2 switch z-wave compatible dimmer in one slot

I’m trying to replace an existing switch that has two small horizontal rockers that controls two separate lights and fits into an enclosure large enough for only a single standard-size switch with a z-wave dimmable unit. Are there any z-wave, Vera-compatible lightswitches that are small enough to fit two separate switches into a single-switch enclosure?

Leviton 2-scene controls two loads in a single-gang space. Two switches (not dimmers) and/or two scenes. I have’t seen a double dimmer.

Just to be clear, the Leviton is two switches and not two dimmers. No one makes a two dimmer unit.

Can we get a model # on that Leviton? Whenever I try to read their product catalog, I go cross-eyed with all the variants!!

Thanks.

Hey, LibraSun. it’s the VRCS2-MRX. The MR is the indication that this scene controller also switches a load (2 in this case). “X” at the end is the color designator.

VRCS2-MRX
http://www.smarthome-products.com/p-1270-leviton-vrcs2-mrx-vizia-rf-2-button-scene-controller-with-local-control-switch.aspx

VRCS2-MRZ
http://www.smarthome-products.com/p-1271-leviton-vrcs2-mrz-vizia-rf-2-button-scene-controller-with-local-control-switch.aspx

Remember these are relay devices(on-off) so you need a neutral to utilize the device

X - Includes: Almond, Ivory and White colors

Z - Includes: Light Almond, Ivory and White colors

Thanks. And… wow… these switches cost 100X as much as the dual switch they are intended to replace. Kinda of hard to justify (for me, anyway)!

Yes, they’re insanely expensive. And the Cooper devices are twice as much as the Leviton in some cases! This whole HA thing is really a rich man’s hobby. And for now I’d even say it’s a rich PROGRAMMER’S hobby. :-\

Slightly different, but related, question that maybe ASI Home can answer (if not anyone else)…

Do the 4-Scene Leviton Controllers with switch actually provide a switch or a dimmer? I realize that these scene controllers with switch require neutral connections, but wasn’t sure if the 4-scene version was like the 2-scene version for the switch itself, and I’d like to replace a standard wall switch in one of my rooms with one of these controllers, but need a swtich (i.e. a relay, not a dimmer) because the switch controls an electrical outlet.

Yes, they are switches (on/off) and not dimmers. I have one running a pump. I wish they made a dimmer version.

[quote=“slackner, post:9, topic:165146”]Slightly different, but related, question that maybe ASI Home can answer (if not anyone else)…

Do the 4-Scene Leviton Controllers with switch actually provide a switch or a dimmer? I realize that these scene controllers with switch require neutral connections, but wasn’t sure if the 4-scene version was like the 2-scene version for the switch itself, and I’d like to replace a standard wall switch in one of my rooms with one of these controllers, but need a swtich (i.e. a relay, not a dimmer) because the switch controls an electrical outlet.[/quote]

• 15A - 1800VA - 1/2 HP Motor

http://www.smarthome-products.com/p-1266-leviton-vrcs4-mrx-vizia-rf-4-scene-controller-with-local-control-switch.aspx

Resurrecting this thread from the dead:

In my kitchen I have a dual gang box with switches that control the under cabinet lights and the island lights. What I’d like to do is run both loads to a single switch in one gang and use the remaining unused line to power a scene controller in the other gang.

Is this leviton 2-scene switch really the only option out there capable of handling this scenario? This thread is nearly 7 years old: you’d think there should be more (and cheaper) options

I really wish they would lock these old threads. After 7 years, it’s time to open a new one.

To switch two loads from a single gang switch, there are to possible options on the U.S. market.

The Leviton VRCS2-MRZ Vizia RF + 2-Button Scene Controller with Switches is a single gang two button scene controller with two load switches.

The other option is to use two micro switches like the Aeon Labs DSC26103-ZWUS - Z-Wave In-Wall Micro Controller or a double relay micro switch like the Aeon Labs Aeotec DSC 17103 - ZWUS Micro Double Switch(Note the 5Amp max per switch) or the Enerwave ZWN-RSM2 Z-Wave Smart Dual Relay Switch Module(Note the 10 amp max per switch). There are similar dual relay micro switches from other manufacturers as well.

You might be able to hide the micro switches in the switch box, although you may have to replace it with a larger one, or the fixture box and you can control them control the micro switches with a standard Single Pole Duplex Switch.