Alexa TTS (Text-To-Speech) [and more] plug-in for Vera

Just go back and check what putty says if you
ls -a

in /storage/alexa

Then can you confirm that your echo is actually called ‘Living’ in the Alexa app?

As Pabla says, deleting and re-creating the device might help but let’s keep it simple (ish)

C

I’ve got it working with my VP but dont know what version I’m on. I installed the files from about a week ago so I assume it’s the latest.

So the name of the echo is ‘Lounge’. Create a room named something and add the lounge echo to that room.

if you installed 9 days ago its an older version, new files uploaded 8 days ago don,t work on my vera. i reinstall older version and all worked again.

Hi

I did wonder if it was broken for everyone LOL. I am testing on a Vera Edge unit.

My live unit is a Vera Plus however.

I can’t see releases on Github where do you get previous versions from ?

Thanks

I download again from branch link, but i just checked and i can not see them now.

just looked again click history link vera/VeraAlexa at 1abd183557ff0d387705b3847306e413e10965e5 · dbochicchio/vera · GitHub

Here are some screenshots for clarifications on zones and echo name.

OK done that, I created a new group called “Lounge” and added the Fire TV and the Echo Dot in to the Lounge group.

I renamed the Echo Dot device name from “Lounge” to “Echo Dot”

I can now see a group called “Lounge” in the Alexa app and the “Echo Dot” device is in the Lounge group.

I also added one Ewelink device an oil diffuser in to my new Lounge group.

I don’t currently have Vera linked into to Alexa as Google Home is doing that job currently, so these are the only devices I have showing in the Alexa app.

Yea so you’ve got the Alexa side set up fine. Now in your config you can set your default echo to ‘Echo Dot” (it is case sensitive). So your luup code should look something like this

luup.call_action(“urn:micasaverde-com:serviceId:Sonos1”, “Say”, {Text=“Test”, Volume=50, GroupZones=“Lounge”, Repeat = 1}, 58)

If I try to upload the older version 0.1.3 files after the engine reloads I get this error now.

System error : Device: 60. Fail to load implementation file D_VeraAlexa1.xml

try deleting all the file and upload again.

I’m sorry for the confusion. I hope to fix the current release in a couple of days.

Version 0.2.1 is now on GitHub, properly tested and supported under Vera as well!

New in this release:

• messages will be rendered immediately, if the queue is empty
  • routines are supported under openluup (Vera will follow soon, I need jq package that will soon be added to the official repo - testing in dev mode is working ok)

Test it and let me know. YMMV, since it’s still very hacky, vera beta.

1 Like

Sorry, no luck… uploading the latest in vera gives me no output. re-uploading the 1st set gives me output with delay…

can you please share the code used to send the message? next time, please enable DebugMode (it’s a variable) and post some logs, it’d helpful. I will debug it more later today, but it seems to work for me. So strange.

luup.call_action(“urn:dlna-org:serviceId:DLNAMediaController1”, “Say”, {Text=“This is a test”, Volume=50, GroupZones=“Office”, Repeat = 1}, 1296)

But with the “1st” code it does work with the 7-9 secs delay and the 2nd or 3rd it does no audio… replacing the files with “1st” set gives bck the audio (7-9 secs delay).

please help me how to share logs… where do I enable debug log?
Edit, here:

how do I get “the logs”?

So, with the 2.0.1, you get your message immediately, but it doesn’t repeat it? Correct?

http://wiki.micasaverde.com/index.php/Logs

Scroll down to get the HTTP endpoint, if you prefer it.

EDIT: nevermind, I found a typo in the script (a space, not present on my running copy). New version online very soon.

EDIT2: it’s online

All good here working on veraplus UI7.30. No delay

1 Like

Yes! Works, super small delay of about 2-4 secs… but I think that’s “the cloud” :slight_smile:

Working well for me too! Much snappier