Beta feedback Ezlo Plus

HI,

7 & 8 Looks like the Ezlo is restarting when you use the virtual switch. Can you look at the ha-luad.log file in /tmp/log/firmware? I guess it will have a hint why it does that.

Cheers Rene

8 Is happening while the hub is on idle, exactly every minute. The log says:

EDIT: Here is a complete minute of the log.

**** luad Restarted at Mon Oct 19 21:42:20 CEST 2020

2020-10-19 21:42:20 INFO : addon.lua: at-5cc1dbb340176b3e1b2457d1 [2020-10-13T12                                                                  
:45:00+0000]
2020-10-19 21:42:20 INFO : addon.lua: Spread: connected to "4803" with private g                                                                  
roup "#addon.lua#localhost"
2020-10-19 21:43:16.000000 EZVIZ: EZVIZ plugin starting up...
2020-10-19 21:43:16.000000 EZVIZ: Clean up temporary storage from the last sessi                                                                  
on
2020-10-19 21:43:16.674120 INFO : LuaAddon: a script: HUB:ezviz/scripts/startup                                                                   
has been executed successfully
[migration] initialized migration
2020-10-19 21:43:16.740658 INFO : LuaAddon: a script: HUB:zigbee/scripts/migrati                                                                  
on/initialize_migration has been executed successfully
[migration] checking if migration is required...
[migration] data format is up-to-date, nothing to do
2020-10-19 21:43:16.747517 INFO : LuaAddon: a script: HUB:zigbee/scripts/migrati                                                                  
on/migrate_device has been executed successfully
[migration] finalized migration
2020-10-19 21:43:16.762696 INFO : LuaAddon: a script: HUB:zigbee/scripts/migrati                                                                  
on/finalize_migration has been executed successfully
LUA: Zigbee startup...
LUA: Subscribe on event handling...
Request all device values for device_id: 5f7b7446129e07106e352025
2020-10-19 21:43:16.797387 INFO : LuaAddon: a script: HUB:zigbee/scripts/startup                                                                   
has been executed successfully
TEST_PLUGIN: Startup
2020-10-19 21:43:16.847763 INFO : LuaAddon: a script: HUB:test_plugin/scripts/st                                                                  
artup has been executed successfully
2020-10-19 21:43:16.893906 INFO : LuaAddon: a script: HUB:cameras/scripts/startu                                                                  
p has been executed successfully
[migration] initialized migration
2020-10-19 21:43:17.006486 INFO : LuaAddon: a script: HUB:zwave/scripts/migratio                                                                  
n/initialize_migration has been executed successfully
[migration] checking if migration is required...
[migration] data format is up-to-date, nothing to do
2020-10-19 21:43:17.013480 INFO : LuaAddon: a script: HUB:zwave/scripts/migratio                                                                  
n/migrate_device has been executed successfully
[migration] finalized migration. current version: 17
2020-10-19 21:43:17.030143 INFO : LuaAddon: a script: HUB:zwave/scripts/migratio                                                                  
n/finalize_migration has been executed successfully
terminate called after throwing an instance of 'std::logic_error'
what():  basic_string::_M_construct null not valid
Aborted (core dumped)

**** luad Restarted at Mon Oct 19 21:43:20 CEST 2020

7 only fails the first toggle of the virtual switch after a reboot. After the first fail it works OK, no errors being logged and the api tool confirms the scene is run.

Got ā€œCanā€™t detect deviceā€ on my z-wave dimmer so rebooted the hub.
Now I canā€™t connect the api tool (spinning wheel) and trying to communicate with the dimmer log errors in ha-luad.log

2020-10-20 09:21:36.816761 ERROR: LuaInterpreter: Couldn't run a Lua code: ?:-1: attempt to index a nil 
value
stack traceback:
    =?
    =?
2020-10-20 09:21:36.817077 WARN : LuaAddon: a script: HUB:zwave/scripts/set_item_value has been 
terminated abnormally

Removed/excluded all Zigbee devices as they are not listed as integrated, excluded all other devices, as they are nedded in my production Vera, only left the Sunricher dimmer but the engine still reloads every minute. Scenes and virtual devices is the only thing working now (except the first http scene manually triggered after a reload).

My next step is to reset the hub unless the dev team is interested in investigating logs? @Oleh

@Crille,
Its happened with the 2.0.1.1112.7 build, right ?
Can you write please which divices were included and also need: ha-uid.log, ha-luad.log, ha.zwaved.log

Yes, latest available build. The dimmer is a Sunricher SR-ZV9040A. Requested info and logs sent in PM.

@Crille, received it, thanks, checking now.
You see this issue with only Sunricher dimmer included with the hub, right ?

Yes, but the other z-wave devices did not live long enough on the hub, to actually say for sure, as they were needed on the Vera

Is it normal for the ā€œPlease Wait ā€¦ Loadingā€ screen to persist for many minutes when I click on the ā€œezlo Plusā€ controller from my VeraMobile app?

Seems to be the norm now. Every once in a while it works. But increasingly not. Force closing the app and re-trying doesnā€™t help.

• Libra

I often get the error that there are missing most of the menu items in the App. Then I have to close and restart the app. It could be that this happens, when I switch from mobile network to WLAN:

1 Like

I also get the big message that says ā€œSorry, something unexpected happened. Please try again later.ā€
Not helpful!

@Oleh I canā€™t exclude or delete devices. Not real devices or virtual devices, neither from app or api tool. Did a reset on the dimmer so itā€™s not connected to hub anymore, so itā€™s not the dimmer causing constant reloads and failure of removing devices. It has to be a firmware issue.

@LibraSun, @Crille, I am seeing it on Ezlo hubs for many of the Android app versions. How many devices (real or virtual) do you have? To me it looks worse if you have more. There is an issue with the hub for returning large responses on the websocket interface that is used by the Apps. That should be fixed in the next hub FW release.

On my other account I only have Vera hubs and there I am not seeing this problem.

Cheers Rene

Number of devices per controller:

Vera Plus (daily driver): 40+
Vera Edge (testing): 0
ezlo Atom v2 (beta): 0
ezlo Plus (beta): 2

So I doubt itā€™s a ā€œquantity of devicesā€ issue in my case.

Iā€™m on iOS and not having problem with the app.
Right now Iā€™m down to only 3 virtual devices trying to figure out why the hub reloads every minute and canā€™t add or remove devices, real or virtual from api tool or app.
My next step is to reset the hub unless the state of it is of value for the dev team.

I have 80 virtual devices and 2x Z-Wave devices on my Ezlo Plus and the Android Vera app has been flakey for ages.

Menu items disappearing as the screen shots just above, all devices completely disappearing etc. Have to close and reopen the app. Its been very unstable the Android app for a good while it seems.

App version 7.50.549
Firmware 2.0.1.1112.7
Connection Status: Locally Connected.

Hi @LibraSun,

I would try to make some extra users and grant one just access to Vera controllers. For me that part is stable. If you want to test you use the mixed account or one with just Ezlo preferably on another phone/tablet so you donā€™t need to toggle back a forth.

@Crille, it seems your system is messed up. I would just reset and start over. There are ways to get more detailed logs that may be useful for the Ezlo developers, but with the constant reset it will be a challenge to get those turned on.

Cheers Rene

1 Like

The test scene for VOI is not working, it has been ropey for over a week now, i think its VOI rather than the scene not firing. Also battery device has Again report "can not detect device.
latest android app and plus firmware.

@reneboer Agree itā€™s messed up, the strange thing though is that I can hammer it with turning current devices on/off and run multiple scenes at the same time and itā€™s super responsive.
Looks like Iā€™m the only one with this kind of issues so probably not a general bug.

@Oleh Iā€™ll wait until tomorrow and then reset it.

BUG

The up / down buttons on window covering / roller shutter devices only work in 5% increments.

Please change it so its like it is now in Vera, where pressing the up button the blind goes up and keeps going up until you press the stop button.

Likewise for down.

5% increment Iā€™ve been told was a design choice, but it makes no sense.

5% moves my blinds and curtains only some inches.

Please restore this functionality as we have it now in Vera hubs.

Thanks.

@LibraSun, sent it to my coleagues from mobile team.