Zwave failures

I am beyond frustrated… I am constantly troubleshooting failing zwave units. My network has about 50 devices (I have more to add but have been trying to get to a stable place first).When I run a heal I have 10 units that are now saying “unable to get any information from node”. THis changes constantly (this being my latest heal). These devices can see 20+ neighbors so it is not a zwave signal problem. It it s mixture of device types as well. Most of the leviton controllers with local loads have failed, some GE dimmers and a CA3750…

I am using Vera 3 (I rebuilt from scratch my zwave network from a Vera 2). 1.5.254. Didnt have this problem on my Vera 2.

I feel your pain…
One thing you can try is to remove power from the devices (turn the breaker Off) wait a few seconds and then restore power.

JOD.

[quote=“JOD, post:2, topic:170389”]I feel your pain…
One thing you can try is to remove power from the devices (turn the breaker Off) wait a few seconds and then restore power.

JOD.[/quote]

Thanks JOD… Do you suppose this is Vera 3 related or just random failures???

I doubt it’s a V3 issue per se.
I’m going to guess your running 3.20? If not, it’s not going to be a routing issue.

More than likely (and again another guess) you had a few units lock up internally, maybe during the heal process and it was probably the Levitons.

JOD.

[quote=“JOD, post:4, topic:170389”]I doubt it’s a V3 issue per se.
I’m going to guess your running 3.20? If not, it’s not going to be a routing issue.

More than likely (and again another guess) you had a few units lock up internally, maybe during the heal process and it was probably the Levitons.

JOD.[/quote]
Yes, Yes and Yes…
Ok now what!?

BTW I ran a heal this morning and now have 13 un-responsive devices. All my levitons… This HEAL stuff is bad…

Wondering if I should re-build my network AGAIN… Starting to feel like a Windows box…

Did you remove and re-apply the power?
Were you then able to operate those devices from the UI? Poll the node ok? If not…

Did you run a heal with “Re-configure all the devices when done”? If yes…
Check the devices are configured, If they are not, manually configure them.

JOD.

[quote=“JOD, post:6, topic:170389”]Did you remove and re-apply the power?
Were you then able to operate those devices from the UI? Poll the node ok? If not…

Did you run a heal with “Re-configure all the devices when done”? If yes…
Check the devices are configured, If they are not, manually configure them.

JOD.[/quote]

I did not yet… No on operating via the UI. And yes re-configure is checked. the devices are not configured and manually trying to configure them fails…

Right, so the heal process probably broke the configurations and or some devices have internally locked up and you get the “unable to get any information from node” because they are in a comatose state or unconfigured.

Do the recycle power routine, manually configure the devices and run a heal network only this time (I would) uncheck the box to “Re-configure all the devices when done”

See what happens…

JOD.

[quote=“JOD, post:8, topic:170389”]Right, so the heal process probably broke the configurations and or some devices have internally locked up and you get the “unable to get any information from node” because they are in a comatose state or unconfigured.

Do the recycle power routine, manually configure the devices and run a heal network only this time (I would) uncheck the box to “Re-configure all the devices when done”

See what happens…

JOD.[/quote]

Ok will try tonight…

[quote=“aschwalb, post:9, topic:170389”][quote=“JOD, post:8, topic:170389”]Right, so the heal process probably broke the configurations and or some devices have internally locked up and you get the “unable to get any information from node” because they are in a comatose state or unconfigured.

See what happens…

JOD.[/quote]

Just an FYI the heal completed moments ago and I lost 6 more devices… 16 failed devices. There must be something in the protocol that is corrupting the internal zwave chip on the nodes.

Ok will try tonight…[/quote]

Do I check ‘Only update MiOS routing (overrides other settings)’

I use 2.78 so I’ll defer comment…
Can someone chime in who uses 3.20 as to what settings to use.

JOD.

*Edit. I found this comment for 3.20. "You should also check the box “Use MiOS routing instead of Z-Wave (requires 4.5)” and “Limit neighbors to Z-Wave discovery (requries MiOS routing)”.