Yamaha Network Control Alias Plugin

I would like to be able to set Zone2 Presets for Sirius XM Internet Radio. Also I get the following error in the log when I try to set to SiriusXM. Zone2PowerOn and Zone2Vol work.

08 02/10/14 17:50:10.109 JobHandler_LuaUPnP::HandleActionRequest device: 23 service: urn:ynca-com:serviceId:Receiver1 action: Zone2InputSiriusInternetRadio <0x2d01f680>
50 02/10/14 17:50:10.138 luup_log:23: YamahaReceiver: Error: @UNDEFINED <0x2da4c680>
01 02/10/14 17:50:10.138 LuaInterface::CallFunction-2 lu_incoming failed [string “…”]:768: attempt to perform arithmetic on local ‘commandDelimiter’ (a nil value) <0x2da4c680>

I would like to develop a plug in for Pioneer receivers, any chance of getting source for the Yamaha one?

Thanks

I wanted to chime in with this thread as my first post. I purchased a Yamaha RX-V677 today and installed the app. It seems to be working perfectly with Vera on the controller. I haven’t got a chance to setup a scene yet. You may already know the information as I haven’t got a chance to read this thread yet. Choosing the yamaha receiver on the mobile app causes it to crash. I have an iPhone 5s and tried restarting the phone. Also, I would love to see a way to select zone 2. I plan to install ceiling speakers in the bedroom in the future. I’m envisioning adding Phillips Hue lights and creating a scene to turn the lights up gradually and playing soft music to wake up me and the wife. Please don’t take this as a complaint, just some feedback. I’m not a programmer but am a network engineer. Let me know if I can do anything to help.

[quote=“Reliance, post:62, topic:174366”]I would like to develop a plug in for Pioneer receivers, any chance of getting source for the Yamaha one?

Thanks[/quote]

3 out of the 4 files that make the plugin are XML, which you can easily view in any text editor. The final one is a JSON file for which there are plenty of viewers (Firefox plugin) or editors available. Even online (http://www.jsoneditoronline.org/). So downloading the plugin basically also gives you the source.

Thank you very much for this app, I have a Yamaha HTR-4065 and just installed the app, I have GUI 6 when I’m in advanced setting I can control the receiver with the app. But when I’m in normal mode GUI6, I can see the receiver and the buttons, but the buttons are inactive.
Any idea what’s going on?
Thanks

This is because the app would need to be updated for UI6. This is the case for many of the plugins / apps as they are designed for UI5.

• Garrett

[quote=“garrettwp, post:66, topic:174366”]This is because the app would need to be updated for UI6. This is the case for many of the plugins / apps as they are designed for UI5.

• Garrett[/quote]

Thank you Garrett,

Hopefully UI7 will be out soon…

I keep getting “Device not ready”. What am I doing wrong?

Thanks.

Did you switch on the Yamaha device you set the network standby mode on? If not, the unit won’t respond to any commands coming over the network. Especially not an ON command. Unfortunately without a more detailed description of the issue, that’s all I can thing off. Another issue would be you not specifying the IP address for the Yamaha receiver correctly. Or you are using one of the really new models that don’t play well with the plugin. In this case I’d suggest to try the HTTP plugin for Yamaha that someone made. It’s late and I got to go to work early in the AM so I leave the forum search for that to the interested reader. :slight_smile:

Got it working. Updated it.

what did you do to get it working? I have the rx-z7 and am having trouble getting it to work.

I was using the Yamaha Plugin on the Vera 3 (UI5), and I upgraded (or so I think) to Vera Edge (UI7). Now my plugin doesn’t work! I deleted it and re-installed. I get the error message: “Cant Detect Device”. I am including a scree shot of my Advance settings page. As you can see, I added the ip address.

What am I missing?

@ Mudd : did you get it to work?

Yes, I did. I reset my vera and the error went away.