Yale Z-Wave Touch Screen Key Free Deadbolt

Does anyone have one of these installed yet http://www.aartech.ca/product/00/YRD240-ZW-619/Yale-Z-Wave-Touch-Screen-Key-Free-Deadbolt-Satin-Nickel

I’ve installed 3 of the push button ones in the last month. We use them extensively and so far they’ve worked really well. Installation was a breeze and the integration with Vera was really easy. So far so good.

wondering have you locked your self out etc, as they have no keys

The push button deadbolt does come with keys, but so far we haven’t locked ourselves out yet :slight_smile: Even our kids are using them regularly without any problems.

Okay, the one im looking at is key free… just came out

Interesting. Looks very clean. The addition of the 9volt battery makes me feel a bit better. I’m still waiting to see how good the low-battery notification is with the ones that I have. I’d be concerned that if they batteries die before I have a chance to replace them that we’d be really screwed. The keys give me some piece of mind.

Interesting. Looks very clean. The addition of the 9volt battery makes me feel a bit better. I'm still waiting to see how good the low-battery notification is with the ones that I have. I'd be concerned that if they batteries die before I have a chance to replace them that we'd be really screwed. The keys give me some piece of mind

good point…

I have the one with the key, you get a low battery notification at 50% which takes me about 4-6 months to get there. Plenty of time to switch the battery.

I think I would prefer this model that doesn’t have a key. If anyone knows anything about locks they know you can “bumb” or pick them easily, not having the key whole makes it more secure.

I just ordered two of them. Will post experience when I install…
Salesperson tried to talk me out of the keyless version. I was not swayed…

[quote=“wilme2, post:9, topic:174749”]I just ordered two of them. Will post experience when I install…
Salesperson tried to talk me out of the keyless version. I was not swayed…[/quote]

I will be very interested in hearing your impressions. I am looking to order the key free Verizon in a few weeks. I currently have the schlage push button for the last 4 years… Never locked myself out.

[quote=“wilme2”]I just ordered two of them. Will post experience when I install…
Salesperson tried to talk me out of the keyless version. I was not swayed…[/quote]

Where did you buy the key free version? I can’t find them at all except on the Yale site for full price.

Can you scan in the installation template for me? Getting a new door and need to get the holes put on the door before it is delivered.

Thx

I ordered them from Automated Outlet. Sure, I can scan the template…

Not sure how soon they will be delivered…

[quote=“wilme2”]I ordered them from Automated Outlet. Sure, I can scan the template…

Not sure how soon they will be delivered…[/quote]

I look forward to getting the template. Thanks a bunch.

Template and Quick Start Guide (or at least the physical install portion of the guide)…
I picked these up from Automated Outlet yesterday, but won’t get to install them before the weekend.

cue003, I see on a different thread you already installed yours!

Yep, got mine installed and configured yesterday. So far so good. There are some settings in the “device options” section that I am not sure how it works since I can’t find direct information for what the fields actually mean.

For example.

What are the acceptable values for auto relock? It should be a yes or no value

Then following that is the relock times which is the amount of time to relock if the above value f auto relock is on. I can’t figure out how to turn it on. 0 means it is off. I have 180 and 180 in each field and that works but I am not sure if it is correct. Any input would be appreciated.

It would also be nice if there was an easy way that I can put the lock in privacy mode from my phone while in bed (in case I forgot to set it in Vera or forgot to use the button under the turn knob in the lock itself. )

Can’t help much but the Y/N autorelock values I think map to 0 (No) or 255 (Yes). Mine is set to 0 and does not auto-relock

this gives the full details for the option codes:
http://www.pepper1.net/zwavedb/uploads/resources/513c90984733a978c86885d00c0a99ef40dd8b72.pdf

[quote=“capjay, post:18, topic:174749”]this gives the full details for the option codes:
http://www.pepper1.net/zwavedb/uploads/resources/513c90984733a978c86885d00c0a99ef40dd8b72.pdf[/quote]

Thank you for the link. The values it mentions in there (page 5) for auto relock are not accepted by Vera.

Whoops. Just looked at it closer and figured it out. The number represent for auto relock in the PDF link is a HEX number 0xFF which is 255 in decimal. Ok. Makes more sense to me now. Thank you.

I could have also changed the field to hex and input the hex info if needed.