water sensor: both leak detector and temp reading should work, but you’ll need to add two controls to get both.[/quote]

I still don’t see either of my WWA-02 devices when using either the Sensor Indicator or Sensor Measurement control.

Scenes are white when Vera reports them as “active”, which usually means that all devices are set as ordered. This can be disabled in cases where the “active” state doesn’t make much sense: go into the scene’s settings and turn “Show Scene State” off.

3. Dimmers keep a 3/4 blue circle all the time. The left 1/4 is either white for the partial dim %, or black/blank for the undimmed %. And seeing the blue ring on the other 3/4 looks like the dimmer is off at a glance. I don't have an answer, but this piece of UI seems a little confusing.

That dimmer gadget works best on large dimmer controls. You can turn it off: go into the dimmer’s settings, and turn “Light level bar” off, then enable “Light level text” if you want to see the power % instead.

[quote=“davidd1205, post:32, topic:172088”]yes i 'have installed and my sm103 works very well
tjhank you

i have a bug sometimes with enter the text on the off label but impossible
my solution enter in the case of the on label and after in the case of the off[/quote]

Good to hear about the SM103. I noticed the bug with the Off text field as well, will look into it!

The status sensor supported it, but the filter for the list of devices you can link to it did not include the DoorSensor device type, so these devices weren’t selectable. A simple configuration file change did the trick.

Question: for the door/sensor is possible to see if they are tripped or not. How can I arm and bypass and check the status? Maybe clicking on it?

Arm/Bypass is not supported yet. (will add to the list)

Strange. Could you go into the Vera GUI please, and do the following:

1. open the settings for one of the WWA-02 devices.
  2. go to the Advanced tab
  3. copy the value next to device_type and paste it here.

Thanks!

[quote=“intveltr, post:38, topic:172088”]Strange. Could you go into the Vera GUI please, and do the following:

1. open the settings for one of the WWA-02 devices.
  2. go to the Advanced tab
  3. copy the value next to device_type and paste it here.[/quote]

As requested:

urn:schemas-micasaverde-com:device:TempLeakSensor:1

Right… the Wiki specifies urn:schemas-micasaverde-com:device:TemperatureLeakSensor:1, which is why the app doesn’t pick it up. Hopefully it will be fixed in the next build.