app is crashing with ios6 upgrade

So far no issues on my iPhone but app is crashing on my upgraded iPad. Work for a little while but now it connects to vera and then it crashes. Anyone experiencing this after the upgrade?

Now even my iPhone is app is crashing - I think it is because I migrated from vera 2 to 3 and I have the old vera still showing up on the SQremote app. The old vera has been sent back and I have no way how to resolve this issue.

The old Vera’s drop off about 3 to 5 days after they’ve last been connected. I’ve noticed that accessing Vera via web browser, via Vera Mobile on iOS and Authomation/Homebuddy on Android. Both the inadvertently sent AU Vera 3 and my old Vera 2 showed that behaviour.

I upgraded to iOS6 yesterday on my 4S and the ‘Vera Mobile’ (Green leaf on back background one) still works like a charm.
Ran the upgrade on my old 3GS this AM and no problems there either.

Sq remote dev’s appertlly don’t have iOS devices. I emailed them about SQ remote HD crashing on iPhone 4S and iPad 3 after iOS 6 update.

They said that one user reported the same thing and one user it’s fine on…

Your product requires an iOS device. I have over 25 updated apps because iOS 6
And they all didn’t need a $200 peice of hardware. Really guys?

When can we expect an update?

There is definitely an issue when you have 2 veras (old and new) and 1 vera reports you cannot connect to it. Since I sent my vera back to miscasaverde but deleted it from mios before I sent back - here was the issue: I shared the same login-id for both veras. So since I couldn’t go back and delete the admin-id on the old vera - I did a workaround with the new vera (vera 3) - when into the account session, clicked on other users. This is important first - create a new user with administrative rights for the new vera. Once this is completed successfully and only when you can log in using the new credententials in mios - go back into the account session, other users and delete the shared id that both old and new was using. After this you need to go back into SQremote, change your settings there accordingly, and after a few tries, my SQremote is again functioning in my iPhone and iPad as normal.

So there is an issue with SQremote in IOS6 if the app is reporting an error on startup. Hope this helps someone!!!

I have the impression that the development of the iOS app has been abandoned. This is due to the new ZWAVE controller will be a competitor and there will be a separate app.

I hope to be wrong, but seeing any release in the last months, i believe that I m not wrong.

Using SQRemote HD on both my iPhone 4s and iPad works fine for me against both my Vera2 and Vera3 units… both on iOS5, and not on iOS6.

Trying the older SQRemote app, the one that would give a complaint dialog about the Vera3 unit, now no longer starts up.

@guessed - I too am using the SQremote HD app - I believe both your units are powered on and working - so there might not be an issue there but I disconnected and returned my Vera 2 and when I was using the same credentials to login for both - this was where the problem lies I think. it would connect and say connected [1/2] and then crash.

@RobertN,
Ok, I’ll try turning off one of the units when I get home tonight and see how that goes. They’ve definitely patched for issues in recent times, so anything we can do to narrow down the issue will help them.

Thanks guessed. After you turn off your unit, make sure you kill your app on your iphone or ipad and see if it works for you. Mine worked until I started my app from fresh.

Look out. iOS 6 crashes! Not apps fault! Do you have iCloud or FB integration enabled?

Ok, so with an iPhone 4S, running iOS 6, SQRemoteHD will crash if it cannot find one of the Vera units.

In my case, I switched off the Vera 3, leaving the Vera 2 running, and it crashed during the Connected [2/4] processing, once it “hit” the device that wasn’t on my [Home] Network.

The test was run over WiFi.

I’ll send a note off to John to see if this will help them isolate it any better.

Thanks for validating and confirming this. Since I did my workaround, I am fine with the app but I am sure others would appreciate if the issue is addressed.

Thanks everyone for connecting with us and for sending in tickets with this problem. We are trying to find out where the problems lie. Your comments will prove helpful in trying to locate the source of the issue. Can someone give us a step for step description to force this issue starting from a system that is working. If we can replicate, then we can fix it.

John

After not hearing from SQ… I began poking around and tried did the troubleshooting on my own.

The problem is with the myMIOS service Settings…

You cant use a valid account, otherwise it crashes when it connects.

I uninstalled and reinstalled on iPhone… would crash right away. Finally got to the setup screen on iPad 3 was able to have SQ HD error out if i began to edit the myMIOS service

for now I have a fake id on the ipad 3 and nothing in the iphone 4S and both work.

tested with WIFI on and off and also 3/4G on and off

Jimpapa,

Thanks for the information. We will follow up on this.

John

My problem is I had a ‘dead’ Vera in my configuration. It had long since been removed from mios, but SQ doesn’t seem to recognize that. I had often deleted that Vera from SQ only to find it returning shortly after. Being lazy, I just left it in there and would clear the “can’t connect” pop-up during the app start-up.

I repeatedly tried to beat the crash and delete the dead Vera. This time I saved my configuration. My old Vera is not returning and the SQ Remote is no longer having an issue on my iPhone.

I hope this helps someone.

So no response from SQ since the 22nd. Nice - this has rendered the SQ useless. So an update would be nice about now

… IOS 6 was available to developers. You would think SQ would have tested this like all the other apps that DID GET updated… and those don’t have a $200 hardware portion that need an IOS device to even make it work…

SQ… dropped ball… seriously embarrassing.

Still waiting…