Beta feedback Ezlo Plus

This issue already fixed. Fix will be available in this week release.

@Crille, thanks again for all logs, let’s reset it.

@Odysee, sent it to my coleagues from mobile team.

Same here. I have to logout from the controller and back in again.

Hi @Matsohl
Android team is checking it now.
What is your experience with Ezlo Plus ?

I can confirm this issue is fixed with today’s release (2.0.2.1140.1) and it also makes the (Android) app more responsive.

Cheers Rene

2 Likes

The themostat support seems to get worse with every release. My Eurotronics Spirit thermostats are all shown in “Off” mode after firmware update except the one involved in a scene. Neither mode nor temperature can be set.

By setting temperature on the thermostats some of the devices came back to life and I was able to switch between Off and Heat (temperature setting still doesn’t work). Two of my thermstats didn’t show a connection symbol in the display. I’ve excluded and included one of them again. But It’s still showing Off mode and doesn’t responde to any command via app.

Ok scenes are not running, The scene that switches house mode has not triggered the 12 hour delay action, and the mode is still night. It should be home at mid day

What is your experience with Ezlo Plus?

The unit controls appliances fast (e.g. on/off) and the UI is more snappy but I have not included many units into it yet since I am waiting for ability to change location for the sunrise/sunset to work properly.

2 Likes

The latest firmware apparently installed automatically last night. As happened with a previous firmware update, this update mixed up the device associations with my Zooz Zen 16 multi-relay (or perhaps put them back the way they originally were?) The device has three independently controlled relays, as well as a “master” switch that turns them all on and off. I am using it to control some curtains, with relays specified as “open”, “close” and “stop”. Unfortunately, after this update “open” is now the master relay, “close” opens the curtains, and the master closes the curtains. Stop didn’t change, for what that’s worth.

Note that this isn’t just a naming issue (apparently) because Alexa still shows that it is turning on the “open” device (for example), but actually triggers the master.

Started testing my beta unit as well. So far I’ve added Neo Coolcam wall outlet power switches, a Ikea Tradfri E27 bulb, Ikea Tadfri E17 bulbs and a Ikea Tradfri remote (the one with dimming and left/right buttons). All Ikea devices were added as generic Zigbee devices.

All seem to pair and connect okay. The tradfri remote correctly reports the battery level, though it does not provide any functionality as a switch. This is expected behaviour, as these switches only communicate directly with the bulbs, not with the Ikea ‘bridge’.

In the current app/firmware combo, all worked pretty okay. Only odd bit is when adding a device, after selecting a room (by using the option button) I would expect the ‘Done’ button to become green, however it remains greyed-out. Pushing it still works okay though.

Hi,

This evening tried to install a fibaro smoke detector, fgsd002, which goes through the install process fine, however, when trying to create a scene based on the device, however the only options are battery goes above, battery goes below.

Please can you add alerts based on smoke detection etc?

Thanks

Nice to hear TrĂĽdfri finally works! That made me try my innr bulb again and this time it includes as a dimmable light.
The dimming works but the indicator stays at 100% and ON/OFF works but the icon is always lit even though the text is correct. After turning the light OFF leave the app and open again the icon and text shows as ON but it’s actually turned OFF.
Not sure if it’s a firmware or iOS app issue.

Not really reliable yet but at least it’s some progress in the right direction for Zigbee devices :slightly_smiling_face:

Yeah, it works but not exactly in a userfriendly way. Behaviour of the tradfri bulb is identical to your description of the innr bulb.

Actual bulb status is not reflected by the app UI. I can use the tradfri remote to control the bulb, but non of the changes are reflected in the app.

Anyway, to me the most important bit is to be able to control the lights from scenes, I have the physical switch for any ad-hoc use.

This morning I got 27 notifications from my thermostats that the mode was supposedly switched:

Just tried to add a Neo CoolCam SOS keyfob (Z-Wave) device. I was able to pair the device with the Ezlo Plus however I could see no way in the Vera mobile app to assign the buttons on the keyfob to run some of my scenes.

The device should be added as a scene controller.

I was then unable to unpair or delete the device from the Ezlo Plus hub.

EDIT: The device eventually disappeared.

UPDATE:

Got the Neo CoolCam SOS keyfob working on my Vera Plus, see here for setup guide.

Hi everyone, there were some incidents over the weekend which should have been sorted by now.
We’re sorry for the trouble. We’re posting incidents here: https://status.getvera.com/

I have two time-based Scenes on my ezlo Plus which are supposed to send Notify messages when they run – one in the morning, and one in the evening.

Problems are:
• They don’t run every day, only randomly;
• The notifications “pile up” and appear in my in-box much later than they should.

For example, I just got 10 such Notifications this morning, over a span of about 5 hours, telling me the “Morning” and “Evening” Scenes had run.

This is all painfully wrong and honestly should not be happening even for a product in alpha, much less beta stage. I will continue to postpone full testing of the Plus until such kinks get ironed out.

• Libra

@LibraSun, the only thing the scenes are doing - just sending notifications, right ?
Cloud team is checking the issue with notifications now.