7.32 Vera Firmware - Beta Release

nah… not using this feature.

Okay, thanks. I don’t use it often so not a big problem for me but it must be fixed.

Hi guys, the Google Home issue has also been replicated and reported in our tracking system. Now, I’m not the one to say when are these issues gonna be addressed. I’ve asked about this and as soon as I have info, I’ll keep you posted.

1 Like

One would hope so, that is the purpose of a beta release is it not. But you never know with Vera. :wink:

1 Like

Its a massive problem for me if they don’t fix the Google Home voice assistant. I won’t be able to update at all to 7.32 if they don’t fix it.

Hi,

For temperature sensors I see the wrong temp units. I have the controller set for Celsius. However, I see Fahrenheit in the browser until I do a browser refresh, and in the Android App I always see F.

This is for a plugin, so not a zwave device, but on 7.31 and prior this was working as expected.

Cheers Rene

Strange, if I check the Vera Mobile app it shows Celsius, same for the Mios app. (Not sure if I have rebooted the device since I did the upgrade)

Anyone else seeing these errors on the Dashboard

I don’t see these messages, only have device not responding message (which is not a strange message to me as I have some older devices that cause these messages but work correctly).

Hi cw,

I have seen these on older releases. A luup reload will clear them. It was the reason for me to make a scene that would reload every other day. Since V7.30 I now do that once a week.

Cheers Rene

It’s there too, usually when there’s no memory available. I have a scene running when memory is under 90000, via SysMon. If I leave it as is, the Plus will become unstable and will not reboot. Same thing on the Edge, where the value is 45000.

This is on a Vera Edge

Version is 1.7.5245 (7.32)

Maybe it’s an older version.

I’ll update it with the links from this thread

EDIT:

OK now the version is 1.7.5363 (7.32)

can´t set negative offset on qubino thermostat 2 on this firmware.
getting error (typ 2dec valu) when adding -44 to parameter 110.

Strange thing happened, Google Home integration now works…
Last night my three controllers went offline, no idea why that happened but after a reboot this morning everything was fine again and Google Home seems to be working too.

I checked the qubino 3-phase smart meter as it was not implemented properly in the former firmware. It is not on the 7.32 new device list but supported now as phase meter. The overall consumtion is displayed. Not sure if the IR Switch is supported correct.

update 9.4.2021: the IR Switch is supported

I can confirm that on my Vera Edge running FW 7.32 where I exposed a single bulb device to Google Home.

I can now ask a Google Home speaker to turn that bulb on or off and it does work.

That is the extent of my testing.

Before this would not work as I previously reported.

This lends some credence to the theory that the Google Assistant problem stemmed from a backend server config and not Vera firmware per se. Which I take as a good sign.

Any other potential showstoppers out there to report, gents?

LOL, took me 9 days to figure out what “DPW” means… “Device pairing wizard”!!

Finally took the plunge upgrading from 7.31, and am happy to report a stable system thus far. More notably, 7.32 improved my Vera Plus’ “Available Memory” stat from 192k to 202k, which I consider a welcome improvement (since memory shortage is known to lead to restarts).

On the other hand, resting CPU usage seems to have increased significantly from around 0.06 to 0.20 and I’m at a loss to explain why or what Vera’s doing.

DAY TWO UPDATE: Happy to report that Vera has settled back down to her old nominal resting rate of 0.06 CPU usage, which is fine by me. Still maintaining a solid 201k of Memory Available, more than adequate for any purpose.

Any timeline for the final release?

Installed the beta fw. No problems so far.