ZTT000 thermostat- anyone?

anyone have one?

I just hooked mine to vera and I’m having a devil of a time getting vera to control it.

Searched and saw no mention. so hoping maybe someone has one and never had an issue to post?

The ZTT000 Thermostat has been discontinued for over 3 years now - Micasaverde(Vera) probably didn’t address this device - you should probably email support and see what they say.

did already before i posted above but figured might get quick response from someone who had one already.

the one thing I dont get though is-

aren’t there standard definations of what a device can do and the device reports that to vera? Isthat theat the “command classes” listed in the literature that comes with the different hardware? and isn’t that what vera is reporting with the laundry list of numbers under “capabilities”? So how is it that they dont support a 3-5 year old device?

I could see if a new “command class” comes along so vera needs to learn what that is. But I’d bet this old as dirt thermostat has pretty much only capabilities inherent in z-wave from day 1.

will see what MCV says…

Since Vera is not that old yet (beta testing began Oct 2008) - and the device we are talking about has been off the market for over 3 years they probably didn’t think about it - may it is time to look at a new Z-Wave Thermostat as that one was on of the first Z-Wave Tstats on the market :slight_smile:

Fixed Link…

[quote=“kaldoon, post:4, topic:165495”]Since Vera is not that old yet (beta testing began Oct 2008) - and the device we are talking about has been off the market for over 3 years they probably didn’t think about it - may it is time to look at a new Z-Wave Thermostat as that one was on of the first Z-Wave Tstats on the market :slight_smile:

Fixed Link…[/quote]

why buy a new 150 plus thermostat just becasue they forgot to include the old commands that have been ther esince day 1?

(most likely becasue I have issues and already went to the rat shack it- laughing)

But seriously I dont understand why they dont support the old dog. If the commands are all stadard- how many can there really be? What others are missing? No wonder new devices give them problems. They should just include support for all 200 commands or whatever and be done with it.

ALso- it seemed that the oissue wasn’t that they didn’t know how to control the xtt, but rather they were trying to send it info it couldn’t handle. So they didn’tt seem to chack it’s capabilities and only send it the relevent commands.

no worries I have trane one now and it’s working fine. Just surprised they didn’t have support for such an old basic device. Seems it’s almost like buidling a TV today that can’t play a black and white show or something.

@michaelk, I understand your confusion. Unfortunately, even with the defined set of classes in Z-Wave protocol, there are lots of deviations, specifics and non-standard implementations from different manufacturers. Even simple devices, like light switches, have proprietary extensions and limitations… There are many examples mentioned on this forum. So, it’s no wonder MCV has to add special handling for some devices - more than you’d expect to see from devices following a given specification…