Zooz Zen17 device

Does anyone here have a Zooz Zen17 device and successfully included it into their controller in a fashion that separates the Sensors Inputs and Relays? I am looking to use the Zen17 to control my garage door. The main difference between a Zen16 and a Zen17 is that you are supposed to be able to completely separate the sensor inputs from the relays. Over on a different HA controller thread they were able do this and the device would create four child nodes. Two sensors and Two relays. I’ve been going back and forth with Zooz support and no matter what I try, based on their setting recommendations, I only get 2 child nodes, which appear to be the relays only. I’m hoping that someone here has done this and can help.

TIA

I ended up buying a HE controller and moving the Zooz Zen17 over to that hub. Configuring the device identical to the way I configured it within the Vera Plus, four child devices were properly created. I reported this to Zooz this morning. It would appear to me that their drivers or configs that get downloaded have a bug in them. The sensors report backwards on the Vera as well. The reverse sensor reporting was a bug in their firmware and has been resolved, but it would appear that it’s still a bug within Vera. I wires my reed switch as NO and it reported Closed on the Vera. When reporting to the HE hub, it reported Open, as I would have expected it to.

FYI for anyone looking to add a Zen17 to their Vera. I heard back from Zooz support tonight. They were able to replicate the issues and have now added a disclaimer to the “Works with” section for the Zen17. They also stated that due to the Vera platform being replaced by Ezlo and there’s no way to get the product integrated on the old mios platform anymore. I would expect that bugs would be able to be resolved/updated. Hopefully Ezlo will allow Zooz to get things updated.

Best Home Automation shopping experience. Shop at getvera!

© 2021 Ezlo Innovation, All Rights Reserved. Terms of Use | Privacy Policy | Forum Rules