Yamaha Network Control Alias Plugin 2.0

Hello - Ubernoob here. Just setup my Veralite on Wednesday and added Yamaha app today. Just wanted to say thanks for the work that you are doing on it.

[quote=“Cor, post:60, topic:178312”]Awesome! working perfectly :slight_smile:

Do you have allready any luck with saving the settings and restoring settings for a scene?

Thanks a lot,
Cor[/quote]

I haven’t had a chance to play with this yet, but I do plan on adding it in the future. I’ll start picking up development again after the holidays.

I’ve had a couple members reach out to help me with various parts of this plugin. I welcome the help and if anybody contributes anything I’m happy to incorporate it. I’ll try to give credit where it’s due.

thanks joey, works perfectly with RX-S600 Good job!

Any chance you could add a function to scroll through tuner presets?

The receiver has built in commands to scroll up and down through tuner presets. I’ll add them to the plugin.

The receiver has built in commands to scroll up and down through tuner presets. I’ll add them to the plugin.[/quote]

Thanks

Ok, I’ve updated the plugin with some new actions for tuner control. You’ll find the updated files in the first post.

[i]TunerPreset <!-- Preset Number must be an integer from 1 to 40 -->
TunerPresetUp
TunerPresetDown
TunerFMUp
TunerFMDown
TunerFMAutoUp
TunerFMAutoDown		
TunerFMStation <!-- Station Number must be an integer from 8750 to 10790, Step: 20 -->
TunerAMUp
TunerAMDown
TunerAMAutoUp
TunerAMAutoDown
TunerAMStation <!-- Station Number must be an integer from 530 to 1710, Step: 10 -->
TunerSelectFM
TunerSelectAM[/i]

Hey joey52685, thanks for the sweet plugin!

This was the weekend that I discovered the plugin for Sonos and also the plugin for my RX-A1000. It’s almost like Christmas all over again!

I had been drooling over my dad’s Control4 house, wishing that my Vera system had audio integration. Now thanks to you guys, I’ve got it! This will keep me busy for many weekends to come.

Thanks again.

Ok, I’ve updated the plugin with some new actions for tuner control. You’ll find the updated files in the first post.

TunerPresetUp
TunerPresetDown
TunerFMUp
TunerFMDown
TunerFMAutoUp
TunerFMAutoDown		
TunerFMStation <!-- Station Number must be an integer from 8750 to 10790, Step: 20 -->
TunerAMUp
TunerAMDown
TunerAMAutoUp
TunerAMAutoDown
TunerAMStation <!-- Station Number must be an integer from 530 to 1710, Step: 10 -->
TunerSelectFM
TunerSelectAM[/i][/quote]

Thanks again. Not working for me. I created 2 scenes with just TunerPresetUp in one & TunerPresetDown in the other. What am I missing?

Just a note, on the Status tab, it shows the volume setting after Main Power: rather than an Off or On status. Not sure if that’s intended.

TunerPresetUp
TunerPresetDown
TunerFMUp
TunerFMDown
TunerFMAutoUp
TunerFMAutoDown		
TunerAMUp
TunerAMDown
TunerAMAutoUp
TunerAMAutoDown
TunerSelectFM

Thanks again. Not working for me. I created 2 scenes with just TunerPresetUp in one & TunerPresetDown in the other. What am I missing?[/quote]

Huh, it’s working for me. The receiver is already on and set to the Tuner? What model is your receiver?

Yeah, I knew about that. Nothing after “model” displays correctly. Haven’t put any time into figuring that one out yet.

TunerPresetUp
TunerPresetDown
TunerFMUp
TunerFMDown
TunerFMAutoUp
TunerFMAutoDown		
TunerAMUp
TunerAMDown
TunerAMAutoUp
TunerAMAutoDown
TunerSelectFM

Thanks again. Not working for me. I created 2 scenes with just TunerPresetUp in one & TunerPresetDown in the other. What am I missing?[/quote]

Huh, it’s working for me. The receiver is already on and set to the Tuner? What model is your receiver?[/quote]

I’ll try again. It was already on tuner & powered on. RX-A3010

TunerPresetUp
TunerPresetDown
TunerFMUp
TunerFMDown
TunerFMAutoUp
TunerFMAutoDown		
TunerAMUp
TunerAMDown
TunerAMAutoUp
TunerAMAutoDown
TunerSelectFM

Huh, it’s working for me. The receiver is already on and set to the Tuner? What model is your receiver?[/quote]

I’ll try again. It was already on tuner & powered on. RX-A3010[/quote]

Not working. I have the list of options as you describe. I’m just making a scene with TunerPresetUp as the function with nothing else and it won’t work when I’m already in the tuner. Maybe I should try reloading the files?

Yes, I’ve done the same. The commands appear to be the same for your model unless I’m missing something. Can you try some of the other tuner actions?

@joey52685

I would like to make a few mods to suit my RX-V673. If I get the most recent version from your first post (2.5), make the mods, test and post back here - will that work for you or have you already modified Ver 2.5 significantly? Or do you see another way this can be accomplished?

[quote=“a-lurker, post:76, topic:178312”]@joey52685

I would like to make a few mods to suit my RX-V673. If I get the most recent version from your first post (2.5), make the mods, test and post back here - will that work for you or have you already modified Ver 2.5 significantly? Or do you see another way this can be accomplished?[/quote]

As long as it doesn’t break existing functionality I’ll do my best to incorporate any changes you make.

Have attached updated file:

The majority of changes can be identified by searching for “RX-V673 addition”. One of my prime aims was to keep the log noise to a minimum. In particular I have added a dummy function called “handleServer” to do same. It get invokes when a media server is being used via the “Net” button (not all models).

I’ve added a variable called “YAMAHA_MODEL” that can be used to include or exclude functionality as needed. So for example I noticed that you had in function “keepAlive” zones two & three commented out. I have a zone 2 but not a zone three - so I have used this variable to identify this case. Please check if this will work for you. It may not; as zone two has been uncommented out but by using you model number it could be coded out as I have done for zone three. The logic could also be reversed ie assume all models only have a zone 1; then include the exceptions that have a zone two and then the exceptions for those that have a zone three - hope that makes sense.

My editor has also removed trailing white space on a lot of lines.

The code has been tested and works OK here.

Yes, I’ve done the same. The commands appear to be the same for your model unless I’m missing something. Can you try some of the other tuner actions?[/quote]

Yes, this is how I created it as well. Worked perfect with volume control. Will try to work on it again tonight. By the way, how do you guys print just that window for display in the forum? When I do alt-print screen I get the window plus the background.

There’s a few options, but I like Greenshot for taking screenshots. That way I don’t have to go back and crop them later. If you have Windows 7/8 you can also use the built in Snipping Tool.