app is crashing with ios6 upgrade

This sucks almost all of my Vera customers have called with questions and complaints about this and I don’t have an answer for them. Ive tried to get them to use one of the other apps until this gets fixed but most of them (including myself) have invested a lot of time and money into sq remote. This failure to update is definitely going to hurt future “word of mouth” Vera sales in Lawrence. hopefully no one starts to post complaints about us online.

No kidding… I have had other apps already updated 2 -3 times for IOS6

Knock knock… SQ anyone home ??

Thought I would add this. I E-mailed support and this is the reply I got:
“Yes, we have a fix coming. Here’s the issue. The little pop-up windows that provide messages are crashing under iOS6.”

Not that this helps but thought I would post.

If that’s what they are trying to fix… “little pop ups” … I have not seen a pop up on this app… ever.

we will never see an update… I emailed and posted that it is with the myMIOS service settings

You can not have ANYTHING in that form… or it will crash… It is repeatable on 3 Phones and an ipad for me.

I know… they are busy with a new product… my advice… quit now… home automation systems either fly or don’t based on the support they have…

@jimpapa,

Do you know/remember, if when setting up the myMiOS settings, any old, wrong or otherwise problematic Vera’s were being retrieved?

Do you have a single Vera? Local access through auto-discovery works fine?

From my perspective, as others have reported, a crash occurs when the app has trouble connecting to any of the Vera’s discovered/provisioned/retrieved.

It seems that if you are able to get to the myMiOS settings (i.e. username or password entry), the crash won’t occur and you get a chance to rectify the situation (if possible), e.g. by deleting a Vera, or updating an entry with the proper settings, etc.

If I provoke the situation and subsequently get into the myMiOS settings, I do get a pop up that the app could not connect to that particular Vera. Given the statement they made about the pop ups, this might be the reason the app doesn’t crash at that point.

Having something set up under myMiOS can be a good thing too; it depends on the situation.

Up until IOS 6 I did have my MyMIOS setting filled in.

I didn’t have an old etc. or non -working Vera ever.

I have an entry under MiOS and it uses a fixed IP that I use my DnyDNS address in.

If I put anything in MyMiOS it crashes. I tested this many times with three iPhones and and iPad 3

all do the exact same thing.

For the record, I don’t know if I was clear on other posts…

My system is working fine with no crashes with those changes. Just looking for a larger screen on iPhone 5 at this point.

@jimpapa,

Right, so in your case it seems that the data received through your MiOS account is ‘bad’. (But the ‘opposite case’ can be shown to cause a crash as well.)

Does accessing your Vera remotely through cpui5.mios.com work ok?

I don’t think the data is bad… I use that login no issues with cp.mios.com

Ok; thanks. When you go to cp.mios.com, is the correct LAN address shown for your Vera?

I was afraid to update my iPad 3 due to all of the crashes I finally got tired of waiting and did the update and I haven’t had a single problem in fact it almost works faster than before I have a Vera 3 running 1.5.408 I think the issue might be in the networking I have wifi turned off on my Vera and use my main routers wifi I have a total of three routers and two switches on my network. I’ll try different combinations tomorrow and see if I can get it to fail without changing any sq settings so to recap its currently working well on my iPad 3 running ios6 with my Vera 3’s wan port connected to my main routers LAN port1 and an internal ip reserved for it no port forwarding my sq blaster is on my main routers wifi with an internal ip reserved as well also no port forwarding and my iPad is on my main routers wifi with an internal ip reserved for it as well ( I reserve ip’s for all my devices. I feel like its less stress on the network I’m honestly not sure if it helps or hurts)

Hello All,

I had the same problem even on my ipad touch, some of our clients after the IOs update got the same problem.
We found a workaround, we just delete the application and reinstalled again, this resolved the problem, we did it on three different devises and it worked

I hope this works for you.

Didn’t work for me…

It’s a shame SQ is AWOL… at least they could have updated to take advantage of the new iPhone size… and… oh fix the issues

Updated app was made available yesterday.

[quote=“iTunes”]What’s New in Version 1.1.4
This is a intermediate release to fix the “loss of sync/ loss of label” problem with MiOS systems when reopening the application, this also fixes the iOS6 issues that were occurring with the previous release[/quote]

Forcing the crash the way I did before, does not work anymore. :slight_smile: Am getting a pop-up instead now.

Fixed the crashing finally… Now… can we have a bigger screen to take advantage of iPhone 5? ;D

I think the SQRemote gang is too busy on their new Home Controller product…not looking like many Vera updates coming our way anytime soon. ::slight_smile: