Yamaha Network Control Alias Plugin

Request:

I have the HTR-7065.

Can you please add Zone2InputAV5 and AV6?

Thanks

Background: here’s a link to the HTR-7065 manual - the RX-V673 also uses these inputs for its Zone 2:

https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/11740993/HTR-7065_6065_Manual_English.pdf

which says: “To listen to the playback of an external device in Zone2, you need to connect the device to the AUDIO jacks (AV 5,6 or AUDIO 1,2 jacks) of the unit”

You should be able to mod the code yourself: UI5–>Apps–>Devop Apps–>Luup files and download “I_YamahaReceiver1.xml” - make a copy of it just in case. Search for this section in that file:

<action> <name>Zone2InputAV4</name> <serviceId>urn:ynca-com:serviceId:Receiver1</serviceId> <run>sendCommand({"ZONE2", "INP", "AV4"})</run> </action> INSERT EXTRA STUFF HERE <action> <name>Zone2InputAudio1</name> <serviceId>urn:ynca-com:serviceId:Receiver1</serviceId> <run>sendCommand({"ZONE2", "INP", "AUDIO1"})</run> </action>

and after the FIRST line that contains “” (see above) insert the following using a text only editor - its the same as the action section above but with AV4 changed to AV5 and then AV6:

<action> <name>Zone2InputAV5</name> <serviceId>urn:ynca-com:serviceId:Receiver1</serviceId> <run>sendCommand({"ZONE2", "INP", "AV5"})</run> </action> <action> <name>Zone2InputAV6</name> <serviceId>urn:ynca-com:serviceId:Receiver1</serviceId> <run>sendCommand({"ZONE2", "INP", "AV6"})</run> </action>

Likewise, you need these matching changes to the file “S_YamahaReceiver1.xml” as well:

<action><name>Zone2InputAV4</name></action> INSERT EXTRA STUFF HERE <action><name>Zone2InputAudio1</name></action>

Insert the following:

<action><name>Zone2InputAV5</name></action> <action><name>Zone2InputAV6</name></action>

Upload the modified files and do a couple Vera restarts with the AV RX powered up and connected. I haven’t tried this - so at your own risk, as I may have missed something.

Thank you.

But if I mod the code myself will it get overwritten if there is ever an update?

The plugin is manually installed - so from then on, all changes have to be manually done. If sometime in the future, the plugin was released to the MIOS Store, you would have to delete your current Yamaha device and reinstall from the device from the MIOS store. You would then get any updates automatically.

Hello,

First of all, thank you very much for the plugin, this is awesome !
I have a yamaha RX-V771 and it works like a charm to start my yamaha or to change the input.

However, it seems that the other functions I tried (modifying the volume) are not working.

How did you do to figure out the sendCommand functions prototypes ? I would like to find the volume functions I should try to implement for my device.

Thank you very much in advance for your help.

Anything the plugin doesn’t understand when it queries the AV receiver, should get a mention in the log file. Once you have a list, you can work from there:

http://forum.micasaverde.com/index.php/topic,13735.msg118664.html#msg118664

Anyone tested this with a RX-675?

Got one in the mail and curious if this would work. Would be fun to test the second zone feature possible with a squeezebox input. For announcements/alarms/doorbell outside under patio.

dgdev, great job, you can add the RX-S600, for instance, just tested the OFF function, mute, +5db -5db.
The only problem I have is in the display: I have on the left button ON and TUNER on the same button.
And in the scene, I cannot select DAB source.

Thanks!

chris

[quote=“a-lurker, post:32, topic:174366”]This appears to be a Vera wide problem. If you break a net connection eg unplug the LAN cable to a device or turn the device power off and then on again, the net connection is not re-established by the software. The only way to get it to work (in this case) is to turn on the Yamaha RX and restart the Vera Luup engine.

There appears to be no luup.io.close() function, so you cannot close the connection and open a new one. If you try and open a new connection with luup.io.open() you get an error in the log file, saying there is already an open connection but unfortunately it appears you can no longer access it. If any one knows how to handle this I would love to know how it’s done. However, I suspect this is a well know problem that has not be addressed by MCV. Should probably check the bug reports. I get the same problem with an iTach GC100. If you lose power, you permanently lose the LAN connection till the next restart - it’s a major hassle and a major flaw.

Just on the “Lua Failure Lua Failure Lua Failure Lua Failure Lua”. If you leave it for a while this string becomes huge as the “Lua Failure” is concatenated with the existing string each time. That is each time the function keepAlive finds the connection dead; then every 30 seconds the string gets extended. Long term this could could be a Vera failure point?

EDIT:
Unplug the LAN cable to a device: the connection will re-establish when the cable is plugged back in - while it’s unplugged Vera will detect errors.

Hopefully this fix will improve matters for when a device is actually powered on/off: http://bugs.micasaverde.com/view.php?id=2282[/quote]

Hi, still no way to handle this error ont the plugin side? I’m not developper, but isn’t it there a function like in VB “On error goto…” in order to bypass the error?

Update, Yamaha RX-675 all working heaps of commands show up once i figured out you have to create the device with the implementation files. Should have no problem making some groovy scenes. :slight_smile:

For completions sake would be nice to have a device GUI. Maybe something to look at if we ever get UI6 - 7.

Many Thanks Developer
Javelin

Hello all,

Thank you for the plugin!

I am trying to get my RX-V673 to start/stop music from an inserted USB drive. I can turn on/off my receiver and even switch to the USB input but can’t actually get music playing(using only this plugin). When you switch to USB, it shows you a list of tracks on the drive and you have to select one to get it playing.

For my purposes, I would just like to be able to trigger a random order performance which I think I could do with the following steps:

1. turn receiver on
  2. select usb input
  3. select whichever song comes up first (always the same)
  4. Forward to the next track which should be random as I have the “Random” and “Repeat All” settings engaged which seem to persist throughout off/on cycles.

I think what I am asking is if there is any way to trigger the “select” command and the “forward to next track” command using this plugin.

It seems like being able to trigger a random playlist from a usb stick would be a pretty popular feature, so I thought I would make the request/ask the question.

Thank you!!!

I Just installed this plugin Thank you very much for making this!

One little issue with the Yamah RX-A830

The volume button on the dashboard/GUI doesn’t work, (on-off works fine) , but when I change volume I get a pop-up saying “not implemented”.

When I change the volume via a scene-advanced ,it works fine. It is not a big deal, just to let you know.

many thanks,
Cor

A Question for this plugin.

I have a sonos system at home and a sonos connect attached the the Yamaha RX-A830.
Normally I use the Yamaha to play music during the day (audio1) and in the evening when I watch a movie HDMI1 or HDMI2

I use my sonos system to play sounds like a doorbell sound., It groups all my sonos devices , play a sound and than go back to the previous state, that is ,playing music with the previous volume , or nothing/stop

For the sonos connect, attached to the Yamaha reciever it is the same, it groups , go to volume 75 play a sound , degroup and go to previous state. BUT , it needs the Yamaha receiver to make the sound audible.

So I made in the scene “play doorbell sound”:
-yamaha reciever > system on
-volume -20
-main input audio 1

• sonos alert: , group , set volume , play the sound, degroup.

Is there a way to go back to the previous state of the Yamaha receiver?
If I am watching a movie , go back to previous volume and input, if I am listening radio just go back to previous volume. When the receiever was previously off/standby , switch it back to off/standby.

I hope there is a solution for this , may thanks,
Cor

You would probably have to use some Lua code and a Virtual container plugin. Set up some variables in the Virtual container:
Volume
Input
Power

and then at the start of the scene get the current AVR status by reading the state variables from the Yamaha AVR (see Advanced Tab):
MainVolume
MainInput
MainPower

At the end of the scene write them back out to the AVR using the AVR services to restore the previous status. If you get it all working please post your code!!

Pfffff… :o

The Problem is , I have no idea how to write something in Lua :frowning: ???

I’m a Lua beginner and managed to find the files, install them with visible controls and added the IP and MAC address but I’m getting the message “ERROR : Error in lua for scenes and events” and “Lua failure Lua failure Lua failure Lua” below the device box. I did not add anything to the “Edit Startup Lua” text box does this remain empty? Can someone please post the correct installation procedure to help ensure that I’ve followed the correct steps. Many thanks, looking forward to starting some Lua programming.

Luabeginner, this is a bug when your ampli is OFF and the “Wake on lan” is not enabled on your ampli. So do you have the same error when your ampli is ON?

If anybody is interested I added Pandora as an input option. I’ve tested this on my RX-V671. Didn’t realize the input names were case sensitive on the receiver, it took a little trial and error.

Thanks for creating this plugin, its great to be able to get the status of my receiver and now start playing music on it too.

Is there any chance the plugin could be made so we can enter our own YNCA commands when creating a scene?

I suppose that wouldn’t be too hard. I’ll try to add that over the next couple day, I haven’t had much time to work on this over the last few weeks. You’ll need to know the proper syntax for entering commands though. Is there anything specific you wanted that isn’t there?

Take a look at the new thread here: http://forum.micasaverde.com/index.php/topic,18469.0.html

I’ve taken over development since dgdev has not worked on it for some time.