zwave thermostat communicating, but not accepting new temp settings?

Anyone seen this?

We’ve got a couple of GE Zwave thermostats. They report temp correctly, and appear to accept commands, but the new temp setting doesn’t appear to ‘stick’.

For example, thermostat is set on 58. I drop it to 50, it shows a set point of 50, but the reported temp stays up at 58. An everspring thermometer confirms that the house really is that warm.

Any thoughts on how to debug this?

Ugh.

Ok – I ran a heal network, hoping that the issue was a zwave routing problem. I don’t know how to interpret the report, but next to the misbehaving stat, it says: “Configured:” and then has the circle with a slash written through it. I assume this means it’s not getting configured?

If I go to the stat and click configure, it lights up red after a few minutes and says that it failed at getting the version. Any clues on how to resolve this?

Thanks,
Jim

[quote=“jbresee, post:2, topic:170136”]Ugh.

Ok – I ran a heal network, hoping that the issue was a zwave routing problem. I don’t know how to interpret the report, but next to the misbehaving stat, it says: “Configured:” and then has the circle with a slash written through it. I assume this means it’s not getting configured?

If I go to the stat and click configure, it lights up red after a few minutes and says that it failed at getting the version. Any clues on how to resolve this?

Thanks,
Jim[/quote]
it’s a pain but when all else fails try excluding the device then re-including, you will have to re-add device to any scenes it was in

I thought about that, but I’m a couple thousand miles away. I guess a trip is in my future.

I am having something similar happen. 4 Stats in my office. 3 work fine.

The 4th is set to 56 at night, heat, auto (but doesn’t show auto on the dashboard, only “on”-another issue…). When I raise the temp to 58, the stat will shortly read 70 (and I get an SMS warning that I set). Just an FYI- the other Stats are set to 60 and hold within 1-2 degrees.

I then have to go back into the dashboard and either turn the unit to off, or reset to 56.

Any idea what might be going on here? The Stat is configured and there are no errors on polling or updating nodes.

Wonder if it’s related to jbresee’s issue…