Zigbee dongle

Hi, is it exist zig bee usb dongle for vera Edge?

No, it is not just having a dongle. It is also having a driver for it on linux. I only know of one zigbee USB dongle and it combines zwave and zigbee.

Hello,

there is ZiGate : https://zigate.fr/

If you want to use it on the Vera, you can use my plugin : GitHub - vosmont/Vera-Plugin-ZiGateGateway: (Deprecated) ZiGate gateway for the Vera

Vosmont, looks very impressive, really good. I was not aware of this option, good to know it exists. So I can look into Zigbee alternatives for the lights.

very nice indeed. Not available everywhere though. It’s a French company. I might actually get one of these.

If any USA sources for this zigate zigbee adapter come available I would be interested. I see someone on ebay US selling these for $125, isn’t that about 100% markup?

It’s unbelievable that the Vera Plus with built in zigbee seems to be so poorly supported, and that ZiGate seems to be the only solution. It a nonsense… is there any comment from Vera?

As I wrote in many other threads, I am afraid that even if mcv wanted to add all these profiles to support devices, the hardware would not be able to follow. The CPU, DRAM and flash storage are very limited and are at the source of many problems people are reporting here. If you plan on just having a handful of devices the vera is fine but once you start growing the system, it just won’t cut it. One solution could be to go with multiple controllers but then why would you want to run multiple interconnected zwave network meshes and zigbee meshes when you know that a larger mesh is more reliable? Anyway, I am planning to move to the Zigate on Openluup, and likely move to something else for zwave. I could help bring a few back for members here if people are interested when I go visit in September. I already ordered mine and my brother received it promptly in Paris.

Not sure if it will work with Vera (haven’t tried)

There’s the ConBee that is a USB stick that supports Zigbee (ZLL and ZHA) from the deCONZ project, they also have RaspBee for rpi.

Doesn’t ZigBee use WiFi signal channels? Does it interfere with 2.4GHz WiFi?

Yes except for Zigbee channel 26 which is outside of the US wifi spectrum.

[quote=“vosmont, post:3, topic:198048”]Hello,

If you want to use it on the Vera, you can use my plugin : https://github.com/vosmont/Vera-Plugin-ZiGateGateway[/quote]

Hello vosmont

Thank you for this contribution of zigate.

I have purchased a zigate and I am trying to integrate with my vera edge. Several other USA vera users are having the same issue I am having. We are hoping you can offer some help.

The ZIGATE app does install and can be accessed from both the VERA and ALTUI interface. The problem is that zigbee devices are not showing in the vera after using the inclusion function. I have followed the guidance from both the zigate.fr site (using google translate from French to English), and also followed the instruction from the read.me at github. Here are some additional details:

[ul][li]I used TESTGUI to test the zigate with my zigbee device, the result was successful[/li]
[li]I have manually installed the files from github, and also installed ALT APP Store and installed zigate from there. When I used ALT APP Store the result indicated SUCCESS
[/li][li]I configured the serial port on my vera as instructed[/li]
[li]When I start INCLUSION from ALTUI, the zigate blue LED changes from solid blue to slow blinking blue, when I power on my zigbee device the zigate blue LED blinds fast and then changes to solid blue
[/li]
[li]After the zigate LED returned solid blue, the zigbee device (a Sengled E11-G13 zigbee HA certified lamp) blinked 3 times[/li]
[li]I also tried with a zigbee water sensor, with the same results[/li]
[li]No errors are reported in the APP Error window[/li][/ul]

The ALTUI window for Discovered Devices reads “There’s no discovered ZiGate device.” It appears the zigate is communicating with both the vera and the zigbee device but with some error.

Can you offer any recommendations for me or the other USA users? Please let me know if you need additional information about my setup.

Again, thank you for any help you can offer.

@Vosmont,

I have tested the same thing on openLuup and though I can see that the plugin is communicating with the dongle, that it goes into inclusion mode, it also includes the device (my devices stop blinking when included), they do not show up at all on the plugin. As markcm reported, no error and no new device reported. I tested 3 different types of devices all with the same result.

The Plugin is very immature. I now upgraded to v1.3 in the development branch and it is able to report discovered devices but is unable to “learn” i.e. configure them. The plugin doesn’t allow you to select the device discovered…

[quote=“markcm, post:12, topic:198048”][quote=“vosmont, post:3, topic:198048”]Hello,

If you want to use it on the Vera, you can use my plugin : https://github.com/vosmont/Vera-Plugin-ZiGateGateway[/quote]

Hello vosmont

Thank you for this contribution of zigate.

I have purchased a zigate and I am trying to integrate with my vera edge. Several other USA vera users are having the same issue I am having. We are hoping you can offer some help.

The ZIGATE app does install and can be accessed from both the VERA and ALTUI interface. The problem is that zigbee devices are not showing in the vera after using the inclusion function. I have followed the guidance from both the zigate.fr site (using google translate from French to English), and also followed the instruction from the read.me at github. Here are some additional details:

[ul][li]I used TESTGUI to test the zigate with my zigbee device, the result was successful[/li]
[li]I have manually installed the files from github, and also installed ALT APP Store and installed zigate from there. When I used ALT APP Store the result indicated SUCCESS
[/li][li]I configured the serial port on my vera as instructed[/li]
[li]When I start INCLUSION from ALTUI, the zigate blue LED changes from solid blue to slow blinking blue, when I power on my zigbee device the zigate blue LED blinds fast and then changes to solid blue
[/li]
[li]After the zigate LED returned solid blue, the zigbee device (a Sengled E11-G13 zigbee HA certified lamp) blinked 3 times[/li]
[li]I also tried with a zigbee water sensor, with the same results[/li]
[li]No errors are reported in the APP Error window[/li][/ul]

The ALTUI window for Discovered Devices reads “There’s no discovered ZiGate device.” It appears the zigate is communicating with both the vera and the zigbee device but with some error.

Can you offer any recommendations for me or the other USA users? Please let me know if you need additional information about my setup.

Again, thank you for any help you can offer.[/quote]

I have a similar experience with the difference that I live in Sweden and thus, have an EU version of Vera.
When trying to include the device in UI7 the blue led doesn’t start blinking. I have tried this both on a Vera Plus and also on an older Vera Edge that I also have but don’t use anymore.

I did a complete reset of the Edge and also installed ALTUI and tried from there with a little bit more success. The blue led now starts blinking by no device is included. The device I try to include is IKEA Tr?dfri plugin switch for the power outlet.

Any advice would be greatly appreciated!

I have completely given up on Zigate and moved on. There are better solutions on the market: Hubitat with the external dongle. Home assistant and then Vera Plus which I have also made work with an external dongle.

I had the same experience, the blue led didn`t start blinking. My fix was to set the port setting to 3481 in the serial port config.

Hi @rafale77,

What setup is required to be performed with a veraplus? Could you elaborate on the details?

Thanks
Tony

1. You have to use a dongle which uses the same stack as the vera native hardware. It is a Silicon Lab/Embernet chip so you can just use one of the available dongles. Mine was a Go Control HUSBZB. The same combo stick as hubitat.
  2. I just plugged it into my vera and found its serial com port. For that stick it is /dev/ttyUSB1. The vera UI does unfortunately not allow you to change the serial port for zigbee the same way it does for zwave.
  3. So I had to overwrite it by modifying it directly in my user-data.json which you need to decompress and edit manually. I later discovered that you can actually modify this with ALTUI by going into the device table. Find the zigbee device and change the variable ComPort. I am currently running my vera entirely off of USB… No need for any plugin.

Hi,

Just wondering, if I buy this module, would it allow a Philips hue tap to work natively in a veraplus?

Thanks,again.