Best iOS and Android Apps for Vera remote control?

Currently using below free apps (I believe $30 for iVera is too high):

VeraMobile for my iPhone.
HomeBuddy on a 7" Android 2.2 tablet.

Just downloaded AuthomationHD to my HP Touchpad running CM( (ICS) and ran it. One word: WOW!!!
I’ll try remote mode tomorrrow from work.

Authomation seems to run pretty well as well on the 7" tab…

Great system. First time I have used anything like this so it took some experimenting. What I did was put the lock together and get it working manually on my desk. Then I set up the Veralite unit. Put both on my desk so they would pair. Then print the page that has instructions for the Schlage lock. Then on my Samsung S2, download the Vera Mobile android app and install. That will put an icon on your cell. Open it. Select Cameras/Security. Click the lock tab. If your lock is locked, you will see an icon showing an unlocked device. Press it and in a few seconds, your lock will unlock and will stay unlocked. The icon on your cell will show a locked device. Press it and in a few seconds, your lock will lock. First time success. I recommend it. I want to add a camera and some other stuff, but for now this is great. I can give a code to some people doing work on my home before I move in. Or I can simply open the door for them while they are calling. All this for less than $400. I thought that was a lot, but as I use it, it was worth it.

My new iOS favorite: HomeWave
IT ROCKS!!!

KenVera,

Some other apps you may want to check out:

HomeBuddy
AutHomation/AutHomationHD

• Garrett

Is there a way to donate to AutHomationHD? The app is great.

Robert

[quote=“bobrunning2004, post:25, topic:171158”]Is there a way to donate to AutHomationHD? The app is great.

Robert[/quote]

Donations are not necessary. If you feel like giving, you can donate to my paypal account at the following address:

garrett dot power at gmail dot com

• Garrett

My favorites, in order:
AuThomation
Home Buddy
My comments are here: forum.micasaverde.com/index.php/topic,12183.msg89441.html#msg89441

/Z/

Another vote for HomeWave!

iOS: HomeWave !
Android: AutHomation !

For iOS
1) Automator.app - this is the easiest to get up and running right away. For the comments on to much on the screen, I select the devices I use all the time and make them favorites so the favorites tab has everything I need. As your network starts getting larger I can see this becoming an issue but it also lets you break things up to rooms which would be the equivalent of panels on SQRemote or the way iVera does it. This is also a universal app that works on both iPhone and iPad - Huge Plus. One recommendation to the developer is to use iCloud or something to back up the config so I don’t have to make changes to all my devices each time…

2) HomeWave - waiting for this app to work on the iPad, but it looks very promising.

3) SQRemote - I want to like this app so much but you have to come up with each panel and add every single device through a lot of clicking, searching and aligning. The main problem I have for this app is I want an overview page where I can see my statuses plus all cameras and there is no way to see more than one camera at a time with this app which is a deal killer for me. Also the refresh rate on the camera using the Vera plugin is horrible, 1 pic every 5 seconds. I still keep waiting for an update though because like I said I really want to like this app because of the customization options. The developer needs to make the design part of this much simpler though like HomeWave does.

You should All try homewave, for 1/8th thé price of Ivera, this application is 8 times more efficient, flexible and reliable.

Which one allows to arm and disarm DSC EVL3 alarm systems on an Android?

AutHomationHD and I believe HomeBuddy. Not sure if others.

• Garrett

On iOS, HomeWave should support it (please let me know if it doesn’t… :slight_smile: )

Chris H.
my homewave app is perfect in my ipads .

perfect in iphone too…

the best. (intveltr could be put more icons options natively…icons with high definition like this one:

I bought a fibaro home center 2 controller for tests and I think that comes with a good interface…I hope reliable like homewave and vera3.

This thread is a bit dated, but instead of opening a new one - has there been any exciting development here lately? I just got my veralite last night so haven’t really had too much time to play around with smart phone apps yet.

@tiwas: try control cube.
The apps Website is www.control-cube.com
The cool thing about the app is it has awesome graphics and barely takes a minute to set up. Plus if you have Sonos at home it integrates with sonos directly

P.S: I am the app developer

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

[quote=“hadiesper, post:37, topic:171158”]@tiwas: try control cube.
The apps Website is www.control-cube.com
The cool thing about the app is it has awesome graphics and barely takes a minute to set up. Plus if you have Sonos at home it integrates with sonos directly

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk[/quote]

You may want to state you are the developer of the app.

• Garrett

@garrettwp: Control Cube is mentioned in exactly 3 threads. That hardly qualifies as “flooding the forums” especially when I’m giving a valid response to a question/post

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Thanks, will check it out :slight_smile:

Ideally, I’d like something graphical with floor plans and such to convert my old tablet to a remote control :smiley: