A fix for device auto create an delete

Thanks to a tip from forum member amg0 there is a fix for the problem with device auto create and delete that appeared with the latest Vera firmware update. I’ve made the fix in the javascript file. All of the plugin files are in the attached ZIP file. For this fix you should only need to upload the J_RFXtrx.js file. One other file has a minor change as well and this file also contains the plugin version number: L_RFXtrx.lua.

1 Like

Will it work also for manually created devices??

If a device appears in the list of RFXtrx managed devices then that device should be able to be deleted using that screen.

Already tested. Works as expected. We can again manuallly create new devices. Auto adding works are well. Great job.

hi
having the same problems with a new setup, I have installed the new files from the link and recreated the rfx in the apps menu. Now the device menu states that there is a LUA startup failure. what have I done wrong?
thanks in advance.

Update:
Well that was annoying! Reset the system then left with an unresponsive vera edge, reset that several times then it finally started working. I can confirm that the files do work and the LUA now starts and I can create devices.
Now for the next device!

Finally! Thank you for the work and effort! Works great!

Hi and tks for the plugin update. Unfortunately I am still unable to create a new device after having replaced the files L_RFXtrx.lua and J_RFXtrx.js =(

Thanks for the update!

afranquet - it might help if you provided a bit more detail about what you’re trying to do. Are you trying to use auto-create to add a device? Or are you manually adding one? What kind of device is it?

Hi,

My RFXtrx master device disappeared from my list of devices after uploading these files. The actual devices (lamps etc) that were set up previously are still working but I cannot access the RFXtrx device to add or make changes.

Any ideias? Thanks!

I suspect that you could see some errors in the log that might indicate what’s going wrong. The only other thing you might try is uploading all the files in the previous post.

Works perfectly. BIG thanks!

I tried to add manually a RFY blind. It did not appear in the RFX list of devices after creation.

Hello afranquet. I just added a RFY blind to my Vera even though I don’t actually have the device. It shows up on the Vera devices page and in the list of RFXtrx managed devices. I can only suggest that you try to look at the Vera log to try to find out what’s going wrong.

[quote=“Heber, post:10, topic:197752”]Hi,

My RFXtrx master device disappeared from my list of devices after uploading these files. The actual devices (lamps etc) that were set up previously are still working but I cannot access the RFXtrx device to add or make changes.

Any ideias? Thanks![/quote]

Same here. Anyone knoww how to get it back???

Dear all,

I replaced the 2 files as described in the first post.
However, I am still unable to remove devices in the ‘managed devices’. I shows a message ‘Vera will reload to validate the changes’ but nothing happens. Both ‘delete’ and ‘delete and prevent automatic creation’ give the same result.

I have 50 ghost devices created by the RFXtrx and I would like to get rid of these.

In the RFXtrx device Managed Devices page is AutoCreate On Or Off?
If you change this setting then leave that page and come back to it, is the setting as you left it or has it reverted on its own?
If changing the AutoCreate setting on the managed devices page isn’t working you can go to the RFXtrx device Advanced page, select the variables tab and modify the AutoCreate setting there.
You can delete the ghost devices individually on the Vera Devices page.
I’ve updated my Vera to the latest firmware on the 19th and I may be seeing some bad behavior now. I’ll be investigating.

Autocreate is off for a while (to prevent other ghost devices being created). But the problem is not there.

I also tried to delete the ghost devices on the Vera device page. Same result, it does not work.

Firmware is on the previous version of the firmware, new version of the firmware has been blocked by support apparently because there are some issues with it.

If deleting devices from the Vera devices page doesn’t work something else is wrong. The RFXtrx plugin would not have anything to do with that.
The last firmware release that I installed on the 19th appeared to be working. All of my scenes functioned properly at the programmed times. However, the messages from the RFXtrx transceiver were not being seen or processed. I restarted the Vera. It took a long time to get running but after that everything seems to work - at least for now. I’ve seen quite a few postings in the forum about the latest release causing many problems. Once again Vera’s poor quality control is wreaking havoc.
The previous release did cause problems with creating and deleting devices by the RFXtrx plugin. I made a change to resolve that issue. It works for me and has worked for others. I can only suggest that you upload all the files in my post.

Small correction to my previous post: I seem to be able to delete the devices.
For every device this takes about 15 minutes. 90% is looking at a non responsive website, 5% automatic forward to upgrade page which says no update is available (because Vera blocked it for the moment). Luckily I have some holiday coming up…