Beta feedback Ezlo Plus

I must be missing something. What I want to do is turn on the hallway light for 5 minutes if the garage door is opened, but ONLY at night. How do I detect night without setting something like a VirtualSwitch at sunset and resetting it at sunrise, and then using it as an AND condition? Unfortunately, no virtual switch available yet.

And, note also that sunset and sunrise do not work for me on the west coast - apparently a known problem in Atom v1 and EZLO Plus as well.

2 Likes

What are the specs of the charger that works? In case I will ever receive the confirmed Ezlo Plus for testing

At the moment i’m using Fire 8HD Tablet charger i think its 7-8W charger but i think the issue was the cables not the charger.

Yes same here, it is probably faster to walk to Ukraine to get it than to wait for the normal delivery. :roll_eyes:

In recognition of the desire to distinguish/control between events that run by day vs. those that typically run at night (lighting, security, access, etc.), perhaps Ezlo could add a “Night” trigger to the Schedule>Daily> option, much like “At time of day”? Although it would be a state - between sunset and sunrise - rather than a transition like sunset, it would allow us to condition actions using the AND function to those we only want to occur at night. A similar extension of this concept would be to add a Time Window trigger in the Schedule>Daily option that would allow us to set the beginning and ending time that a trigger (state, actually) would allow us to restrict an action using the AND operator.

While on the subject of suggestions/enhancements, perhaps Ezlo could enhance the scene creation process to allow editing. I.e., having created a scene with two triggers using the AND function, adding some actions, and then saving, I decided that I didn’t want one of the trigger conditions. However, I was unable to delete that condition without deleting the entire scene and rebuilding. Maybe I missed some button (iOS), but it would seem that some way to delete/edit a particular trigger and/or action without complete rebuild would be helpful.

The thing you are missing is the “Grouping of Activations eg Triggers”
in your case you have two triggers
1-Door opening (A device State)
2-Night time (A Time State)
So you need to “Group these two triggers” so that it only triggers when both conditions are met:
Click on “Add activation event”
then
Click on “A group of activation events” as per below

then create two activation events and group them together using “AND”
I did an example in the below screenshot where I took a device as a trigger
then I took a time as a trigger and combined them with an “AND” statement.

Now you can turn on your light after sunset if the garage door is open

For turning it off (pls look at my previous post 
where you can use the “light” as the device trigger
if the Light is on
turn it off after a delay of 5 min).

Also for Time zone: pls go to “Settings” then “Unit Settings” and choose your locality.
Hope this help!

3 Likes

Looks like the timestamp of alerts does not include the selected Timezone.

Timestamp of alerts are 3 hour off and my Timezone is GMT +3.

finally received the plus in the US. first impressions echo the above sentiments. Fast inclusion, fast on performing actions.

The VOI stuff is really powerful for integrating other systems that are not in the Ezlo/Vera. I’m thinking through a lot of possibilities with that.

Like the new scene creation and being able to do AND/OR operations. It’s OK that it walks you through very wizard-like for creating a scene, but i find that too limiting. i really like the way reactor allows you to create your entire set of conditions (activation events in the vera UI) on one page, so i can reference what else i’ve already done in the logic.

I also wish that it was not a one to one condition to action, i would love to have one scene that controls a common set of elements. Again, drawing comparison to reactor, each group of conditions (activation events) can have an action. and these actions can be fired when the condition is met or when it goes false, so i don’t have to create a second scene for a “off” condition. In Reactor, there is a concept of a NULL group that allows me to have separate logic in one single container. so in one location i can look at all the actions that are related to AC.

Only had it for about an hour, so i will play some more with it when i get some time.

2 Likes

I’m also stuck on 1.0.22. Tried both options (power cycling / disconnecting ethernet cable) multiple times. Any further directions?

Does anyone else find it strange that when initiating a scene that turns on a light, for example, the notification that gets sent is “Scene finished”? Would think it might say something like “Scene activated” or “Scene initiated”, anything other than “finished”.

From the App’s perspective
it sent the command
and the command is received by the controller
so the app did its job
depending on the scene
it might take X time

happy to discuss wordings and new suggestions

Btw: were you able to set the scene as per your requirement? if not, what were you not able to ?

I was using “Sunset” to turn on a light. It worked – except that it occurred more than 3 hours before actual sunset on the West coast – due to the apparently known bug. But, I guess I think of scenes doing things that might continue for a while, not being “finished” just when they are initiated or become active.

1 Like

I understand
its a perspective issue
If you look at it from “App’s perspective” it merely sends the instruction to Controller and then done
If you look at it from “Controller’s perspective” a scene is in constant execution
we are always open to find a happy medium for wording.

The user doesn’t differentiate between the app’s perspective and the controller’s–they are one and the same to the user. The app is the UI of the controller, so “Scene Finished” sends an odd message if the user’s scene will last some period of time. It seems that the app wants to indicate when it starts sending the commands to the controller, and provide an indication when it has finished. Perhaps instead of scene started and scene finished, simply report “Commands Sent” when the app has transmitted all the controller’s commands.

Commands Sent: Is one idea

any other ideas pls?

Indeed, the commands have been sent to the controller, but “Commands Sent” is not very explanatory when it shows up as an email. To the user that gets the email, he is left to wonder just what action was effected with the commands. Much clearer, to me, to advise in email that “XYZ scene was initiated” or something like that. The user interacts with the UI through devices and scenes, not commands, so referencing the state/status of the scene seems clearer to me.

Commands sent:
XYZ Scene was initiated:

what else? Lets all decide together guys.

Still awaiting delivery of beta plus. But how about - Scene Xyz Enabled/Disabled

Enabling/Disabling is a different function than Running/Executing

Just for reference, here is what I am familiar with from Vera Plus as an email notification:

Porch lights in room Porch has been turned on, "Porch lights on". 

And, here is the more cryptic email from Ezlo Plus:

Scene S2 on at sunset from Office finished.

The former makes a lot more sense to the lay user.