Z Wave Extender

I am considering adding some window/door sensors to my current Ezlo Plus system. I am a little concerned that some of the devices maybe outside the Ezlo Plus controllers’ range, so I was thinking of adding a Z Wave extender.

I was thinking about the Aeotec Range Extender 7 it states it is compatible with Vera UI7, Will this work with the Ezlo Plus? I did not see an extender listed in the add device page in the app

One idea would be to buy a second ezlo hub…(of course it requires more money)

Reason is: Very soon, we will be creating a capability where our hubs will operate as a “group”… (as one)…
You will be able to create a MeshBot that will run in HubA that will control a device in HubB etc…
it will also give you extension not with just Zwave…but zigbee too (as well as wifi and BLE for devices).

That is what I am doing personally in my home getting ready for this capability.

1 Like

So in that kind of setup you would pair devices to the closest Ezlo controller hub? Based upon their location within the house etc.

correct… …

To answer the original question the Aeotec Range Extenders are listed on the device compatibility site here.

1 Like

@cw-kid, @melih

I was talking about the mobile app, I dont see a zwave extender listed there when I select add device

But if it is a compatible device then I should be able to use scan the Q code to add the device

I understand the reasoning for using a second hub. But, I just need to boost a zwave signal for the window sensors, since a couple of them will be about 18 feet away and on the other side of a wall and from I have experienced with my Ezlo Plus, it doesnt have that type of range.

I am not very savvy when it comes to all this creating meshbots, etc on the web version. That is why I actually preferred the old vera website, it was more user friendly for non-tech people like myself.

I’m not sure if all “officially” supported devices actually get a device setup wizard or an individual device listing in the app when searching for that device? @BenjaminB please can you confirm.

Just add it as a Generic Z-Wave device if the QR code thing doesn’t work.

Try using the keyword “Aeon” as well as “Aeotec” when searching in the actual Vera mobile app. I can see some range extender devices listed but not all of them that were listed on the device compatibility website however.

DSD37 -Z-Wave Extender Repeater
ZW117 - Aeotec Range Extender 6

@BenjaminB Please can you confirm why this is?

Thanks

oh, actually its very intuitive and very easy to use…The only thing you have to understand that:

There are “Triggers” and “Actions”…

Triggers are: When something should happen (at a specific date or on some activity of a device)…
Actions: are what to do when this trigger happens…

Look at one of my MeshBots… where i turn on few of my lights 1 hour before sunset: (EZLogic will guide you what to choose as you select things…it is easy to use) (just start by selecting “Date and Time” and let the system guide you)

They are supported and are compatible. I’m using a couple of Aeotec Range Extender 7 with Ezlo Linux hub(s). My goal was to repeat z-wave commands sent to battery-operated actuators to improve reliability (i.e. repeat after wakeup). Setup was easy, and straight-forward.

2 Likes

@melih

Ok,
So if I wanted the door lock to notify me via email or push through the app when a specific access code is entered into my door lock. How would I do that? I was playing with the meshBot screen and it didnt appear to be something as simple as selecting a user code and clicking on notify, like it was when I was using the Vera web version

yes…this is coming…
what is also coming: QR code…(so you can create a QR code and any camera connected to Ezlo can read it and you can control your Doorlock with that)…

1 Like