Yamaha Network Control Alias Plugin 2.0

I read that the receiver needs 100 milliseconds between commands. You can try it without the delays it won’t do any harm.[/quote]

Gotcha. My A3010 does have inherent delays, so that makes sense.

Don’t forget Party Mode…

Party options are already available:

<action><name>SystemPartyOn</name></action>
<action><name>SystemPartyOff</name></action>
<action><name>SystemPartyVolUp</name></action>
<action><name>SystemPartyVolDown</name></action>
<action><name>SystemPartyMuteOn</name></action>
<action><name>SystemPartyMuteOff</name></action>

[quote=“garrettwp, post:5, topic:178312”]I wanted to chime in and say that part of this is wrong. You should use the standard service types as much as possible. For the service id to set the volume it should be this:

<action>
<serviceId>urn:upnp-org:serviceId:RenderingControl</serviceId>
<name>SetVolume</name>
<run>
    sendCommand({"MAIN", "VOL", lul_settings.DesiredVolume ..".0"})
</run>
</action>

I suggest that you look at the Sonos or the Squeezebox plugin for some pointers on the service types for media / av control.

You’ll also want to add this to your xml:

<service>
    <serviceType>urn:schemas-upnp-org:service:RenderingControl:1</serviceType>
    <serviceId>urn:upnp-org:serviceId:RenderingControl</serviceId>
    <SCPDURL>S_RenderingControl1.xml</SCPDURL>
</service>
  • Garrett[/quote]

It is not wrong there are many ways to control volume. A lot of plugins use the slider and volume the same way I do. There are many ways to implement the slider and both work. If it works then use it.

I set up a Scene to turn my tuner on Monday through Friday when the motion sensor outside my bedroom is triggered however, it is unclear how I can limit this to a time frame, example only between 5AM and 6AM. Can I do this or do I need PLEG?

You can set up schedules pretty easily with PLEG, so I would stick with that.

Just a Thankyou for updating this plugin.

Got my outside speakers, zone 2 turning on in sync with squeezeplayer running on headphone output on my new I5 nuc with 3 scenes.

1st Scene to turn receiver off when squeezeplayer playing state is stopped.

2nd scene to turn receiver on when squeezeplayer playing state is playing.

3rd Scene to send stop after 10 minutes, when squeeze player state is paused. This allows for pausing of playback without turning receiver zone off all the time and phone calls with pause to be made.

Mite inspire some more ideas, setting up input changing next.
Anyone else got any cool scenes?

Nice to have all buttons visible 8)

Looking at the code, you really should use the standard service types where ever possible. This will make it easier for third party developers to support the plugin, but also keep things in line with the other plugins on this forum.

• Garrett

[quote=“garrettwp, post:48, topic:178312”]Looking at the code, you really should use the standard service types where ever possible. This will make it easier for third party developers to support the plugin, but also keep things in line with the other plugins on this forum.

• Garrett[/quote]

I plan on doing so, I was trying to get some smaller changes out of the way first. Aside from the volume example what else can I do? (I’m very new to this).

Sorry I haven’t had a chance to implement some of the bigger changes that have been requested. For now I’ve added some more buttons for control from the UI. I’m still trying to get the layout the way I like it, so let me know what you think.

The labels under the buttons will update with whatever name you assign to each input on the receiver.

[quote=“joey52685, post:50, topic:178312”]Sorry I haven’t had a chance to implement some of the bigger changes that have been requested. For now I’ve added some more buttons for control from the UI. I’m still trying to get the layout the way I like it, so let me know what you think.

The labels under the buttons will update with whatever name you assign to each input on the receiver.[/quote]

Mine doesn’t look anything like this. What steps have to be taken to update? Have you also fixed the up volume button? Thanks for this great work.

[quote=“Aegis, post:51, topic:178312”][quote=“joey52685, post:50, topic:178312”]Sorry I haven’t had a chance to implement some of the bigger changes that have been requested. For now I’ve added some more buttons for control from the UI. I’m still trying to get the layout the way I like it, so let me know what you think.

The labels under the buttons will update with whatever name you assign to each input on the receiver.[/quote]

Mine doesn’t look anything like this. What steps have to be taken to update? Have you also fixed the up volume button? Thanks for this great work.[/quote]

Read first post.

• Garrett

[quote=“garrettwp, post:52, topic:178312”][quote=“Aegis, post:51, topic:178312”][quote=“joey52685, post:50, topic:178312”]Sorry I haven’t had a chance to implement some of the bigger changes that have been requested. For now I’ve added some more buttons for control from the UI. I’m still trying to get the layout the way I like it, so let me know what you think.

Mine doesn’t look anything like this. What steps have to be taken to update? Have you also fixed the up volume button? Thanks for this great work.[/quote]

Read first post.

• Garrett[/quote]

I see the update descriptions, downloaded the zip, but don’t know how to initiate the update. Can you please explain? Sorry to be such a noob…

[quote=“joey52685, post:49, topic:178312”][quote=“garrettwp, post:48, topic:178312”]Looking at the code, you really should use the standard service types where ever possible. This will make it easier for third party developers to support the plugin, but also keep things in line with the other plugins on this forum.

• Garrett[/quote]

I plan on doing so, I was trying to get some smaller changes out of the way first. Aside from the volume example what else can I do? (I’m very new to this).[/quote]

You’ll need to look at the other apps for references e.g. Sonos, Squeezebox plugins. However use what you can from AVTransport, RenderingControl, InputSelect, and MediaNavigation xml files.

• Garrett

[quote=“garrettwp, post:54, topic:178312”]You’ll need to look at the other apps for references e.g. Sonos, Squeezebox plugins. However use what you can from AVTransport, RenderingControl, InputSelect, and MediaNavigation xml files.

• Garrett[/quote]

Ok, fair enough. Those changes probably won’t happen until the new year, but I’ll start looking into that.

No worries. The MCV staff is on vacation which is why the updates haven’t been approved in the marketplace.

You can go to Apps → Develop Apps → Luup Files, there is a spot on the right side to upload files. They are small and will upload quickly, then hit reload. Once the unit is no longer busy you may have to refresh your browser, but you should see the changes.

No worries. The MCV staff is on vacation which is why the updates haven’t been approved in the marketplace.

You can go to Apps → Develop Apps → Luup Files, there is a spot on the right side to upload files. They are small and will upload quickly, then hit reload. Once the unit is no longer busy you may have to refresh your browser, but you should see the changes.[/quote]

Perfect. Thanks.

Hello,

I just made a scene with a trigger for my subwoofer. The subwoofer needs to come on when main input is HDMI1.

I can select so many different inputs like AV, Audio, tuner etc. Unfortunately no HDMI’s

Any chance you could insert them?

Much appreciated,
Cor

[quote=“Cor, post:58, topic:178312”]Hello,

I just made a scene with a trigger for my subwoofer. The subwoofer needs to come on when main input is HDMI1.

I can select so many different inputs like AV, Audio, tuner etc. Unfortunately no HDMI’s

Any chance you could insert them?

Much appreciated,
Cor[/quote]

Done.

Awesome! working perfectly :slight_smile:

Do you have allready any luck with saving the settings and restoring settings for a scene?

Thanks a lot,
Cor