Anyone get Insteon working on latest UI7 for edge

I thought they fixed the USB but I still have not made it work

thanks

Well usb works now, have my alarm and usb stick hooked up.

I’m going to give Altsteon on UI7 a shot today, I’ll let you know how it goes. I’m so used to upgrading/downgrading I have the whole thing down to about 10 minutes now ::slight_smile:

I have my Insteon PLM working now with relase 961 (7.0.4).

I had to remove Insteon, reconnect and add it back in. Then I had to go to the apps section under Develop Apps and Serial port configuration. The last option there…Used by device, change it to INSTEON NETWORK[]

Note: I had two INSTEON NETWORK devices…one was from a failed install (don’t know how to delete it). When I selected the wrong one, I still got the No Insteon message at the top of the UI. When I selected the correct one. That error went away and when I added a device, it worked.

Post screen shot of issue/device and we see what we can do.

I wasn’t aware you needed to go to the develop apps section and make a modification there. Will try it.

thanks

I removed and re-added instead, then went to develop apps and under serial configuration it says nothing found. tried to reload lump and still nothing found. Under Insteon settings it says false under port, what do you have

thanks

Settings - Insteon Settings : Port = false

I’ve attached what the developer / serial port configuration looks like after I added the PLM.

Post screen shot of issue/device and we see what we can do.[/quote]
I have two Insteon Network[] … one shows up on my dashboard, but is NOT assigned to the USB (_Insteon is a room) … but the one that works is the one as shown in the picture.

How about in your installed plugins? Do you have 2? The 2 you posted may be normal.

Under Settings + Insteon? Under devices I have the one Insteon Network in room “_Insteon” (the name of the room I gave it). But if I assign that to the USB port, the Vera can’t connect to the PLM. When I saw there was another, it was a whim I chose the one that is not showing up in the device list and it worked.

I think this is normal, they are not the same name.

But my question was in your apps. or plugins, do you show you have 2 devices installed?

I think this is normal, they are not the same name.

But my question was in your apps. or plugins, do you show you have 2 devices installed?[/quote]
I’m confused…I have no plugins or apps concerning Insteon. Under devices, there is only one available, the one that is assigned to the room “_Insteon”

Yes, sorry your right in UI7 it’s under settings, then insteon settings.

Oh good, I was confused…I’m still new to Vera, but then I thought maybe those using the Alsteon app it created Insteon plugins. The only thing in my settings is the Port field and buttons to remove and reset the PLM.

Well as a follow up to my earlier post, I did complete the upgrade to UI7 and Altsteon seemed to work with the latest firmware, but I was forced to downgrade anyway because the LUUP Engine kept reloading every few seconds. I’m not sure if this was related to Altsteon or some other plugin.

What instead modem are you using. When I install mine I keep getting the error on top of the web page saying no insteon.

I’m using a 2413u

joey - it didn’t work - that was the same thing for me.

You should have tried removing altsteon to see if it became stable again…

Altsteon puts Vera into a constant reload of the engine on Vera Edge.

I’d also like to add that I have the same issue seeing Insteon: No Insteon

My port shows up as False and under the develop apps section I do not have any of the options from one of the previous screenshots.

Got it working. Tech support called me, little did I realize there are two upgrades. There is the SW, then there is also a hardware base firmware that you enter the download link in the second box WRT I think it was called. Now it’s working.
This is the link I used, on UI7 Edge with Latest firmware upgrade. Carefull, you might toast your unit.

http://download1204.mios.com/firmware/os_mt7620a/openwrt-ramips-mt7620a-na301-squashfs-sysupgrade-107.bin

[quote=“airedale, post:18, topic:186031”]joey - it didn’t work - that was the same thing for me.

You should have tried removing altsteon to see if it became stable again…

Altsteon puts Vera into a constant reload of the engine on Vera Edge.

I’d also like to add that I have the same issue seeing Insteon: No Insteon

My port shows up as False and under the develop apps section I do not have any of the options from one of the previous screenshots.[/quote]

When I say it worked, I mean that I was able to control my Insteon devices. But the reloads made my Vera unusable.

Edit: To expand on this, almost all of my lighting devices are Insteon, so even if removing Altsteon had stabilized things I would’ve needed to revert to UI5 anyway.