Yale YRD220 Z-Wave Touch Screen Door Lock Video Review

I have been using the Yale YRD220 Z-Wave Door Lock for a year and thought I’d do a quick review/overview video to share my pros and cons about the lock. Buying a lock was one of the hardest choices (because they are so expensive) so hopefully this will help someone in their decision making process.

[url=https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oQHYaOZE3Lg]Yale YRD220 Z-Wave Touch Screen Door Lock Review - YouTube

Nicely done video - had a Kwikset that died after 1 year - looking to replace and looking at Yale an Schlage locks. Have significan experience with Schlage, but none with Yale, so this was helpful

I have the YRD220-ZW-619, very happy with it too, I use veraedge now, works fine there as well, but they do not pre-list the device options in UI7, you have to add them in yourself which I think should be added by default, minor, but something that makes it much easier for those new to vera

I also bought this to make sure my bold extended ok as needed to make a little bigger, deeper hole

Thanks for making and posting this video. I was researching z-wave locks watching the op’s youtube video.

Youtube had related link and I saw how easy it is to pick this yale lock. Kind of scary.

[quote=“dlca1, post:4, topic:184402”]Thanks for making and posting this video. I was researching z-wave locks watching the op’s youtube video.

Youtube had related link and I saw how easy it is to pick this yale lock. Kind of scary.

that is scary, will have to go buy some paper clips and try that

hope not as do not want to buy any new locks with zwave plus locks probably coming out next year

Does Vera still not report locking from outside for you? I just bought my lock and a Vera Lite controller a few weeks ago and it works fine for me.

Dave

[quote=“JS007, post:5, topic:184402”][quote=“dlca1, post:4, topic:184402”]Thanks for making and posting this video. I was researching z-wave locks watching the op’s youtube video.

that is scary, will have to go buy some paper clips and try that

hope not as do not want to buy any new locks with zwave plus locks probably coming out next year[/quote]

I just tried this, only had one paper clip, but never got it to work, course my paper clip kept bending, then got too week to keep trying, was afraid paper clip was gonna break inside, sounds like it can be done, but probably not as easy as it looked in video, still when the zwave plus devices come out, will look for a new lock ( this just gives me a good excuse to do so when that time comes :wink: )

[quote=“davemedlin, post:6, topic:184402”]Does Vera still not report locking from outside for you? I just bought my lock and a Vera Lite controller a few weeks ago and it works fine for me.

Dave[/quote]

Dave, I’m looking specifically for the “Locked button is pressed” notification. Do you have that working? It will alert me when the lock is locked/unlocked but I’d like to know when it’s locked from the outside so I could trigger specific scenes from that.

As for security, that is concerning but I still think there would be much easier ways to get into my house than sitting at the front door trying to pick the lock (rock through a window comes to mind). No matter how they do it my alarm would still trigger though. I guess this just adds to the logic that there should be more than one security device. Not really sure how to word that last sentence but hopefully it makes sense what I’m trying to say…