Best iOS and Android Apps for Vera remote control?

[quote=“hadiesper, post:37, topic:171158”]@tiwas: try control cube.
The apps Website is www.control-cube.com
The cool thing about the app is it has awesome graphics and barely takes a minute to set up. Plus if you have Sonos at home it integrates with sonos directly

P.S: I am the app developer

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk[/quote]

Oh…iOS only?

For now yes, Control Cube is iOS only. We are working on an android version though.

[quote=“hadiesper, post:37, topic:171158”]@tiwas: try control cube.
The apps Website is www.control-cube.com
The cool thing about the app is it has awesome graphics and barely takes a minute to set up. Plus if you have Sonos at home it integrates with sonos directly

P.S: I am the app developer

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk[/quote]
Looks good from the preview. I was planning to use a cheap Android device instead of an iPad for the wall controls, but might have to test out this thing and look for a cheap iPad2 or something.

I have been looking for decent looking GUIs for a while now, so far I have been mostly decided on AuthomationHD for Android, but not completely convinced.

@GC: Thanks for the feedback. I look forward to hearing your input on usability and features after you test it.

If you plan to invest in a couple of Sonos or GC devices as well. you will find Control Cube to be invaluable because it’s the only app that can integrate with these devices smoothly out of the box.

By the way, I am currently working on the iPhone app. Should be out in about 1-2 weeks.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Question, I use Authomation for Android which in my opinion is the best app on any device. Thanks Garrett! It seems to support everything I have in the home. (ELK alarm, Squeezebox, Netatmo, Hue) all thru Vera plug-ins and works solidly. One of the best features of this app seems to be missing in all IOS apps unless I’m missing it somewhere. That’s the ability to have a device on your homescreen like an Android widget. Is this possible to have these widgets or shortcuts? Does ControlCube or HomeWave have this feature? I don’t want to keep buying apps that don’t have this feature… :slight_smile: The reason I’m shopping for this is I have an overhead door in our warehouse that is on z-Wave that I need to put on other users iPhones… Thanks for your help!

TC

Vera can control any device via a HTTP get, so once you know the device that you want to control from the home scene (iOS), then its as simple as creating a home screen shortcut/URL from within safari.

You can find the URL you need by going to:

http://VERAIP:3480/data_request?id=lu_invoke

The above is for when you have LAN access, however so long as you know the Fwd server your vera is attached too, and the username password, then it is possible also to do it remotely too.

No app required for the above at all! 8)

however so long as you know the Fwd server your vera is attached too, and the username password, then it is possible also to do it remotely too.

This strategy will not work for UI6

Another good reason to stay far away :slight_smile:

Cool Thanks Strangely, this is exactly what I need. Would be nice to have this built in an app that would do this for you in IOS… Dev’s might sell more copy’s including and advertising this feature. :slight_smile:

Thanks again,
TC

[quote=“strangely, post:46, topic:171158”]http://VERAIP:3480/data_request?id=lu_invoke

The above is for when you have LAN access, however so long as you know the Fwd server your vera is attached too, and the username password, then it is possible also to do it remotely too.

No app required for the above at all! 8)[/quote]

What is the format for adding your username and password, and also the forward server to the URL?

Thanks!

[quote=“conchordian, post:50, topic:171158”]What is the format for adding your username and password, and also the forward server to the URL?

Thanks![/quote]
See this page:

http://wiki.micasaverde.com/index.php/UI_Simple

Look in the section titled Mode 1: Basic setup and locating the engine

Unfortunately (or fortunately, depending on your point of view :slight_smile: ), Apple does not allow active widgets on the home screen.

However, for apps that register a URL scheme to perform certain actions like flipping lights, it is possible to add icons to the home screen to perform those actions. This works through Safari, and it’s a somewhat ugly hack.

iViri is an iOS app that people should check out for its implementation of geofences and voice control, both of which are things no other iOS app offers at the moment and definitely not for the same prices as iViri.

Disclaimer: I am the developer and a little biased but have used and purchased most listed here and think iViri is at least comparable outside the added features of geofencing and voice control.

Can someone please suggest an iPhone/iOS app I can download that will work w/ my DSC panel & Insteon controls. I’ve downloaded (and paid) for a few apps already and haven’t had much luck w/ an app that automatically linjs in my alarm.

Thoughts?

Just installed AuthomationHD on Android. Brilliant App. Much faster that official app and the GUI so much clearer and easier to navigate.

[quote=“martinf79, post:54, topic:171158”]Can someone please suggest an iPhone/iOS app I can download that will work w/ my DSC panel & Insteon controls. I’ve downloaded (and paid) for a few apps already and haven’t had much luck w/ an app that automatically linjs in my alarm.

Thoughts?[/quote]

My BETA testers for iViri have informed me that their DSC Alarms function correctly with iViri.

My vote is for Homewave because it supports UI6, is reasonably priced, is easy to setup/customize, and loads very quickly on my iphone 5s.

How about an app (for iOS) that can be restricted to control only limited set of devices? E.g. for kids, they could only control lights in their rooms…

HomeWave app , no doubt !!!

you will draw each screen for each user…

perfect… the best app for use with Vera Control.

[quote=“intveltr, post:14, topic:171158”]I agree with guessed; SQRemote takes time to set up well, but it’s worth it. You’ll end up with an interface tailored to your particular needs.

Still, none of the current apps meet my needs, so I’ve started developing my own :slight_smile: I want something that looks and functions somewhat like a remote control or a wall mounted control panel: easy enough to use to trust your (grand)mother with it: the true test of any interface :slight_smile: The current crop of Vera apps seem to be aimed at the administrators of the Vera network rather than the end users.[/quote]

I want to talk with the person that posted this but it says I’m unauthorized I’m interested in helping develop a control panel