AutHomationHD 3.3.1.4 Beta

In my case it says I am connecting to relay11. It is also what I have configured in the app. My unit was unfortunately upgraded to UI7 but I had the same issues on UI6. It says invalid username or password and I know the info is what I input on the web.

Can you please try and login then go to Settings - > Development Settings - > Send. Log Data?

I am not experiencing any issues logging in remotely into my development Vera that is running on UI7. I also have not heard of others having this issue.

• Garrett

Ok, thanks for the help. I just sent the log. I’m sure it’s something stupid I have done or setup.

Received and I sent you a reply.

• Garrett

[quote=“garrettwp, post:64, topic:181280”]Received and I sent you a reply.

• Garrett[/quote]

Damn it! I’m an idiot. I forgot Vera asked me to change my password at one point and add a special symbol. Usually I just paste the password in via LastPass but the app wouldn’t do it. This time I pulled it up in LastPass to look at it and remembered I had changed it. So sorry for wasting your time. Do you take donations via PayPal? I know you work hard on the app and really like supporting the developers.

Thanks for the help.

When I use the app from home (in wifi) works great and I love the interface. However when I try to use the app when I am away (in 4G) I keep getting an error message that say invalid username or password. I don’t change anything and when I get home and the phone connects to wifi the app starts to work fine. As soon as I leave same error message.
Am I missing anything in configuration??

Do you have your mios credentials entered in the Vera settings? If you are running UI6 or UI7, you need to check off MMS check box. Also the Mios servers were down all weekend.

• Garrett

I have UI5. To make sure that credentials are correct, I reset the password and logged in with the new password at cp.mios.com and right after I am using the same credentials to the app. I still get the same message. It’s weird because when I am in wifi of my home everything works just fine.
I have been trying to make this work since the beginning when I first installed the app (6 weeks ago)
I attached a picture to some of my settings. I don’t know what they are but I think I pressed Auto Configure when the connection type was “local” and went back and edit the connection type to “remote”.

Your screen shot seems to indicate you are attempting to access the Ui6/Ui7 servers. Is your Vera running Ui6 or Ui7?

I purchased the Vera3 two months ago and I haven’t done any updates (unless it happened automatically). How can I check to make sure which version I am using? I am really new in home automation and it might take a while till I get familiar with this technology!

Login to your Vera, then go tp the SETUP tab. Click on the Firmware sub tab.

The Firmware version defines if you are running UI5, Ui6 or UI7.
1.5.xxx → UI5
1.6.xxx → UI6
1.7.xxx → UI7

If you can log in remotely via cp.mios.com and access your vera unit remotely from the you are on UI5. You should be able to find the version of vera from the app via the Unit Info button on the right menu. You can also tell me what version of the app you are running via the About button. Did you get the app from the app store or from here?

• Garrett

From the unit info I found out that firmware version is 1.6.641
Application version is 3.1.3.11
I downloaded from Play Store and there is no available update so I believe it is the latest version.
This is a print screen of all the settings. On the IP field I put the same IP that I type to open getvera.com from my computer.

[quote=“Lona, post:73, topic:181280”]From the unit info I found out that firmware version is 1.6.641
Application version is 3.1.3.11
I downloaded from Play Store and there is no available update so I believe it is the latest version.
This is a print screen of all the settings. On the IP field I put the same IP that I type to open getvera.com from my computer.[/quote]

Well there is your problem! Your VERA is UI6

You downloaded from here
https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.garrettpower.authomationhd&hl=en

The play store says this.

Description *** IMPORTANT: This app is not compatible for remote access if you are using UI6 firmware 1.6.xxx. MicasaVerde has changed their remote access servers with a new authentication method and they have not published documentation for developers to allow integration. Local access will still work. I apologize for any inconvenience. ***

Play store has the most current stable or finished product, but it’s not compatible with your VERA UI yet. If you look at the title of this thread (“AutHomationHD 3.3.1.4 Beta”) your posting in or go to page number one you’ll see the different and latest version that is out (version 3.3.1.4) for BETA testing is newer then whats on the play store and does work with UI6.

Go to page one of this thread and download the latest and manually install on your phone and it will work with UI6.

I did exactly as you said and now everything works just fine. Thank you so much for the help.

P. S.
I checked the box for Auto Switching. Does that mean when I get in my wifi it will automatically switch to local type connection??

[quote=“Lona, post:75, topic:181280”]I did exactly as you said and now everything works just fine. Thank you so much for the help.

P. S.
I checked the box for Auto Switching. Does that mean when I get in my wifi it will automatically switch to local type connection??[/quote]

Yes (your correct) leave that on.

Has anyone been experience reliability issues for the past week or two? Sometimes the app will work, sometimes it won’t. Today I am getting error “HTTP Code: 500”.

Any ideas?

Thanks.

[quote=“Mike, post:77, topic:181280”]Has anyone been experience reliability issues for the past week or two? Sometimes the app will work, sometimes it won’t. Today I am getting error “HTTP Code: 500”.

Any ideas?

Thanks.[/quote]

Yep, getting the same issue here. Works great on the home network, but get the 500 error remotely. Haven’t been able to check if my unit upgraded to UI7, but I did send my log data.

[quote=“cstork, post:78, topic:181280”][quote=“Mike, post:77, topic:181280”]Has anyone been experience reliability issues for the past week or two? Sometimes the app will work, sometimes it won’t. Today I am getting error “HTTP Code: 500”.

Any ideas?

Thanks.[/quote]

Yep, getting the same issue here. Works great on the home network, but get the 500 error remotely. Haven’t been able to check if my unit upgraded to UI7, but I did send my log data.[/quote]

I have used it fine on UI6 with the new servers and upgraded to UI7 firmware about 1 week ago. I don’t have any issues.

You need to go to a browser > home.getvera.com > login. Check the URL in the browser it should be either:

vera-us-oem-relay11.mios.com or vera-us-oem-relay12.mios.com. Whichever one that is when you edit your Vera unit in AutHomation, use those as the first 2 servers and the other server as the last entry.

I’m on the latest beta so editing the Vera should show:

username
password
server (put the correct relay server from the address bar from the above step)
server (put the same server here again)
server (put the other number server here. The two servers that I know are either 11 or 12 so that’s what I mean by numbers.
internal ip
port

This is what works just fine for me.

Do you have your Internal IP correct as well?

Is your port set for 3480?

Connection type set as remote?

Connection Options I check MMS (UI6) and check Auto Connection Switching.

Make sure your password is right. I was a moron and was using the wrong one. I rely too much on LastPass and that didn’t work with the app. A typo jacked me up.