Zone Icon Not Set and Keeping Resetting

Hi all,

I have a Vera Edge controller with the latest Sonos app version installed.
I have three Sonos ZPs: two PLAY:1’s and one PLAY:5.

All three devices work just fine but one of the two PLAY:1’s shows a generic Sonos icon not the PLAY:1 icon. I have gone into Advanced > Variables and changed the value of SonosModel from 0 to 6 which is the value that the PLAY:1 with the icon reports. After setting this, the icon changes to the correct icon for a PLAY:1 however after a minute or so, it reverts back to the default icon.

Is there any way I can make the correct icon for it as a PLAY:1 stick?

Thanks.

i also have the same issue, 5 zones, 3 play 1’s and a play Bar all except the newest Play 1 have the correct icons. the newest was purchased in November.

wondering if this is because of changes to new hardware.

OK i believe i am right, if i look at the properties of my Sonos’s which have the correct logo when clicking on properties in windows explorer on my pc i see in the Model Number S1, however on the newest Play 1 this shows as S12 indicating its a second revision of the Play 1

ok i have fixed this for my play 1

the I_Sonos1.xml file contains the following entry

elseif (values.modelNumber == “S1”) then
model = 6
end

i just added a new section beneath this that says

elseif (values.modelNumber == “S12”) then
model = 6
end

presumably that will be the same for the new Sonos 5 and 3 which by the rationale of the S1 would be called S32 and S52 but i dont have the devices so cannot check, but for those who do can you check so we can get the sonos plugin actually updated with these new versions.

[quote=“fuzzysb, post:4, topic:195012”]ok i have fixed this for my play 1

the I_Sonos1.xml file contains the following entry

elseif (values.modelNumber == “S1”) then
model = 6
end

i just added a new section beneath this that says

elseif (values.modelNumber == “S12”) then
model = 6
end

presumably that will be the same for the new Sonos 5 and 3 which by the rationale of the S1 would be called S32 and S52 but i dont have the devices so cannot check, but for those who do can you check so we can get the sonos plugin actually updated with these new versions.[/quote]

Have just checked Windows Explorer the same as you and correct, one of my PLAY:1 devices reads S1 and the other reads S12, nice find. Are there device configuration files for the PLAY:Connect as I’m thinking about buying one of these and would like to work properly too.

Nice find,

Is this plugin still being supported? It would be great to have it updated.