Axis Gear Issues

I have two Axis Gear devices (vertical blind controllers) that have the following issues:

1. Battery power shows 32% all the time. But it is plugged into an active outlet so it should never go dead (which it does) and should display 100%, but it never does. What is the fix for this?

2. These same two devices are listed as dimmable bulbs, they are not bulbs, they are controllers to open and close vertical blinds. How can this be fixed?

You don’t say what hub you have?

Vera or Ezlo ?

Just seen your other post where you say it’s an Ezlo Plus. (Now merged).

Don’t know how to fix the incorrect device type on an Ezlo hub.

On a Vera hub its easy to change the device type, don’t think you can do that on an Ezlo hub.

I have a Z-Wave appliance plug that thinks it’s a water valve in the Ezlo hub and don’t know how to change it.

And I have a Hank Multi sensor that is USB powered but it always says the battery level is 5% rather than 100% or no battery level at all.

I think you need to contact their support desk.

These are Zigbee devices right ?

I have two Axis gear verticle blind controllers. When connected to home automation hub (ezlo plus) it shows battery only 35% and then goes to 0% over time but it is plugged into an outlet. It is never unplugged. It should show power to be 100% but it never does display this. Every time it gets to 0%, hub states it cannot detect device. Please assist.

@ryantatum20

You need to go to the Online API Tool login with your regular Vera user account details.

Select your Ezlo controller and press the Connect button.

Under Commands select “hub.devices.list” and hit the Send button and look in the response results and find the Axis Gear device in the list.

The devs want to know what is the “deviceTypeId” for this device currently ?

“A device type id, generated from manufacturer info”

Maybe just do a screen shot of all the devices info etc.

They also said the following:

"In ezlo firmware we don’t allow user to change device type. But if you will give us devices list with incorrect devices, we can fix device type in the next firmware release ".

Responded via email.

Report it here will be quicker and you will get a response from the right dev.

The devs want to know what is the “deviceTypeId” for this device currently ?

Here is the info under the results in the response section of the api tool:

75:
_id: “61f2b34d0792a01239465cd3”
batteryPowered: true
category: “dimmable_light”
deviceTypeId: “AXIS_Gear”
gatewayId: “60a35ab10792a016711d098f”
info: Object {“manufacturer”:“AXIS”,“model”:“Gear”}
name: “Vertical Blind”
parentDeviceId: “”
persistent: false
reachable: false
ready: true
roomId: “61301ee40792a01ad5b324c6”
security: “no”
subcategory: “dimmable_bulb”
type: “device”

And the other one is:

64:
_id: “616178460792a0120c238d9c”
batteryPowered: true
category: “dimmable_light”
deviceTypeId: “AXIS_Gear”
gatewayId: “60a35ab10792a016711d098f”
info: Object {“manufacturer”:“AXIS”,“model”:“Gear”}
name: “Basement Vert. Blind”
parentDeviceId: “”
persistent: false
reachable: true
ready: true
roomId: “6130348d0792a01201f8fe2a”
security: “no”
subcategory: “dimmable_bulb”
type: “device”

NOTE:

baterryPowered is listed as true but they are plugged into a power outlet
category is listed as a dimmable_light, I think window covering is more correct

Thanks for the assistance.

Word from the developer.

“I checked and AXIS Gear device is already fixed in the firmware we are going to release in the nearest future.”

Mine have the same issue, so good to hear its going to be fixed soon.

Any specific timeframe? A month, two, or longer? The Axis Gear is in the next update but does those fixes address the issues mentioned earlier?

I was told the fix would be in the next firmware update and that it should automatically change the device to a roller shutter type device.

Don’t have an exact date for that firmware release, but it should be sooner rather than later I think.

Is there anyone that can provide a ball park figure of when the next firmware will be released?

Just rebooted and I see that the firmware is updated. The Axis Gear devices are now showing as Window Coverings. This is great.

BUT!!

The power lever is still showing 32% but they are always plugged in. So, it appears that was not fixed.

No response in 12 days. Not instilling confidence.

Still having the exact same problem. Still no response.

Well, can’t say much for the response times here, as it’s been well over a year and no responses. I guess this topic was closed even though there was no resolution posted.

To close this loop, I did talk to support. They informed me that I had to go in and change the power source from “Solar Panel” to “AC Adapter” (via the web UI, not the phone app) that has fixed the battery issue showing 32%. So, all that were having the same issue, this one is indeed resolved. I do apologize for not posting much sooner.

1 Like

Hello @ryantatum20,

We apologize for the delay and lack of response, we are making changes to improve this.

Thank you for providing the solution to your issue. Correct, to change the power source, you’ll need to access ezlogic.mios.com using a web browser on your computer. Here are the steps:

1. Navigate to “Settings” → “Devices” and select the desired device.
  2. Click on the “Settings” button located below the device name.
  3. Look for the “AXIS Gear Power Source” option and click on it.
  4. You’ll see a menu where you can choose between the AC adapter or the Solar Panel as the power source.
  5. Select the appropriate option and click “Save”.

We appreciate your patience and understanding, and thank you for sharing the resolution here.

Nice. I’m sure the guidance just provided will help quite a few users that have been struggling with this issue. That one change with the power source made all the difference in the world.

The only other issue: ezlo will show that the Axis Gear is offline/cannot connect and show 0% power. I have to press the pair button on the Axis Gear to get ezlo to “see” it. I guess it has something to do with polling but not sure. It’s happened each day for the pass 4 days. Prior to that, all was running fine for months.

1 Like

Hello @ryantatum20,

We’ll investigate this further and report back if necessary. Could you please provide an approximate time when you first noticed that the Controller was reporting the Axis Gear as offline?

Thank you.