Battery Monitor Plugin

Does a Battery icon show on the missing device?

[quote=“agoodman82, post:59, topic:172778”]This plugin is a great idea. Not all of my Aeon Labs Door/Window sensors are being found by the device, but perhaps as I’ve seen this is an issue with those devices themselves since they don’t report a status at all unless they have been woken up in some time or had their state changed from closed to open for awhile?

I’m having two issues with the plugin. The first is the plugin’s “icon” (which it sounds like is supposed to be a visual battery icon related to the health of the sensors being monitored?) is not shown. All I can is the standard “blue circle” icon on the plugin for a newly created device (screenshot attached).

The 2nd is that within the plugin > settings > battery level: the “low” battery icon (red?) and “high” battery icon (green?) don’t show. I can a broken image url display for those two and only the “middle” (yellow) battery icon shows up (screenshot attached). Any ideas of how thus two issues can be resolved or is everyone using the plugin having the same problem?[/quote]

I’m Having the exact same two problems. Running Firefox (instead of normal IE11, even though I applied that fix), just to be sure. the “CHK” notice is showing up, but the icons are missing. Under the advanced tab, it also says i’m running version .051?

Same two problems:The first is the plugin’s “icon” (which it sounds like is supposed to be a visual battery icon related to the health of the sensors being monitored?) is not shown. All I can is the standard “blue circle” icon on the plugin for a newly created device (screenshot attached).

The 2nd is that within the plugin > settings > battery level: the “low” battery icon (red?) and “high” battery icon (green?) don’t show. I can a broken image url display for those two and only the “middle” (yellow) battery icon shows up (screenshot attached). Any ideas of how thus two issues can be resolved or is everyone using the plugin having the same problem?

mine also shows v .051 as well

I never use the WebGUI for battery check (except to find the low device).

Instead create an alert which is easy to do with the battery plugin.

Is the icon the only issue your having? Have you created an advanced scene to evaluate the batteries every few hours?

The icons are the main problem. I have a scene that checks the battery level every 24 hrs.

It would be nice to see the battery status on the dashboard without having to go to the battery level screen. I have an alert set at 50% but it makes me feel better to see battery color changes with time on the dashboard. I had alerts on my kwikset lock had battery alerts that never triggered before the lock stopped working due to low batteries levels.

The middle level image appears to be from [url=http://vera.filippi.org/bm_50.png]http://vera.filippi.org/bm_50.png[/url].

The high level image should be from [url=http://vera.filippi.org/bm_100.png]http://vera.filippi.org/bm_100.png[/url], but is not currently available

The low level image should be from [url=http://vera.filippi.org/bm_0.png]http://vera.filippi.org/bm_0.png[/url], but is not currently available.

According to Whois registry, fillipi.org is:

Domain ID: D4762639-LROR Creation Date: 1999-03-28T05:00:00Z Updated Date: 2013-03-17T06:32:15Z Registry Expiry Date: 2016-03-28T05:00:00Z Sponsoring Registrar:EuroDNS S.A. (R1721-LROR) Sponsoring Registrar IANA ID: 1052 WHOIS Server: Referral URL: Domain Status: clientTransferProhibited Registrant ID:Edns-r3152247 Registrant Name:Filippi Laurent Registrant Organization:RAS - POMACANTHUS Registrant Street: 32 Boulevard Victor Hugo Registrant City:CLICHY Registrant State/Province: Registrant Postal Code:92100 Registrant Country:FR Registrant Phone:+33.174903900 Registrant Phone Ext: Registrant Fax: Registrant Fax Ext: Registrant Email:email@pomacanthus.fr Admin ID:Edns-a3152247 Admin Name:Filippi Sandie Admin Organization: Admin Street: 32 Boulevard Victor Hugo Admin City:CLICHY Admin State/Province: Admin Postal Code:92110 Admin Country:FR Admin Phone:+33.122334455 Admin Phone Ext: Admin Fax: Admin Fax Ext: Admin Email:email@filippi.org Tech ID:edns-Technical Tech Name:Adlani Anouar Tech Organization:EuroDNS S.A. Tech Street: 2, rue Leon Laval Tech City:Leudelange Tech State/Province:- Tech Postal Code:L-3372 Tech Country:LU Tech Phone:+352.26319161 Tech Phone Ext: Tech Fax: +352.26372537 Tech Fax Ext: Tech Email:email@eurodns.com Name Server:NS1.EURODNS.COM Name Server:NS2.EURODNS.COM Name Server:NS3.EURODNS.COM Name Server:NS4.EURODNS.COM Name Server: Name Server: Name Server: Name Server: Name Server: Name Server: Name Server: Name Server: Name Server: DNSSEC:Unsigned

I just installed this plug-in. It is working, and I created a scene to check the battery every hour. But the icon on the device stays blue. Never changes. I think the issue is that I installed what identifies itself as version 6, but the advanced tab indicates 5.1. Is there a solution?

I wanted to use this plugin on UI7 but had to edit out all lines starting with: “_console”
After that it’s working fine.

[quote=“j.hoekstra, post:69, topic:172778”]I wanted to use this plugin on UI7 but had to edit out all lines starting with: “_console”
After that it’s working fine.[/quote]

Very useful tip, got me running on UI7 as well.
Thank You.

Can’t get this plugin to work in UI7. The “monitored devices” list is always empty though I’ve added devices, pressed save and got the “All changes saved”.

What is wrong?

@BrianLBeaton - I have the same problem. Only the middle icon is showing; the other two are unavailable.

Anyone have any ideas?

[quote=“racarter, post:72, topic:172778”]@BrianLBeaton - I have the same problem. Only the middle icon is showing; the other two are unavailable.

Anyone have any ideas?[/quote]

Same here. Can’t find any lines with “_console” to delete.
Anyone?

I still had trouble with this plugin not doing what I wanted it to do so I spent some time trying to fix it.
I discovered pretty quick that for my needs(I don’t need a fancy icon with colors), I just want a list of devices that fall below a certain threshold.
Posting it here in case it helps someone:

local vDevNames = "Devices with Low Battery:\n-----------------------------"
for deviceNo,d in pairs(luup.devices) do
		local vDev = luup.variable_get("urn:micasaverde-com:serviceId:HaDevice1","BatteryLevel",deviceNo)
		if(vDev ~= Nil) then--check for existence of device
			vDev = tonumber(vDev)
			if(vDev <= 10) then--threshold value
			vDevName = d.description or "NONDESCRIPT"
			vDevNames = vDevNames.."\n"..vDevName.. " : " .. vDev
			end
		end
end
luup.log(vDevNames)--put it in the log.
luup.call_action("urn:upnp-org:serviceId:IOSPush1", "SendPushOverNotification",{ Title="Battery Monitor", Message=vDevNames, Priority=1, URL="", Sound="Siren"},<pushdevicenumber>)
luup.call_action("urn:upnp-org:serviceId:SmtpNotification1", "SendEmail", {Recipient_Name="<name>",Recipient_eMail="<e@mail.com>", Subject= "Battery Monitor", Message=vDevNames}, <smptplugindevicenumber>)

[quote=“slytek, post:70, topic:172778”]Very useful tip, got me running on UI7 as well.
Thank You.[/quote]

[quote=“j.hoekstra, post:69, topic:172778”]I wanted to use this plugin on UI7 but had to edit out all lines starting with: “_console”

I’m running v 0.7, and it seems it has already been edited to reflect this - it’s still not working, though. Any tips?

Is this a complete replacement of the original code? I don’t need a GUI. I just need a heads up when batteries are low.

[quote=“j.hoekstra, post:74, topic:172778”]I still had trouble with this plugin not doing what I wanted it to do so I spent some time trying to fix it.
I discovered pretty quick that for my needs(I don’t need a fancy icon with colors), I just want a list of devices that fall below a certain threshold.

local vDevNames = "Devices with Low Battery:\n-----------------------------" for deviceNo,d in pairs(luup.devices) do local vDev = luup.variable_get("urn:micasaverde-com:serviceId:HaDevice1","BatteryLevel",deviceNo) if(vDev ~= Nil) then--check for existence of device vDev = tonumber(vDev) if(vDev <= 10) then--threshold value vDevName = d.description or "NONDESCRIPT" vDevNames = vDevNames.."\n"..vDevName.. " : " .. vDev end end end luup.log(vDevNames)--put it in the log. luup.call_action("urn:upnp-org:serviceId:IOSPush1", "SendPushOverNotification",{ Title="Battery Monitor", Message=vDevNames, Priority=1, URL="", Sound="Siren"},<pushdevicenumber>) luup.call_action("urn:upnp-org:serviceId:SmtpNotification1", "SendEmail", {Recipient_Name="<name>",Recipient_eMail="<e@mail.com>", Subject= "Battery Monitor", Message=vDevNames}, <smptplugindevicenumber>) [/quote]

[quote=“tiwas”]Is this a complete replacement of the original code? I don’t need a GUI. I just need a heads up when batteries are low.

[quote=“j.hoekstra, post:74, topic:172778”]I still had trouble with this plugin not doing what I wanted it to do so I spent some time trying to fix it.

local vDevNames = "Devices with Low Battery:n-----------------------------" for deviceNo,d in pairs(luup.devices) do local vDev = luup.variable_get("urn:micasaverde-com:serviceId:HaDevice1","BatteryLevel",deviceNo) if(vDev ~= Nil) then--check for existence of device vDev = tonumber(vDev) if(vDev <= 10) then--threshold value vDevName = d.description or "NONDESCRIPT" vDevNames = vDevNames.."n"..vDevName.. " : " .. vDev end end end luup.log(vDevNames)--put it in the log. luup.call_action("urn:upnp-org:serviceId:IOSPush1", "SendPushOverNotification",{ Title="Battery Monitor", Message=vDevNames, Priority=1, URL="", Sound="Siren"},<pushdevicenumber>) luup.call_action("urn:upnp-org:serviceId:SmtpNotification1", "SendEmail", {Recipient_Name="<name>",Recipient_eMail="<e@mail.com>", Subject= "Battery Monitor", Message=vDevNames}, <smptplugindevicenumber>) [/quote][/quote]
Yes it is(at least for my needs it is ;)).
I have a scene which triggers at set times and tells me the status. You can just create a scene and paste it in the luup window, adjust the devicenumber to your needs(or leave 1 out) and save it.

Does this plugin also monitor the battery status of the batteries in the VeraLite unitself too?

[quote=“j.hoekstra, post:77, topic:172778”]Yes it is(at least for my needs it is ;)).
I have a scene which triggers at set times and tells me the status. You can just create a scene and paste it in the luup window, adjust the devicenumber to your needs(or leave 1 out) and save it.[/quote]

Cool! Will try it out :slight_smile:

[quote=“tiwas, post:75, topic:172778”][quote=“slytek, post:70, topic:172778”]Very useful tip, got me running on UI7 as well.
Thank You.[/quote]

I’m running v 0.7, and it seems it has already been edited to reflect this - it’s still not working, though. Any tips?[/quote]

I got it working by going into Advanced, then Variables and entering a comma separated device ID list under MonitoredDeviceList. I had to go to Settings/ZWave/Advanced and to a Reload Engine for it to start working properly but it worked for me.

[quote=“zolakk, post:80, topic:172778”][quote=“tiwas, post:75, topic:172778”][quote=“slytek, post:70, topic:172778”]Very useful tip, got me running on UI7 as well.
Thank You.[/quote]

I just ended up using the code that checks all battery powered units automatically with no gui. ;D
I’m running v 0.7, and it seems it has already been edited to reflect this - it’s still not working, though. Any tips?[/quote]

I got it working by going into Advanced, then Variables and entering a comma separated device ID list under MonitoredDeviceList. I had to go to Settings/ZWave/Advanced and to a Reload Engine for it to start working properly but it worked for me.[/quote]