Beta feedback Ezlo Plus

Strange thing happend to me today, i was not home to confirm that the orange was flashing but i my controller was offline i tried to switch controllers and ezlo was offline, and the vera right next to it was online… i was able to connect to controller through mios app which was already connected to ezlo and it was working. Also api tool was able to connect to wzlo controller

Yeah not so good. In the end I pulled the power and then it came back online and blue.

Is there limit of number of scenes on Mios app for ios? Because after the least scene that i created the + sign is greyed out

The same thing with the latest beta of vera app on ios, @melih @Oleh @Sorin @Gabi is it ezlo plus limited on 20 scenes? Because when i deleted in i got a free slot and after that + sign is grey again?

Orange flashes for E+ means the hub has a connection to the Internet but it cannot establish a connection with Cloud.

Will share the doc here with the description of all light patterns.

Cloud team updated prod environment.

We are checking it now with the cloud team.

@eonnet,
Ezlo Plus doesn’t have any limitations on quantity of the scenes.

Hello @Oleh here is a screenshot with 19 scrnes th + sign is not grayed out.

Here is a screenshot with 20 scenes the + sign is grayed out, can somebody also test this on ios and android? I’m on ios.

I noticed this in November and asked in this thread why, but no response.

I can’t find a way to create scenes with API either so I guess even though the controller is not limited the user is.

Hello,
We have some limitations inside the MiOS App, related to the number of cloud scenes, but we will remove them in the next update.

The other use case is a bug on Vera App. We shouldn’t limit the number of scenes on eZLO Plus.
Thank you for reporting this. We will fix it in the next release.

2 Likes

The same bug is on Mios app i’m not using cloud scenes Im using the ezlo plus controller

So, my new Ezlo Secure arrived yesterday, and I’ve started to move things off my dying edge.

If there is a secure beta channel, I don’t have access to it, if there is a better place for this feedback, by all means let me know.

A few observations:

I am using the older leviton dimmer switches, (RZM10) and the alexa integration sees them as dimmers, but not switches. I can tell Alexa to set the level, but she tells me the device doesn’t support that if I ask her to turn the light on or off.

I really wish that the quick start guide had a small explanation of the colors of the flashing light. It warns to wait for solid blue, but it doesn’t say anything about the flashing purple that happens shortly after setup.

Cloud “online status” is broken on home.getvera.com. It shows the device as offline, though the app sees it and can interact with it.

Is there a way to surface the sensors in the alexa devices back to the Secure? My Echo Gen 4 has a built in temp sensor, that I’d love to make available to the system.

1 Like

I will also mention, I tried to do a wireless setup, and failed several times. The only error message was “Communication Failure” which made it very hard to diagnose what was going on.

My solution was to do a wired setup, and then use the app to reconfigure it wireless, which let me monitor the network closely while it was associating, and found that I had a gummed up access point that was failing to allow it to acquire DHCP, even though it was showing the device associating. Reboot the AP, and everything was good.

Some sort of advanced information in that message, be it a button, a code, or something that would allow easier diagnosis would be appreciated.

1 Like

Hi @Mekle,

No secure channels, everything is open.
We have a group in skype with plugin developers.
Are you doing some plugin development?

Here is the link to Ezlo library with the doc describes LED behavior:

Flashing purple that happens shortly after setup means FW update started.

I sent this question to our cloud team and will back with the answer.

You want to see Echo Gen 4 built-in temp sensor items in the Ezlo Secure, right?

I guess wasn’t entirely clear. I was wondering if there was a “Beta Feedback Ezlo Secure” channel.

I’m not currently working on a plugin, though that’s not out of the question in the future.

Thank you for the details on the light colors.

I look forward to hearing what’s up with the cloud.

And yes, I’d love to see that sensor in the ezlo secure. I’d love to be able to trigger scenes off of it.

A dedicated thread on the forum for Ezlo Secure feedback ?

I don’t think so, maybe @Sorin might decided to create one.

Ok, I’ve spent a bit more time playing with it, and added a few more devices. Hopefully my comments aren’t duplicate.

Some comments on the android App:

1. You can’t set the room for a scene. Devices have a drop down, but scenes have a option group, with no “OK/submit” just a “cancel”
  2. I have a Aeotec Doorbell 6. The integration is looking pretty darn good. But I don’t see a way to set volume in sound settings. Am I missing something?
  3. The doorbell sub-devices don’t appear to have any valid actions that can be taken on them in Scenes. I would expect at least a “Play” if not more.

I’ll probably move some more devices tomorrow.

Can you please elaborate on ‘cloud scenes’? I am under the impression all logic is working local and the Ezlo hubs will continue to work if there is no internet/cloud connection like the Veras do.

Cheers Rene

This is correct as the Ezlo hub has only app connection and cannot connect to it via browser.

Apparently you can use the Mios cloud infrastructure and Mios app without actually having a physical hub.

In the Mios app when selecting Controllers, there is an Ezlo Cloud option, she’s probably referring to that and “Cloud Scenes”.

MiOS app can be used without any hub, if you have a cloud integration ( Alexa or Google Home for now). In this use case, the user can create scenes involving his cloud integration and they are stored on cloud. This functionality is under expansion now, we are working to add more cloud integration and the possibility to create virtual devices.

If the user has a hub, he can choose if he want to create local scenes(stored on the hub), or cloud scenes (with virtual devices).