Battery Monitor Plugin

Thanks Massalia this is a very useful plugin!

Thanks Massalia for a nice plugin.

I’m guessing that the development of this nice plugin is no longer active so maybe it is pointless to suggest improvements for it.
Anyway a nice feature would be to add the Notification feature to it so one could easily get notifications when a battery needs to be changed.

Since this is not possible at the moment I would like it if someone has suggestion of a good workaround.
I guess I could create a device and add a scene to that but maybe there is a smarter solution?

Regards,
Tomas

Hi all

This plugin is not dead, it 's just a question of finding time to update it.
I’ll publish a new relase soon.

You can use the Program Logic Event Generator plugin to roll your own notifications!

@korttoma

You can also use Events generated by the plugin to do anything you wan’t. (See Screenshot) and then check LowLevel, MidLevel and High Level parameters.

BR

Nice to hear that the plugin is not dead, no preasure from my side to update it, take your time :wink:

Thanks for the sugestions for the notification, I think I go with PLEG.
Quite new to PLEG and stil trying to wrap my head around how to use it.
Will it be enough to just enable notification to the following PLEG or do I need to give it an action to?
Do I even need the condition in this case?:

Battery Notification PLEG

Triggers
BatteryLow Battery Monitor Low Level

Schedules

Conditions
TrigNotification BatteryLow

Regards,
Tomas

For PLEG you do not need an action 
 unless you are using one of the notification plug-ins that expects an Action that is only available on the Advanced tab of the Scene or PLEG Action tab.

You do need a named PLEG condition.

Then on the PLEG Notification tab create a Notification for when PLEG satisfies the name of your condition.

Thanks for the hint RTS, I was missing the correct notification.

Br,
Tomas

Hi –

This is a really useful plugin but was wondering if the battery level window (the 3 panes
 low, middle and high) could be scrollable (left to right). My device names are so long that I don’t get to see the actual battery charge levels (the entries are truncated on the right).

Don

[quote=“Massalia, post:30, topic:172778”]@Screamhouse

You have to launch a check, either with a scene or with luup code, then the icon will reflect the result.[/quote]

perfect, thanks, was wondering why was never populating

I don’t get the battery symbol to change

LowDeviceList
MidDeviceList
HighDeviceList
are all empty even though the scene has executed and the MonitoredDeviceList is populated.

Solved. I had not Done the Edit trigger step displayed on one of the pictures.

Great plug in and works good on both of my Vera 3s. But I have my guest house V# bridged to my main house V3 and when I am looking on the main V3, the battery meter for the guest house shows as undefined when I try to check the battery levels.

I tried adding a new scene and schedule on my main V3 to update the guest house V3 but that didn?t seem to do anything. Since the guest V3 battery meter on my main V3 has tow different IDs, the ID for the main and the altid for the guest, I tried the Luup code using each of them separately, but again with no success. Any advice?

Installed for the first time and nothing is reporting? It is seeing all the devices, I added them to Monitored but after several hours, and a few vera restarts, nothing reporting?

thoughts?

You need to run a scene that uses the Battery Device, with the action “Check”.

Once it runs, it will populate.

I then re-run it on a scheduled interval of 30 minutes.

I run the check 12 hourly. I do not anticipate the change in the battery life will drop that significantly in that period. I had it set up daily after the last update and only changed it recently after the batteries got below 50%

I’ll do 12 hrs also, thanks guys!

Just to clarify the short interval. I have a PLEG that provides an:

• TV overlay announcement popup + a soft beep that happens every 4 hours on a medium battery (from %50-%30)
  • TV overlay announcement popup + a louder beep + text to speech message that happens every 1 hours on a critical low battery (from <30%)

By running the condition every 30 minutes, i’ll always get up to date information for the alerts. Also, if i replace the battery, it should guarantee I won’t hear more than one false alarm max post replacement.

It’s not too CPU intensive as all data is local and easy to calculate.

Not saying 12 hours won’t work for you though
just as explanation why on my side.

Massalia, I have your plugin successfully installed. The “Battery Level” tab of the device shows the state of the batteries for all my devices. I have a scene that runs every 24 hours to check the levels. Is it possible to get an alert via PLEG, VeraAlerts, etc., that will tell me what the device names of all devices that have Low battery?

This plugin is a great idea. Not all of my Aeon Labs Door/Window sensors are being found by the device, but perhaps as I’ve seen this is an issue with those devices themselves since they don’t report a status at all unless they have been woken up in some time or had their state changed from closed to open for awhile?

I’m having two issues with the plugin. The first is the plugin’s “icon” (which it sounds like is supposed to be a visual battery icon related to the health of the sensors being monitored?) is not shown. All I can is the standard “blue circle” icon on the plugin for a newly created device (screenshot attached).

The 2nd is that within the plugin > settings > battery level: the “low” battery icon (red?) and “high” battery icon (green?) don’t show. I can a broken image url display for those two and only the “middle” (yellow) battery icon shows up (screenshot attached). Any ideas of how thus two issues can be resolved or is everyone using the plugin having the same problem?

[quote=“agoodman82, post:59, topic:172778”]This plugin is a great idea. Not all of my Aeon Labs Door/Window sensors are being found by the device, but perhaps as I’ve seen this is an issue with those devices themselves since they don’t report a status at all unless they have been woken up in some time or had their state changed from closed to open for awhile?

I’m having two issues with the plugin. The first is the plugin’s “icon” (which it sounds like is supposed to be a visual battery icon related to the health of the sensors being monitored?) is not shown. All I can is the standard “blue circle” icon on the plugin for a newly created device (screenshot attached).

The 2nd is that within the plugin > settings > battery level: the “low” battery icon (red?) and “high” battery icon (green?) don’t show. I can a broken image url display for those two and only the “middle” (yellow) battery icon shows up (screenshot attached). Any ideas of how thus two issues can be resolved or is everyone using the plugin having the same problem?[/quote]

Massalia,

This is really a useful plugin but I too am missing a device. I have 12 devices that are scanned but only 11 appear in the high list (even though device 12 is at 100%).

Thanks

Don