Zigbee devices

Anyone try regular Zigbee devices with Ezlo Plus? If yes, any issues before I purchase some.

I have the Ezlo Secure and currently all of my Zigbee devices keep losing communication. Also whenever I do a battery change on my window sensors they get deleted from the system and have to be added again. I have been told that the next firmware update will fix everything though.

Thanks for response, I hope it does.

Hi @rlargent, we are checking this issue now.
Can we make a session to get logs from your hub?
Sent you a message in PM.

You may take a look but please see request (258378) before spending any time on this. I was told that the Zigbee problem is a known issue. The fix is supposed to be included in the firmware release currently in beta. Is there any time frame for the expected release of the next firmware update for Ezlo Secure?

@rlargent

Did your situation improve?

Yesterday I added some Centralite Zigbee devices which were all working fine. However today they have just stopped working it seems.

For example I added a Door contact sensor and a motion sensor and today neither of them work and trip, but after I paired them yesterday they were initially working OK.

@Oleh Any news on why Zigbee devices seem to stop working and lose comms ?

Thanks

I sold my hub and left the platform. Now I have hubitat and everything works great.

So why are you still on Ezlo Community? Yes Ezlo is having growing pains and Yes I’m sure many of use thought about changing (I know I have) But they seem to be moving forward and making it better, when that stops I Leave.

2 Likes

Thought it was only fair to say that my Zigbee devices all failing seemed to be related to a bad internal test version firmware update the Devs did on my Ezlo Plus.

I got a new Ezlo Plus hub out of the box and switched all my Zigbee devices to that hub instead, re-pairing them all which was a few weeks ago and touch wood they have all remained working OK.

I’ve never really used Zigbee devices before other than Hue lights on the Hue Bridge, as Vera hubs never worked that well with Zigbee devices.

But the 5 or so Zigbee devices I now have paired to this new Ezlo Plus hub are currently working well.

They are all Centralite brand however which Ezlo owns.

This new Ezlo Plus hub has since auto updated itself to a newer publicly released firmware version OK without issues or any issues to the paired Zigbee devices and the new hub is now also enrolled in the “beta” firmware updates.

My “live” production hub running 95% of my devices, is still and will remain to be my trusty old Vera Plus running Vera firmware, its rock solid now and has been for some time and I am not even running the 7.32 beta firmware, I’m still on 7.31.

I expect it could be a year or more before I would attempt to migrate all my many Z-Wave devices over to a new Ezlo hub. I am not in a rush to migrate or fix what isn’t broken, especially whilst we have MSR and whilst Meshbots and their wider Web GUI is still being developed and needs yet to catch up to Vera UI7 Web GUI.

Others may want to switch sooner and likely can with more basic setups and new users will obviously not know about old Vera hubs now.

I may consider it more seriously when Ezlo fix the issues of adding an Ezlo hub as a secondary controller to the primary Vera hub.