Zwave Network On Vera Explained

Have looked at AliExpress to get direct ships from the OEM in China? I have seen a lot of European frequency devices there. I myself purchased some devices which offered multiple frequencies.

Oh there’s an idea…

Cheers

Gahh, bloody idiots have screwed their email validation and it won’t accept my email as valid :frowning:

C

@rafale77 7.31 is in beta and we hope will be officially released in not a long time and will solve all the 7.30 problems.

My question is: Will we have to run again your scripts of the first posts of this thread once the 7.31 will be installed in our controllers ?

Thanks.

No you won’t have to if you are already on 7.30 and have already run the scripts.

Thanks Rafale. Yes, we (I and my daughters) are in 7.30, Vera Edge and run your scripts weeks ago… So, less work to be done :slight_smile: .

Thanks again

10 posts were split to a new topic: Ghost Security Sensor Trips

@rafale77
I understand that in the new 7.0.31 version your code for the polling and wakeup should also be executed, but another question I do have.
Once I have added or changed several devices, I understand a network heal is adviced to be done. I don’t find any command for manual and safe doing it, so, one way I feel it can be done is reversing the code to stop the nightly heal: "luup.attr_set(“EnableNightlyHeal”,0,0) My question then is: Which parameters should be used? “1,0” “0,1” “1,1”?
Thanks for all your help.

wiki-nightlyheal

Thanks so much… note taken….

New question the “:3480” port is the one to be used or it depends of the current installation?

Thanks again

Javier

The port 3480 is built in the luup engine so yes, it is the one to use.

Perfect, Thanks so much!

Perhaps I’m not understanding the context, but shouldn’t you be using port 80 and the prefix /port_3480?

Huh… you are right. This changed at some point, now I remember… Yes the port went from an actual port to now go to 80 with a prefix.

So, which is the correct command we should use for getting the Heal on/off?

Remember that some of us are not full technical people, even not full dummies :slight_smile:
Regards

to turn off, run this in the lua code test window:

luup.attr_set(“EnableNightlyHeal”,0,0)

to turn it back on:

luup.attr_set(“EnableNightlyHeal”,1,0)

It is in @edward’s wiki link.

Thanks so much, @rafale77.

I was supposing this was the lua code test, looking at the wiki one, but I also was getting confused when talking about the url way of doing it and the port to put in it.

Thanks again.

I added this to Page Controller in ALTUI ( version in GitHub )

2 Likes

So there’s an error in Wiki?

http://ip_address:3480/data_request?id=nightlyheal&enable=1&day=7&time=23:55

Should it be

http://ip_address/port_3480/data_request?id=nightlyheal&enable=1&day=7&time=23:55

You are correct. tagging @edward. I did not author the wiki. The former url is an old one. The web server port has changed to :80 and just has a “/port_3480” suffix at some point.

Hello All -
I ran the above three suggestions and immediately saw a reduction in network traffic and less reloads as expected.

However, I have noted one thing that, while could be coincidental, is worrisome. I have a battery-operated door sensor on the “fringe” of the network. While it is near AC powered ZWave devices, it did cause me to move my controller to a more central location about a year ago to be more reliable.

Since the above, the device has become unstable sometimes not reporting to the controller on events (open/close). I can verify that it’s a communication issue where the LED stays on for a much longer time when unable to reach (or hear?) the controller. This was also learned back when I worked with this device at length.

Any ideas of where I can start looking? Back out commands? A more surgical approach?